| FTBL What ONE Game Would You Change The Outcome Of?

Mine are all very recent...

My top 5...

1. 2023 v. Michigan- Main reason here would be for Saban to walk off with one final national championship... it would have been the perfect ending.
2. 2010 v. auburn- This game still sticks on my craw. The ides of Mark. The Ingram fumble with the magic bounce down the sideline. Barron's torn pec that limited him in the 2nd half (especially on a key pass play). If Bama wins, not only is it a victory over auburn, but it knocks them out of the BCS title game in favor of TCU. Would have been two wins in one.
3. 2021 v. Georgia- Beating them a 2nd time in about a month, ripping their heart out and eating it, would have been absolutely glorious. Not sure Kirby would have gotten back up off the mat.
4. 2022 @ Tennessee- A win would have meant Saban retried with a clean record against them which would have been incredible (both from a consistency standpoint and a humor standpoint). Also, if all else stays the same, Bama goes to Atlanta instead of LSU. And we know what Saban-led Bama teams did in Atlanta.
5. 2016 v. Clemson- A win that night in Tampa gives Bama/Saban another perfect season, which would have been nice. It was also the last game I got to watch with my Dad before he passed away... wish it had ended with a win and confetti.

Recency bias, but the recent Michigan game so Saban goes out with a title. But my all-time answer would be 1973 over Notre Dame. My dad still to this day hates ND way more than auburn because of that game.

Basketball: 1976 against Indiana. Not sure if I'd even change the outcome of the game, but that team at the very least deserved a Final Four birth. They got seeded so poorly.

Ok. We going back and back....and back

62 vs ga tech. Which for really old timers ...was bamas most hated rivery...

Coming off 61 NC....#1 in polls...at Grant Field in Atlanta...

Namath throws int....LeeRoy chases down intercpter and takes ball away...giving Bama another chance....bama scores but... 2 point conversion fails....
7-6 ga tech

Could add vs texas in orange bowl...Namath still claims he scored...on 4th n 1 at texas 1

Mine are all very recent...

My top 5...

1. 2023 v. Michigan- Main reason here would be for Saban to walk off with one final national championship... it would have been the perfect ending.
2. 2010 v. auburn- This game still sticks on my craw. The ides of Mark. The Ingram fumble with the magic bounce down the sideline. Barron's torn pec that limited him in the 2nd half (especially on a key pass play). If Bama wins, not only is it a victory over auburn, but it knocks them out of the BCS title game in favor of TCU. Would have been two wins in one.
3. 2021 v. Georgia- Beating them a 2nd time in about a month, ripping their heart out and eating it, would have been absolutely glorious. Not sure Kirby would have gotten back up off the mat.
4. 2022 @ Tennessee- A win would have meant Saban retried with a clean record against them which would have been incredible (both from a consistency standpoint and a humor standpoint). Also, if all else stays the same, Bama goes to Atlanta instead of LSU. And we know what Saban-led Bama teams did in Atlanta.
5. 2016 v. Clemson- A win that night in Tampa gives Bama/Saban another perfect season, which would have been nice. It was also the last game I got to watch with my Dad before he passed away... wish it had ended with a win and confetti.
This is what's so cool about being a Bama fan - we can only list a few! Most teams would have 40-100 games listed.

I'm going to put out another possibility: the 2018 natty against Clemson (played in 2019). If Tua doesn't stink it up, if our special teams doesn't suck, and if our DBs weren't drunk that night, we'd be calling that 2018 team the best Bama team ever. Plus we'd remove that embarrassing loss from the books.

1973 Sugar Bowl.
You named the same game as I was going to name. I didn’t get over that game for a very long time. Now, I loved Coach Bryant with a passion but for a long stretch from 67 to 74 he couldn’t win a bowl game to save his life. Of course, he then went on a tear that cemented the GOAT status that lasted until Saban. The two bowl losses to ND truly sucked and I can’t to this day watch replays or even read articles about those games!

Ok. We going back and back....and back

62 vs ga tech. Which for really old timers ...was bamas most hated rivery...

Coming off 61 NC....#1 in polls...at Grant Field in Atlanta...

Namath throws int....LeeRoy chases down intercpter and takes ball away...giving Bama another chance....bama scores but... 2 point conversion fails....
7-6 ga tech

Could add vs texas in orange bowl...Namath still claims he scored...on 4th n 1 at texas
Two receivers in same area, one in front tips ball away from intended receiver in back of him, who was open.

Back
Top Bottom