| OT What are you guys eating on the 4th?

I remember my daughter spending the 4th with a friend when we lived in Florence. She called almost in a panic telling us that they were grilling pre-formed burgers and they had stripes on them. Totally freaked her out.
Bubba Burgers? When we started the alumni chapter here in Charleston our Sect/Treasurer had those all the time. They aren't too bad.

@PurlJam I love the marbling there. I've had my ribeyes marinating since last night...just pulled them out to get them to room temp before I'm going to broil them. So tender...you can literally poke your finger through the meat it's so tender right now.

Added Sticky Fingers Carolina Gold
Did you order that online...or pick it up at the restaurant? Years ago, I ate there every Sunday while reading the Sunday papers. Yeah, years ago. They opened one in Cane Bay a little while ago...haven't been to that one yet.

Pretty damn good ribs. That sauce is a winner and I'm not really a fan. BUT, and take this for what it's worth.

Carolina Gold is better. Southern Gold, better. Maurice's Southern Gold...beats them all. Hell, Duke's makes a good one.

Do anyone use apple juice mixed with vinegar to keep the meat moist? I've found that it works well for me and keeps the meat from drying out.
The ribyes are marinating in a lemon juice, olive oil mix...topped with Soy and Worcestershire sauce...a few shaved cloves of garlic, with kosher salt and ground black pepper.

We're on the same page, just after a different flavor. The citric content is what leads to the tenderness.

A couple of weeks ago I marinated a couple of pork chops in Applesauce for the night. Seared, then broiled in the oven. INCREDIBLY good flavor.

Back
Top Bottom