| CURRENT EVENTS “When we raise taxes on the poor, it’s good because then the poor will live longer because they can’t afford as many things that kill them.”

Definitely an interesting take. He's spot on if he's speaking specifically to targeting specific products for higher taxes. Some of these foods/choices has a massive impact on our healthcare system. But where do they draw the line? Will alcohol be further taxed?

Making real food like fresh fruits and vegetables cheaper than junk food would be great.

Making real food like fresh fruits and vegetables cheaper than junk food would be great.

That's why so many people (no matter what economic class they're in) eat :poop:ty food. It's a helluva lot cheaper than what we all really need.

Btw, this statement isn't going to fly well in the face of those Bernie/AOC types who want free, free, free stuff. (Oh, please don't tell AOC I wrote free stuff... :rolleyes:).

A bit of a change of subject and then back to the thread.

There's a new convenience store chain that's opened up here in the last two months called Parkers Kitchen Interesting place. Now, the Kitchen aspect needs to be dropped from my experience to date All I've had is a slice of Pizza (noticed it was coming out fresh when I bought it) but I've been in there a few times with people who ordered their food. I can't call it horrible I can call it "blah." (Fries, Chicken, et. al., all cooked in the same grease, same breading it seems, so there's really no distinctive taste.

HOWEVER, they do boast 28° beer. And, it's that cold. The nearest one to the house is about a mile and a half versus a half of a mile to three other stores. The coldness...worth the drive.

So far, and here's a kicker, their rewards system rocks. IF you buy food and beer you get credit for the entire ticket. 10¢ off per gallon for every $25 spent. Case of Yeungling at $18.99 plus one meal at $6.99...filled two vehicles up the other day.

All that said...banana's, 99¢ a piece. A buck for a banana. Seriously...noticed it in another store yesterday.

Definitely an interesting take. He's spot on if he's speaking specifically to targeting specific products for higher taxes. Some of these foods/choices has a massive impact on our healthcare system. But where do they draw the line? Will alcohol be further taxed?

And here we go...in the overall sense if it discourages people from buying some foods I get where he's going. But, do you remember the tax on drinks he put out there...wasn't it a size limit or something like that?

It's a line the government has no business drawing in the first place. I was in a store two days ago and had to wait a few minutes for someone to get off the phone so they could use the EBT machine...to buy two Peanut Butter Parfait's. However, in the same store they couldn't buy ice with their EBT cards. A place to start ... stop allowing those on food programs to buy that kind of food with their EBT programs.

No matter what he's raising taxes on the poor. In my view a very stupid platform to begin with.

It was on the large drinks, yes. Big Gulps and such. He equates taxes on sugary drinks the very same way many view taxes on cigarettes. Some "vice" taxes are there to discourage use, some were originally assessed to combat the impact of their use (health, gambling addiction, etc.) but over time it's simply reverted to government greed.

Bloomberg has no problem disrupting the lives of others for what he sees as the greater good. Reducing the number of traffic lanes in NYC to make way for bicycle and pedestrian traffic paralyzed parts of the city. As he mentioned, like Hillary, coal miners are on his hit list. And he would levy punitive taxes on ammo and firearms to discourage possession.

Back
Top Bottom