What's the Most Expensive/Valuable Thing You Own?

90637_ORIG-runaway_train_derailed_thread_soul_asylum_1_.jpg

3 bedrooms 2 baths and 10 acres - best part is nearest neighbor behind me is 2 miles and nothing but woods between us

oh man, i hate you so much ;) i'd love to have that much acreage and no close neighbors. i'd be playing in the woods as much as i could.

for me, it has to be my house as well. paid it off years ago. (second is my truck, paid cash for it).

3 bed, 3 bath home on 160 acres with a pond and 2 creeks. Although that is my retirement home and I did not pay for it. My parents left it to me in will, dad is still alive but my name is on the deeds, so it will be easier to transfer when he passes(hopefully not for many more years). It also makes it easier for me to take care of everything for him, as he is of advanced age and mom used to take care of all legal matters. I also have power of attorney for his medical care. Currently live in an apartment about 45 minutes away.

3 bed, 3 bath home on 160 acres with a pond and 2 creeks. Although that is my retirement home and I did not pay for it. My parents left it to me in will, dad is still alive but my name is on the deeds, so it will be easier to transfer when he passes(hopefully not for many more years). It also makes it easier for me to take care of everything for him, as he is of advanced age and mom used to take care of all legal matters. I also have power of attorney for his medical care. Currently live in an apartment about 45 minutes away.

Outstanding. I want a quarter section in retirement, but I'll be happy with 40-60 acres with a good stand of hardwood and a lake site.

Outstanding. I want a quarter section in retirement, but I'll be happy with 40-60 acres with a good stand of hardwood and a lake site.
We don't quite have a lake but it is a pretty big pond, about 500' across at it's widest. It used to be fenced off from the cattle and had a homemade diving board. Now it is muddy all the time, since we let the cattle have their way with it. It is also self stocked with catfish, bream and small mouth bass. All of them caught from the slower, deeper creek and transported to the pond. The other creek is shallow, swift water with a 20' waterfall. Only thing to catch out of it is small crawfish and minnows. Catch the minnows, then walk through the woods to the deeper creek and use them as bait.

One thing we have never allowed though is hunting on the land. Not because we are anti-hunting, just because hunters tear a place up. I also got shot, as a kid, by a hunter who was hunting on bordering land. Fortunately, he was bird hunting and I only got a few pellets in my left calve. He was drunk, of course and he crossed the fence onto our property. He lost his shotgun and all his gear that day, as he dropped it all and ran like hell. They never did catch him. The bordering land was owned by Georgia Kraft and they had no idea who he was either.

We don't quite have a lake but it is a pretty big pond, about 500' across at it's widest. It used to be fenced off from the cattle and had a homemade diving board. Now it is muddy all the time, since we let the cattle have their way with it. It is also self stocked with catfish, bream and small mouth bass. All of them caught from the slower, deeper creek and transported to the pond. The other creek is shallow, swift water with a 20' waterfall. Only thing to catch out of it is small crawfish and minnows. Catch the minnows, then walk through the woods to the deeper creek and use them as bait.

One thing we have never allowed though is hunting on the land. Not because we are anti-hunting, just because hunters tear a place up. I also got shot, as a kid, by a hunter who was hunting on bordering land. Fortunately, he was bird hunting and I only got a few pellets in my left calve. He was drunk, of course and he crossed the fence onto our property. He lost his shotgun and all his gear that day, as he dropped it all and ran like hell. They never did catch him. The bordering land was owned by Georgia Kraft and they had no idea who he was either.

Sounds nice. Pond and pasture, two creeks and enough fall to have 20 foot waterfall, the land must work upland from bottom to ridge a bit.

Back
Top Bottom