| FTBL When Will We Correct The Issues?

They may be the best five, but were they positioned correctly? Not saying Center is any less difficult, but the athleticism isn't as necessary as say the Tackle position. Like I used my 7-8 year olds, use them to simply clog the middle. Put a big boy like Owens on a big boy like Davis and I think we see more success than failures when you have a less imposing guy going up against an imposing one.

I do think the center is more difficult, especially at that level. They don't give very many leniencies to the center spot except for the long snapper not being covered up in college.

And considering all the check downs & calls, plus snapping the ball right (not as easy as it may seem), along with the fact the center cannot power off the ball like the rest can... It's a really tough job that gets over looked when done right but it becomes as bad as broken toe when its done woefully.

I can see your point about the athleticism needed to fight of monster DE's. It just varies by each player who's best at what position.

At this point, “what you see is what you get”, so we will continue to have issues. We can’t play less than perfect and expect to win out and we are way less than perfect. I have tempered my expectations and still have hopes to be surprised in a good way. Maybe the defense will continue to bail us out?

Nailed it!

And looking back at CNS comments from the beginning of the season, I think he surmised this point of view very early on. Case in point his excitement after the UF game. The man knows how to assess a championship team & it all starts with great leadership early on, not midpoint of the season... And here we are.

I do think the center is more difficult, especially at that level. They don't give very many leniencies to the center spot except for the long snapper not being covered up in college.

And considering all the check downs & calls, plus snapping the ball right (not as easy as it may seem), along with the fact the center cannot power off the ball like the rest can... It's a really tough job that gets over looked when done right but it becomes as bad as broken toe when its done woefully.

I can see your point about the athleticism needed to fight of monster DE's. It just varies by each player who's best at what position.

Yeah, I totally forgot about the calls and such. It's hard to make these comments without thinking you're slighting a position as they are all tough as heck, but I did the best I could, ha ha. I would like to think if Owens isn't as physically gifted to play tackle, maybe being a veteran would offer that mentally stability to make the calls at Center?

I haven't seen a game where he has played a complete game, and there have been some inferior teams on our schedule. Bryce was running around against Mercer even.

Like others have said, if he's ths best, what the hell is going on with our recruiters or position coaches? We just signed the best offensive line class ever, so why are they not ready when others before them have been? The best class ever, not my words, the recruiting world's words.
Could be a Saban philosophy coming into play here, go with the more experienced guys and keep the same unit together to see if the gel. I recall Saban making comments about OL needing to play together as a unit for them to excel. It has been a pretty successful formula.

Could be a Saban philosophy coming into play here, go with the more experienced guys and keep the same unit together to see if the gel. I recall Saban making comments about OL needing to play together as a unit for them to excel. It has been a pretty successful formula.

You just hate if there is a Jalen/Tua National Championship type situation where he is just not pulling off the band-aid knowing there may be, but not sure, of a better option.

It was good seeing Kool-Aid get the start Saturday and I saw him in there often, but he ended up with only 1 tackle and no other stats, at least on the ESPN tracker. I hope he gets more reps and gets to take an INT to the house. My son wants a Kool-Aid jersey for Christmas.

It was good seeing Kool-Aid get the start Saturday and I saw him in there often, but he ended up with only 1 tackle and no other stats, at least on the ESPN tracker. I hope he gets more reps and gets to take an INT to the house. My son wants a Kool-Aid jersey for Christmas.

In his position, not hearing your name or number called much is a good thing! I think he played really well. I don't recall anyone making a catch on him.

I'm wondering how long it will be before BY gets tired of running for his life and starts grabbing a couple face masks in the huddle and getting on their hind parts. Don't get me wrong, he's doing pretty darn good, but with some more protection, he could just be unstoppable. I like his calmness and poise, it's great, but perhaps if he would be a slightly bit more emotional, it could get some needed results. I know I've seen other Bama QB's lose their calm after being chased so much. And those chases could result in another Tua situation. But I'm just observing, you guys are the knowledgeable ones, I'm just along for the ride.

ROLL TIDE!

I'm wondering how long it will be before BY gets tired of running for his life and starts grabbing a couple face masks in the huddle and getting on their hind parts. Don't get me wrong, he's doing pretty darn good, but with some more protection, he could just be unstoppable. I like his calmness and poise, it's great, but perhaps if he would be a slightly bit more emotional, it could get some needed results. I know I've seen other Bama QB's lose their calm after being chased so much. And those chases could result in another Tua situation. But I'm just observing, you guys are the knowledgeable ones, I'm just along for the ride.

ROLL TIDE!
Remember. He threw for near 400 yards vs lsu if I remember right

302 to be exact, which still ain't bad. Might have had another 300 except for all the running;). BY is not the problem, he is as advertised.

