| FTBL When Will We Correct The Issues?

Crtuneman

All season long we have heard that there are things we need to work on and areas we can improve, but so far I don't think we are improving at all. This is just my armchair coach's opinion, but we still have the same problems we've had all year. Our defense is still soft up the middle. Three 4th down conversions prove that. Our secondary still gets lost in coverage. Our OL still struggles too block and gets lost in assignments. Our receivers are still dropping passes. We have too many penalties and communication issues. Now our FG kicker who has been solid all year is having troubles (Not his fault, I know, it was the snapper, but still). This team is so inconsistent and soft. What is the answer? Is it coaching? Leadership? Talent? A combination of all three? All I know is that this team is so frustrating to watch. The good news is that they still control their own destiny and have only one loss. But I don't think we have the fire and the will to win at Jordan Hare. And we certainly can't beat Georgia. At this point I just hope O'Brien and Marrone find jobs elsewhere next year. And can we encourage Golding to try for a HC position somewhere? Anywhere?

All season long we have heard that there are things we need to work on and areas we can improve, but so far I don't think we are improving at all. This is just my armchair coach's opinion, but we still have the same problems we've had all year. Our defense is still soft up the middle. Three 4th down conversions prove that. Our secondary still gets lost in coverage. Our OL still struggles too block and gets lost in assignments. Our receivers are still dropping passes. We have too many penalties and communication issues. Now our FG kicker who has been solid all year is having troubles (Not his fault, I know, it was the snapper, but still). This team is so inconsistent and soft. What is the answer? Is it coaching? Leadership? Talent? A combination of all three? All I know is that this team is so frustrating to watch. The good news is that they still control their own destiny and have only one loss. But I don't think we have the fire and the will to win at Jordan Hare. And we certainly can't beat Georgia. At this point I just hope O'Brien and Marrone find jobs elsewhere next year. And can we encourage Golding to try for a HC position somewhere? Anywhere?

I have to agree with everything except the receivers. They pull their weight for the most part.

The secondary is the most baffling part of it all. A veteran group that can't seem to figure it out. Eddie Jackson, Minkah, Ronnie Harrison, Lester, Sunsari would never accept or allow what is happening to happen. Is Saban losing his edge with the position group? Is Golding really that ineffective and confusing? Kool-Aid had a great night from what I saw, so I don't think it's the talent, but maybe I'm wrong.

The offensive line? Outside of the Owens deal I can't figure it out. You recruit the position so well year after year is there really not better options? I felt George performed very well outside of the one play he got beat and Bryce fumbled.

The special teams was not great. Reichard can't help the hold on the 49 yarder, but the freaking extra point you have to think he could overcome that and essentially take one step and get the ball up. They practice it, I know. Do things have to be 100% perfect to execute? I would think any D-1 kicker should be able to overcome instances like that extra point and execute. Please save timing and all that, because I understand it from a distance, but a 17 yard field goal with only half the defense rushing should be able to execute.

Tough night and a tough look, but a gritty performance by the defense. A lot of negatives, but also some positives can be found.

I think we have seen improvement on the D. Not lights out at the DL but improved. They held a team to 14 points and less than 300 yards on a night when the offense struggled. That is improvement.

The offense on the other hand they have had their struggles at times this year but still were able to get close to 500 yards and 40+ points usually. Last night was a big time head scratcher especially not being able to run. In m view that is just your guys getting whipped at the line. That can be technique but some of it is on the players.

To me, this would be a totally different team IF not for the dropped passes and for the blown pass coverages at the 3rd level. Defense is still looking at the sideline as play is being run. Our defense is too complicated and needs to be simplified.

Whether it's talent or coaching, if you go back to the 2017 class we brought in verses the 18 or 19 classes; overall there is a significant difference. Not saying there is not elite talent on this team, but I am saying that last year's team was loaded with a greater number of elite players. Our offense was star studded and our oc who in his on right was already a great oc, was able to pretty much call any play at any time.

There's never going to be a correction of the issues until there is a serious focus on players and coaches being held accountable for their actions or lack of. There are elite players and coaches in the organization. I remember the very first press conference when Nick Saban was introduced, by AD Mal Moore. His message was not what the end result would be, winning games, playing for championships, and etc. but what it took to achieve those goals. This became known through the years as.........THE PROCESS. THE PROCESS is not for every player that signs with Alabama as has been proven over the years with players transferring, leaving the team and in some situations being dismissed. However, over the years, the majority of players and coaches have bought into "THE PROCESS" which has overshadowed the ones that have not. Unfortunately, we are now at point with Alabama football where it's only a minority that still believe "THE PROCESS".

