| FTBL What Bowl Game Are You Looking Forward To?

alabama mike

Just Win Baby!
Other than the two big games on Jan. 1 and the National Championship, what bowl game or games are you looking forward to watching? There are some duds but there are also some good games, at least on paper.

I'm looking forward to next Saturday when they all begin. Just looking at those games I'm watching the South Alabama game and likely the Utah vs Colorado State game as well (looking forward to seeing Dee Hart play in what will likely be his last game.)

I am with the rest in that I love them all and feel a little lost after Signing Day is over. But if I had to pick a game I am interested in the TCU-Ole Miss and Georgia Tech-Mississippi State game. Gonna see how we stack up against a couple other conferences and their best teams.

I'm looking forward to next Saturday when they all begin. Just looking at those games I'm watching the South Alabama game and likely the Utah vs Colorado State game as well (looking forward to seeing Dee Hart play in what will likely be his last game.)

Terry, no matter how much you insist, I will not ever watch another bowl game involving Rutgers or Virginia Tech.

Terry, no matter how much you insist, I will not ever watch another bowl game involving Rutgers or Virginia Tech.

As I recall, I tried to talk you into going a different direction on that game, didn't I? I remember the match-up, remember there were something like six turnovers, and the Under won the day.

As I recall, I tried to talk you into going a different direction on that game, didn't I? I remember the match-up, remember there were something like six turnovers, and the Under won the day.
That game easily wins the title as the worst bowl game ever telecast. It would have also won awards for most inept quarterback play by both teams. Even though I had an 'investment' on the game, it was painful to watch.

I enjoy bowl most bowl games. Some, like Marshall vs No Illinois, are not too interesting to me.
But, I can't pick just one that I'll be interested in, so here is a partial list: (You said besides the playoff games...)
Clemson vs Oklahoma (Russell Athletic)
LSU vs Notre Dame (Music City) ** Let's just include all SEC bowl games here.
Nebraska vs USC (Holiday)
Michigan St vs Baylor (Cotton)
Navy vs San Diego State (Poinsettia)

One that I know I will not see is the Arkanasa vs Texas. I watch the 1969 game and was pulling for the Hoggs to win. Texas came from behind to win the game.

• South Alabama tomorrow afternoon. My son goes there (he's not going to the game...Dunno why...), and it's their (Joey Jones) first bowl game.
  • I like the Arkansas/UT match up because of what it used to represent. Arkansas will probably have that game in hand by the fourth though.
  • I want to see what kind of Baylor and TCU teams show up for their bowl games. Will they be as deflated as Bama was in the Sugar Bowl games v. Utah and Choklehoma?

Back
Top Bottom