ROLL TIDE!
Yep this is what I keep saying that we are averaging almost 500 ypg and 40+ points. Despite the problems the offense has been productive. This past game was the outlier from a productivity standpoint. I think that goes back to our inability to run the ball and handle their blitzes.

I believe all of the following: 1) What we have seen the past 9 games is what we’re going to see going forward ie inconsistency (64Tide) 2) Coach Saban knew this was not going to be a dominate team early on and that’s been obvious in his press conferences (Crimson&White Gecko) 3) The O-line is the very weak link on this team and the offense is only as productive as 9 and 1 along with 8 take them. 4) The center position and the right side of the line play slow and docile at times. 5) Bama’s linebackers define inconsistency while the DB’s define what it means to be out of position. 6) There is only one alpha on defense but he’s an alpha on steroids and a true game changer … barring injury there’s a good chance Anderson will be a top two pick in 2023. 7) A reward fund should be established to find out what happened to 13 between last season and this one … it seems someone is only poorly impersonating Moore. 8) To’oTo’o isn’t much of a thumper unless in reference to Bambi and he hits the wrong gap routinely on runs but apparently Bama doesn’t have anyone better or they’d be out there. 9) 5 Star players by definition are supposed to be able to be day one starters at best and major contributors at worse … Bama’s greatest O-line recruits from 2021 don’t seem to fit that bill. 10) I truly have no idea what’s more to blame … poor coaching or poor player performance but I think what Maze said on the subject is more correct than not.

So, all that being said, this isn’t a dominate or elite Bama team. We all agree on that … or I should say everyone who doesn’t wear Crimson glasses). On offense we all should have expected that … defense though is another matter. However, there’s only one truly dominate team this season thus far but as long as they continue starting a QB who stands eye to eye with Saban, they are beatable on any given Saturday. I’m predicting Bama wins their next three regular season games … perhaps uglily but saves their best performance of the year on the given Saturday of December 04 and then sweeps the playoffs for Saban’s second set of back to back NC’s. Crazy you say … maybe but it fits with the way 2021 has gone and one thing that hasn’t changed this season for the Tide … Saban! He’s a master at motivating his players at the right time plus he doesn’t have to combat the dreaded rat poison again for a while at least.

You read it here first and if I turn out being wrong, I’m sure you’ll let men hear about it loud and often! If I’m right, though … there will be no I told you so’s … only loud and often RTR’s!!!

I believe all of the following: 1) What we have seen the past 9 games is what we’re going to see going forward ie inconsistency (64Tide) 2) Coach Saban knew this was not going to be a dominate team early on and that’s been obvious in his press conferences (Crimson&White Gecko) 3) The O-line is the very weak link on this team and the offense is only as productive as 9 and 1 along with 8 take them. 4) The center position and the right side of the line play slow and docile at times. 5) Bama’s linebackers define inconsistency while the DB’s define what it means to be out of position. 6) There is only one alpha on defense but he’s an alpha on steroids and a true game changer … barring injury there’s a good chance Anderson will be a top two pick in 2023. 7) A reward fund should be established to find out what happened to 13 between last season and this one … it seems someone is only poorly impersonating Moore. 8) To’oTo’o isn’t much of a thumper unless in reference to Bambi and he hits the wrong gap routinely on runs but apparently Bama doesn’t have anyone better or they’d be out there. 9) 5 Star players by definition are supposed to be able to be day one starters at best and major contributors at worse … Bama’s greatest O-line recruits from 2021 don’t seem to fit that bill. 10) I truly have no idea what’s more to blame … poor coaching or poor player performance but I think what Maze said on the subject is more correct than not.

So, all that being said, this isn’t a dominate or elite Bama team. We all agree on that … or I should say everyone who doesn’t wear Crimson glasses). On offense we all should have expected that … defense though is another matter. However, there’s only one truly dominate team this season thus far but as long as they continue starting a QB who stands eye to eye with Saban, they are beatable on any given Saturday. I’m predicting Bama wins their next three regular season games … perhaps uglily but saves their best performance of the year on the given Saturday of December 04 and then sweeps the playoffs for Saban’s second set of back to back NC’s. Crazy you say … maybe but it fits with the way 2021 has gone and one thing that hasn’t changed this season for the Tide … Saban! He’s a master at motivating his players at the right time plus he doesn’t have to combat the dreaded rat poison again for a while at least.

You read it here first and if I turn out being wrong, I’m sure you’ll let men hear about it loud and often! If I’m right, though … there will be no I told you so’s … only loud and often RTR’s!!!
O my

Sure is crimson glasses as u aluded to

But i like senerio

Back
Top Bottom