| NEWS Who does Gene Stallings expect to play for national title? - AL.com

Unless the NY Yankees make the college football playoffs we probably won't be making that trip. The NFL has been doing this playoff, cold-weather teams, Homefield, forever. So much so it's seldom mentioned beyond the score of who won. The theme in the NFL is that if you don't like going to New England in January, finish with a better AFC record. Otherwise, it's just whining.
And thats one way to do it.....set it up and play it out....highest ranked teams host game.....all way to sup bowl of CF

Seats disguised as fans! And if you believe anounced attendance or even tickets sold ( bought up by corporate to show support)....
The numbers mentioned earlier were turnstile numbers; not tickets sold or estimated attendance.

On a different note, you're pointing to corporate purchases...the same thing would happen with home field advantage in the playoffs.

The numbers mentioned earlier were turnstile numbers; not tickets sold or estimated attendance.

On a different note, you're pointing to corporate purchases...the same thing would happen with home field advantage in the playoffs.
Never ever seen a turnstile at a college football game...maybe some have it...but this boy haint seen it...and i been around

What is it costing now, plus airline tickets? Who do you think is coming to Tuscaloosa besides Bama fans and some fans of the visiting team for quarterfinals? Especially knowing the semis and NC game are still going to places like The Rose Bowl and Santa Clara, unfortunately. How many Bama fans would correctly surmise that a home game is the best chance to see their team?

Since it's the playoffs, don't expect the ticket allotments to remain the same as a regular home game. Sponsors would get a big allotment. Schools involved would get, maybe, 20,000 each. The rest would be sold by the CFP. So, typical season ticket holders would be left out.

Since it's the playoffs, don't expect the ticket allotments to remain the same as a regular home game. Sponsors would get a big allotment. Schools involved would get, maybe, 20,000 each. The rest would be sold by the CFP. So, typical season ticket holders would be left out.

At this stage, you are specifically telling the world something that has never happened. Up to now, there has never been a home playoff game. The pie has always been sliced in 3 neutral site games.

We would now be adding 4 more playoff games to an 8 team playoff in that mix. Now we're looking at 7 playoff games instead of 3. I don't believe the folks in charge are stupid enough to try to make a neutral site game out of a home game in Tuscaloosa or anywhere else in the quarterfinals. One could quickly argue, where is the Homefield reward in that?

That's exactly my point as well. It's not a home game in Tuscaloosa. It's a playoff game. A playoff game whose participants are decided by the same group that controls the ticket sales. The notion the CFP committee is going to decide "we don't want that revenue" is asinine.

That's exactly my point as well. It's not a home game in Tuscaloosa. It's a playoff game. A playoff game whose participants are decided by the same group that controls the ticket sales. The notion the CFP committee is going to decide "we don't want that revenue" is asinine.

No, not going to happen. Now, the added TV revenue it's going to generate for the fat cats, yes, 4 more playoff games on national TV, there's your cash winfall.

I"m confused a bit here. Why would you expect the CFB Playoff group to have season ticket holders in mind when they make their decisions?
They wouldn’t i am sure...f**k those thar sit through and pay dearly for regular season........ and fuel the coffers.....of the teams...
But wouldn’t that be part ...part...of the point of having games at team’s stadium?
If not just move em around the country like present....
watch nfl playoffs and see the seats full of hosting teams fans....nba...same...mlb...same...
But ur right....probably wouldnt based on levels of stupidity and greed ....in cf prsently

Welll.....it would impact bowls...there are already bowls having a hard time filling teams...some cant get teams with winning records...take 4 more away...and it gets harder...and quality team also...take 4 more away...big bowls...sugar,rose, etc will be down to having really hard time...
And right now there are few really watchable games.....
And then throw in weather in December....( Michigan, Ohio, nebraska, etc).for hosting a playoff game...talk about making it hardto sell tickets considering travel........even great fans..
But i am not saying i disagree totally...
I like 8....4 works....but some thought in physical conception of playoffs

I think 6 is better. There should be some benefit to being 1 or 2 beyond a home field advantage. Cut them a game.

But ur right....probably wouldnt based on levels of stupidity and greed ....in cf prsently
I don't look at it as stupidity or greed. It's about disbursements. It would not be fiscally responsible to allow UA, or any school, to sell those tickets when your Notre Dame's and your other teams and conferences are getting payouts.

I think 6 is better. There should be some benefit to being 1 or 2 beyond a home field advantage. Cut them a game.
How are your other teams going to react to playing 16 games versus 15? Conference and schedule inequality is already on the forefront. To me, it seems we're looking at even more chum being added to the water.

I don't look at it as stupidity or greed. It's about disbursements. It would not be fiscally responsible to allow UA, or any school, to sell those tickets when your Notre Dame's and your other teams and conferences are getting payouts.
Welll.....ok.....i dont think the hosting team keeps the coins....but they rely on hosting team to sell to their fans....plus a normal proportion to visitors....and wherever money goes now...still goes...
Again....other formats in playoffs....nfl, nba, mlb.....
But really to argue about something that probably is moons away...
And they will give in to bowl sites ( the stupidy and greed...and really not either...bad choice of text...but in most ways better than high seeded team hosting...December wearher is just to unpredictable and harsh in most of country).....
Simple truth....

Back
Top Bottom