| OT What are you guys eating on the 4th?

That would be an immediate no from me. While I don't travel a lot, when I do it's always with places to eat in mind. And I'm skinny as a rail...but definitely, a foodie.

I'm going to make some horse radish sauce for the steak...sitting here thinking about how I'm going to do this one. Too many damn decisions.
Well found a spot called clarke and lewies, they have a tiki bar in Montana with mermaids. Hotel straight outta the 70s. Good drinks and good food, first time trying corn ribs. It's something I'll be cooking in the future.

And there's another joke.
I damn sure wouldn't fly here for it but it was a decent bar, sip n dip, and decent restaurant. Didn't see too many bar flies but it was 130

Also sat beside a retired army ranger who was driving the bus for the band. His brother was a seal, love the chance meetings like that and the stories.

Met a guy last week who said he played for bama 90 to 93. Said he'd just met Saban down in Gardiner Mt and he signed a ball for him. Crazy who you run into, met a guy in Idaho who had spent a lot of time in Thomasville, my hometown, knew a lot of the same people. I've liked that as much as seeing all the new places.

Last edited:
I damn sure wouldn't fly here for it but it was a decent bar, sip n dip, and decent restaurant. Didn't see too many bar flies but it was 130

Also sat beside a retired army ranger who was driving the bus for the band. His brother was a seal, love the chance meetings like that and the stories.

Met a guy last week who said he played for bama 90 to 93. Said he'd just met Saban down in Gardiner Mt and he signed a ball for him. Crazy who you run into, met a guy in Idaho who had spent a lot of time in Thomasville, my hometown, knew a lot of the same people. I've liked that as much as seeing all the new places.
Okay...if we are going here.

One. It reminds me of meeting Darwin Holt in a bar in Mt. Pleasant. It was a Vandy game, can't remember the year, but it was PPV.

So,...I'm at the bar, watching the game, and look at the guy sitting beside me. Specifically, his ring. I recognized the ring when I saw it. "Who the fuck is this?"

"Bro? What's your name?

"Darwin."

"Per chance, is your last name Holt? "

On the other note...when we had the pub running we were about 1/2 mile from the gate to the base...I have literally, sat in a barber shop and listened to Admirals tell stories. And the ones we heard at the bar? JFC.

When I was in school, undergrad, at Bama I was an assistant mgr at Wendy's on 15th for awhile. You see a guy like Wesley Britt walk in and you thing, "damn, he's big."

Until you get in the bar business...off of a joint base...and see some of the guys. JFC. A guy that live around the corner is 6'7", prolly 275. I don' t know what he does. That tag on the window that gives him access to the base gives me a little clue.

Back
Top Bottom