| FTBL What ONE Game Would You Change The Outcome Of?

He wouldn't have the job he has today. He wouldn't have won the Heisman.

Can you tell me you think Tebow, and his skill set, would have been a good match for Shula's scheme? He wasn't coming to Bama any more than Winston was when he was being recruiting.
According to Tebow. He hadn't decided til he walked to podium.

I really dont know he waas a great fit for Myers O. He really got the offense to adjust to him.

Take Florida, '99. DuBose wouldn't have been in Tuscaloosa in 2000, or fRan the next two years. Or, another Florida game; 2005. Shula would have been gone sooner.
As stated by @50+yeartidefan "if's and buts". Timing, timing, timing. I would go through the Shula years to get the 17 year run we just finished under CNS.

Having said that, during the Shula term, I felt like we screwed up hiring him when we did. I always felt like we should have allowed Joe Kines to be the HC (interim) for the year and start fresh after 2003. We would have weathered the worst part of probation, and then been able to hire a coach at the appropriate time. Both Spurrier and Butch Davis had recently failed in the NFL and would have been great hires for the program. I am so stoked that we didn't. Again, timing is everything, and the Good Lord shown upon us after the Mike cubed and fRan experiment.

@UAgrad93 is it true that before the 89 Iron Bowl (first one in Auburn in lemedy million years) that Curry was playing "One Moment in Time" by Whitney Houston? Meanwhile Dye is over in the other locker room telling all his players that this is the game of a lifetime that you gonna tell all your chillun and your granchillun about.

As stated by @50+yeartidefan "if's and buts". Timing, timing, timing. I would go through the Shula years to get the 17 year run we just finished under CNS.

Having said that, during the Shula term, I felt like we screwed up hiring him when we did. I always felt like we should have allowed Joe Kines to be the HC (interim) for the year and start fresh after 2003. We would have weathered the worst part of probation, and then been able to hire a coach at the appropriate time. Both Spurrier and Butch Davis had recently failed in the NFL and would have been great hires for the program. I am so stoked that we didn't. Again, timing is everything, and the Good Lord shown upon us after the Mike cubed and fRan experiment.
And it can go on n on. How a single event changed history ( pick 6)
That 1 second added to clock. Damn

I really dont know he waas a great fit for Myers O. He really got the offense to adjust to him.
Urban used more of the read option/ QB run scheme as opposed to Shula’s TB heavy/pro style offense. As hard headed as Shula proved to be leading to his demise, he wasn’t going to change his offense to fit Tebow’s skill set.

@UAgrad93 is it true that before the 89 Iron Bowl (first one in Auburn in lemedy million years) that Curry was playing "One Moment in Time" by Whitney Houston? Meanwhile Dye is over in the other locker room telling all his players that this is the game of a lifetime that you gonna tell all your chillun and your granchillun about.
Don’t know about the song since I was only used as a tackling dummy during the week! 😂 I do know that Coach Curry put it out there about a freshman OLineman having his life threatened during the week leading up to the game! A freshman that didn’t even play, like myself!!! That made no sense then and makes no sense now.

So, this is what I based, and refer to, as my opinion on Tebow's commitment.

I spoke frequently with the pastor, and his son, of the church he and his parents attended. We shared books along with VHS and Cassette tapes discussing their ministry and how I was viewing things at the time. We didn't talk of Tebow often but when we did I KNEW what the family was thinking.

@psychojoe worked with Winston's grandmother. We had people coming on this site saying he was headed to Bama. The answer was, "no."

Yes, Meyer's tailored the offense around Tebow. And no, I have no reason to believe Shula could have done the same. He still hasn't proven a thing in football. ( I realize we are circulating back again. But, I still say. You don't realize how much of a joke that 2005 team was/is/to be remembered by.)

So hard to decide. But right now I'm leaning towards the 2013 "Kick-Six" Iron Bowl. We were the better team. Strange things happened beyond the kick-six. I'd have loved our chances against that FSU team for a historic three-peat. AJ vs Winston ... Saban vs Fisher ... Bama vs FSU.

So, this is what I based, and refer to, as my opinion on Tebow's commitment.

I spoke frequently with the pastor, and his son, of the church he and his parents attended. We shared books along with VHS and Cassette tapes discussing their ministry and how I was viewing things at the time. We didn't talk of Tebow often but when we did I KNEW what the family was thinking.

@psychojoe worked with Winston's grandmother. We had people coming on this site saying he was headed to Bama. The answer was, "no."

Yes, Meyer's tailored the offense around Tebow. And no, I have no reason to believe Shula could have done the same. He still hasn't proven a thing in football. ( I realize we are circulating back again. But, I still say. You don't realize how much of a joke that 2005 team was/is/to be remembered by.)
He was OC for a Super Bowl team!!!!

Back
Top Bottom