We’ve lost 1 game, whatever issues there might be are easily corrected.
That’s where you are wrong. We are the absolute worst 8-1 team in history. LSU, Clemson, Florida, Texas,FSU,The barn, etc…have all done so much better than Alabama over the past 14 years in maintaining success. With all of the dumbass coaches we have, and half-assed players, I think we should consider replacing Saban…. ( he’s ultimately responsible)
What do you think?

That’s where you are wrong. We are the absolute worst 8-1 team in history. LSU, Clemson, Florida, Texas,FSU,The barn, etc…have all done so much better than Alabama over the past 14 years in maintaining success. With all of the dumbass coaches we have, and half-assed players, I think we should consider replacing Saban…. ( he’s ultimately responsible)
What do you think?
Well… he is in charge of the secondary… fire his ass.

I have to agree with everything except the receivers. They pull their weight for the most part.

The secondary is the most baffling part of it all. A veteran group that can't seem to figure it out. Eddie Jackson, Minkah, Ronnie Harrison, Lester, Sunsari would never accept or allow what is happening to happen. Is Saban losing his edge with the position group? Is Golding really that ineffective and confusing? Kool-Aid had a great night from what I saw, so I don't think it's the talent, but maybe I'm wrong.

The offensive line? Outside of the Owens deal I can't figure it out. You recruit the position so well year after year is there really not better options? I felt George performed very well outside of the one play he got beat and Bryce fumbled.

The special teams was not great. Reichard can't help the hold on the 49 yarder, but the freaking extra point you have to think he could overcome that and essentially take one step and get the ball up. They practice it, I know. Do things have to be 100% perfect to execute? I would think any D-1 kicker should be able to overcome instances like that extra point and execute. Please save timing and all that, because I understand it from a distance, but a 17 yard field goal with only half the defense rushing should be able to execute.

Tough night and a tough look, but a gritty performance by the defense. A lot of negatives, but also some positives can be found.
I lay the blame on the missed FG and PAT at the feet of the long snapper. Both snaps, Tyson had to reach to his right, then bring back across his body to spot. They were working on it before the 2nd half.

Last edited:
It is evident that we are not as dominate a team this year especially along the defensive or offensive lines. Blame it on recruiting misses from all the coaching changes over the past few years, all the little Sabanites in the SEC now that are collectively luring away some top talent from coming to the Capstone, a lack of developing these guys and actually playing them or losing so much talent and leadership to the NFL draft EVERY year. I believe it's a combination of a lot of different factors honestly. I don't believe this was our year to win another national title after all the talent we lost from last year. Overall, we are a young team that has played beyond expectations with all things being considered.

The lost to Texas A&M was frustrating, but a fluke game that falls on both players and coaches. Coaches can't catch passes and tackle, while players can't scheme for the opposing team and call better plays in the red zone. I don't believe we will beat Jawja if we play them. LS(who) just laid out a defensive blueprint for any team we face going forward and Jawja is damn good on defense this year. This wouldn't be as big of an issue if we had Sark or Kiffin running the show on offense, but we have BoB and I just don't see his offense scheme getting it done against Jawja or possibly even Awbarn. Factor in our offensive line issues and it's just not happening. The slightest hope is getting Dalcourt back at center and replacing Owens with George, keeping Randolph in to block and having the running back in to block or chip the defensive end on pass routes. Honestly, I would love to see an extra lineman ( Kight or Brown) in to block. I know this will never happen, but I've been in favor of having O'Neal, Kight, Dalcourt, Ekiyor and George as a starting line especially with our straight forward blocking schemes while using Brown and/or Randolph as extra blockers when needed. Jawja is coming with an All-American caliber defensive front 7 that we need to match and our current lineup is not capable in my opinion.

Defensively, we have talent but there just seems to be too many errors and not enough elite talent. Our inability to control the line and consistently pressure the QB is our Achilles heel. Will Anderson is a one man show but he can't do it all. The talent gap between him and the rest of the defensive front is staggering. The fact that we don't rotate our LB's is frustrating. Moody and Kennedy are capable if not better in some scenarios. The secondary has potential to be outstanding but the lack of overall speed and mental errors are limiting. I'm not sure if you guys noticed, but Kool-Aid played an excellent game and should be on the field at all times. If not at corner, I would love to see him at star as Branch and Moore have both had their share of issues this year.

I see BAMA winning out the remainder of the regular season with a loss at jawja in the SECCG and a date against the loser of the Oklahoma vs. Oklahoma State game in the Sugar Bowl. Final Record: 12-2.

As far as the playoffs, other than jawja I don't have a clue who gets in this year. Regardless, the next 4 weeks will be fun to watch! I do have Bryce Young winning the Heisman trophy especially if we can keep the SECCG close or possibly win it.

