What's the Most Expensive/Valuable Thing You Own?

Sounds nice. Pond and pasture, two creeks and enough fall to have 20 foot waterfall, the land must work upland from bottom to ridge a bit.
Yeah, the house is on the upper side, pond below that and shallow creek dumps into deeper creek, which eventually dumps into the Little River Canyon. It was always fun hauling the fish from that creek, back uphill, through the woods to the pond.

Is this fairly common practice of RTB members to derail threads like this??

You said you wanted specifics. I was working up an appraisal for you on Bamachine's retirement property. Since it's not income producing (unless he's renting pasture - hunting is out), I was going to dispense with that approach. I hadn't gotten around to asking about a timber cruise. Improvements are probably well into their useful lives, so I was just going to find some sales comps and get back with you then.

You said you wanted specifics. I was working up an appraisal for you on Bamachine's retirement property. Since it's not income producing (unless he's renting pasture - hunting is out), I was going to dispense with that approach. I hadn't gotten around to asking about a timber cruise. Improvements are probably well into their useful lives, so I was just going to find some sales comps and get back with you then.

You know what cruising timber is?

creepy mf'er right there

My dad "cruised timber" and was a timber buyer for two different companies for almost 50 years.

Fair enough. Was he in Bama or elsewhere? I'm just used to reading how it's characterized in land valuations in the Southeast. For a second, I thought I had stumbled across some phrase y'all use on the site that meant something outside the timber industry...

Fair enough. Was he in Bama or elsewhere? I'm just used to reading how it's characterized in land valuations in the Southeast. For a second, I thought I had stumbled across some phrase y'all use on the site that meant something outside the timber industry...

LOL...no but come to think of it, I could turn it into a phrase we could use on the site. Yeah he worked in Jasper, AL that whole time.

LOL...no but come to think of it, I could turn it into a phrase we could use on the site. Yeah he worked in Jasper, AL that whole time.

Cool. Walker County is where pulpwood equipment would go to die. We couldn't get anybody to go into some parts to pick up a skidder. Seems like there was one graveyard of equipment where stuff would get dumped.

Back
Top Bottom