| FTBL What College Coach Is Under The Most Pressure to Produce This Season?

A thought...

We know the population of Houston and the talent the state tends to carry.
We know the population of New Orleans and the talent that area carries as well.

What does it say when Tulane has a better football program than Houston given all the resource advantages?

In my opinion he did overachieve in 2021: finished in the top 20.

Consider this:

In his first year at WVU he won the conference: Big East. The next season they moved to the Big 12 and they were fighting, on average, for the fourth and fifth place conference finish. He finished with roughly a .670 winning percentage.

He goes to Houston where they won seven games in his first two years and then the 8-0 conference campaign in '21 followed by another five win conference record: in the American.

Now, Houston heads to ... the Big 12. While he has a better record to date at Houston, now he's looking at several teams with the same talent level (most of them better:) which in the end still isn't that good.

I just don't see this happening ...

2023 Houston schedule:

I'll have to look to see if I'm right here but I'll venture a guess. When the 'books are looking at over/under win totals they'll put Houston at 4.5. I can see four wins if things fall right. Five is overachieving. (It's probably going to be a +$, bet, know what mean?) IF A&M falls flat, I don't see them looking at a five win coach. Hell, six wins puts him in the running for Big12 coach of the year. :unsure:
For the record, I didn't say he would continue his success, but if. If he does well in the last year of the Big 12 being an actual P5, he'll get a look. On the other side of the coin, he could lay an egg against the Roadrunners.

The folks in Columbus are upset bc Day has lost to Michigan (that team up north as they say) the past two seasons. The guy has a stellar record overall but losing to UM and in the playoffs have some calling for a change.

Mel Tucker at Michigan St. better get things turned around as well. Huge buyout so he may be safe another year or two.

The folks in Columbus are upset bc Day has lost to Michigan (that team up north as they say) the past two seasons. The guy has a stellar record overall but losing to UM and in the playoffs have some calling for a change.

Mel Tucker at Michigan St. better get things turned around as well. Huge buyout so he may be safe another year or two.
Day isn't going anywhere. As long he get the team to playoff, he's fine.

Tucker- Hard to tell. I think he get 2 years.

Matt Campbell, Iowa State

Mike Norvell, Florida State

Jimbo Fisher, Texas A&M

Billy Napier, Florida

Those guys will be huge news.... I expect at least 2 or 3 out of those guys to be fired before November.

Day isn't going anywhere. As long he get the team to playoff, he's fine.

Tucker- Hard to tell. I think he get 2 years.

Matt Campbell, Iowa State

Mike Norvell, Florida State

Jimbo Fisher, Texas A&M

Billy Napier, Florida

Those guys will be huge news.... I expect at least 2 or 3 out of those guys to be fired before November.
Day- hit with the same expectations as Saban
Tucker- got that big contract and has since fallen. He may be the first on this list to go.
Campbell- it’s Iowa St
Norvell- big expectations this year.
Fisher- HUGE contract and shit to show for it. Aggieland may bite the bullet this year and cut their losses.
Napier- needs a better showing this fall but Cousin Eddie did try burning that program to the ground before he left.

It's $2.5M before Jan. 15, 2022;
$2M in 2023,
$1.5M in 2024 and $1M in 2024 and beyond.
(Initially read that $1M just as 2024, but the language is Tucker would owe that any time AFTER Jan. 16, 2024).

It's not more about the buyout... Man... MSU screwed themselves on that deal.

Back
Top Bottom