| FTBL What College Coach Is Under The Most Pressure to Produce This Season?

Jimbo has a 39-21 record at A&M. Definitely not what they signed up for. He's had winning records in four of the five seasons he's been at A&M, but last year's 5-7 record was horrible. IMO, despite the money he'll be owed, he'll likely get fired with a mediocre record. They'll hope that he gets hired by someone else and relieve them of the payout.

Jimbo has a 39-21 record at A&M. Definitely not what they signed up for. He's had winning records in four of the five seasons he's been at A&M, but last year's 5-7 record was horrible. IMO, despite the money he'll be owed, he'll likely get fired with a mediocre record. They'll hope that he gets hired by someone else and relieve them of the payout.
I just checked. Jimbo's contract is fully guaranteed meaning there is no offset. A&M is screwed.

Who else ...p5....would hire him...with such a record...

I know.....several of many i guess

If Holgersen overachieves, he'll get a good look at aTm or TX, first one to falter.
In my opinion he did overachieve in 2021: finished in the top 20.

Consider this:

In his first year at WVU he won the conference: Big East. The next season they moved to the Big 12 and they were fighting, on average, for the fourth and fifth place conference finish. He finished with roughly a .670 winning percentage.

He goes to Houston where they won seven games in his first two years and then the 8-0 conference campaign in '21 followed by another five win conference record: in the American.

Now, Houston heads to ... the Big 12. While he has a better record to date at Houston, now he's looking at several teams with the same talent level (most of them better:) which in the end still isn't that good.

I just don't see this happening ...

2023 Houston schedule:

I'll have to look to see if I'm right here but I'll venture a guess. When the 'books are looking at over/under win totals they'll put Houston at 4.5. I can see four wins if things fall right. Five is overachieving. (It's probably going to be a +$, bet, know what mean?) IF A&M falls flat, I don't see them looking at a five win coach. Hell, six wins puts him in the running for Big12 coach of the year. :unsure:

Back
Top Bottom