Finally, I do believe there will be some coaching changes.

Last edited:
They better correct this shit, soon. Otherwise, Auburn's gonna beat our ass and someone else will be going to Atlanta to play Georgia. And if we beat Arkansas and Auburn, then Georgia will CERTAINLY beat our ass like we stole their lunch money.

They better correct this shit, soon. Otherwise, Auburn's gonna beat our ass and someone else will be going to Atlanta to play Georgia. And if we beat Arkansas and Auburn, then Georgia will CERTAINLY beat our ass like we stole their lunch money.
Agreed! We will see if Saban is willing to change anything next week against Arkansas. He will rest his starters early 3rd quarter and play the 2's and 3's against New Mexico State.

It is evident that we are not as dominate a team this year especially along the defensive or offensive lines. Blame it on recruiting misses from all the coaching changes over the past few years, all the little Sabanites in the SEC now that are collectively luring away some top talent from coming to the Capstone, a lack of developing these guys and actually playing them or losing so much talent and leadership to the NFL draft EVERY year. I believe it's a combination of a lot of different factors honestly. I don't believe this was our year to win another national title after all the talent we lost from last year. Overall, we are a young team that has played beyond expectations with all things being considered.

The lost to Texas A&M was frustrating, but a fluke game that falls on both players and coaches. Coaches can't catch passes and tackle, while players can't scheme for the opposing team and call better plays in the red zone. I don't believe we will beat Jawja if we play them. LS(who) just laid out a defensive blueprint for any team we face going forward and Jawja is damn good on defense this year. This wouldn't be as big of an issue if we had Sark or Kiffin running the show on offense, but we have BoB and I just don't see his offense scheme getting it done against Jawja or possibly even Awbarn. Factor in our offensive line issues and it's just not happening. The slightest hope is getting Dalcourt back at center and replacing Owens with George, keeping Randolph in to block and having the running back in to block or chip the defensive end on pass routes. Honestly, I would love to see an extra lineman ( Kight or Brown) in to block. I know this will never happen, but I've been in favor of having O'Neal, Kight, Dalcourt, Ekiyor and George as a starting line especially with our straight forward blocking schemes while using Brown and/or Randolph as extra blockers when needed. Jawja is coming with an All-American caliber defensive front 7 that we need to match and our current lineup is not capable in my opinion.

Defensively, we have talent but there just seems to be too many errors and not enough elite talent. Our inability to control the line and consistently pressure the QB is our Achilles heel. Will Anderson is a one man show but he can't do it all. The talent gap between him and the rest of the defensive front is staggering. The fact that we don't rotate our LB's is frustrating. Moody and Kennedy are capable if not better in some scenarios. The secondary has potential to be outstanding but the lack of overall speed and mental errors are limiting. I'm not sure if you guys noticed, but Kool-Aid played an excellent game and should be on the field at all times. If not at corner, I would love to see him at star as Branch and Moore have both had their share of issues this year.

I see BAMA winning out the remainder of the regular season with a loss at jawja in the SECCG and a date against the loser of the Oklahoma vs. Oklahoma State game in the Sugar Bowl. Final Record: 12-2.

As far as the playoffs, other than jawja I don't have a clue who gets in this year. Regardless, the next 4 weeks will be fun to watch! I do have Bryce Young winning the Heisman trophy especially if we can keep the SECCG close or possibly win it.

Finally, I do believe there will be some coaching changes.
You see a lot of things the coaches dont!

I lay the blame on the missed FG and PAT at the feet of the long snapper. Both snaps, Tyson had to reach to his right, then bring back across his body to spot. They were working on it before the 2nd half.

I know @Brandon Van de Graaff has beat this to death on how Saban likes to practice kickers.

When the snapper was on the sideline practicing.......he was snapping to the punter while they were getting the timing and everything together. Then when it is time to kick, Tyson trots out and is the holder. Insignificant?? Maybe, maybe not.

Take a breath it is going to be alright. This year has highlighted we should never underestimate our opponents or take for granted that Bama can just plug and play players and coaches and reload. With that said even more so I have learned that you should never underestimate CNS . If anyone can clean this up he can. Who else would you trust to do this? It IS NOT a forgone conclusion any team is going to beat or as some have said skull drag Bama. It may happen but it would be the exception since CNS has shown up in T-Town. Heck for that matter even during the Bama down years there were very infrequent skull draggings.

I am fully aware I am making this statement after probably the worst offensive performance we have seen in awhile. That statement alone just underlines how unlikely a ton of losses are in our future.

This season also shows how tough it is to repeat and stay focused every single day in practice and laser focused every Saturday. As 18-22 year olds that were on top of the world back in January. It’s tough.

Back
Top Bottom