What's the Most Interesting, Valuable Thing You Own?

Found a picture of it.

b1964a909f691362f4a6595066c55542.jpg

First thing that comes to mind are my baseball cards. Not really valuable anymore, but tons of sentimental value from the memories of being a kid and collecting them. I still have them (one of the few things that survived the tornado) and still have an awesome collection, even though cards ain't what they use to be.

I have my dads 45 pistol that he used in the Korean War. I would not sell or trade the weapon for any amount of money.

I have several thousand baseball and football cards and programs that date back to the late 60's of high school, college and pros.

In 1914, the University issued retroactive bachelor's degrees to the members of the 1865 Alabama Corps of Cadets and others who had left school early to enter Confederate service. My great-grandfather's is on the wall in my office at home. When President Denny signed it, he had been in office only two years.

In 1914, the University issued retroactive bachelor's degrees to the members of the 1865 Alabama Corps of Cadets and others who had left school early to enter Confederate service. My great-grandfather's is on the wall in my office at home. When President Denny signed it, he had been in office only two years.
Outstanding!

Original land grant signed by President Jackson (from my mother's side of the family) is framed & hanging in my office. Document is so old & poorly framed that the paper is disintegrating. Probably not that valuable monetarily, but it is sentimentally.

Original land grant signed by President Jackson (from my mother's side of the family) is framed & hanging in my office. Document is so old & poorly framed that the paper is disintegrating. Probably not that valuable monetarily, but it is sentimentally.

have it mounted in an air-tight document holder. it will help to preserve what is left.

ot: the most valuable thing i own would have to be my #13 helmet with signatures from the entire 2009 team, along with Coach Saban.

the most interesting, in my opinion, is my pair of houndstooth gloves signed by Mark Ingram. i have them mounted in the style that is in the picture of him after the touchdown in the national championship game against texas.

i also have 2 other pairs of gloves, one pair signed by Amari Cooper and the other Kenyan Drake (thanks to an AWESOME person from this board). i still need to get these mounted, but i gotta save the money for those; then find the room on my walls to hang them.

Still have my baseball cards as well, perhaps 1,200 or so mainly from 1972-1977, and my old albums (70's) and 45's (50's - 70's). Thread said no cars, but I'm an old car guy and I like old automotive nostalgia pieces, or older Bama football, and Alabama in general, memorabilia. Although not that rare, but a neat conversation piece, I was designated an Honorary Colonel in the Militia of the State of Alabama.

RTR,

Tim

Back
Top Bottom