| FTBL Weird tweet. "Takes some unique self awareness to allow the standard to be defined by players." 6-7 last year.

...and

Big flip. Keeping Roach was a great move.

Big flip. Keeping Roach was a great move.
Roach lost him in the first place. He took a lazy ass approach to his recruitment and lost what he thought was a sure thing.

The "Peter Woods" chapter has a different context. But it's in the same book as the Coleman story.

I pointed this out, specifically, before either of these two guys committed to Auburn and Clemson. I like Freddie. Great memories. But there is no denying the fact he started resting on his laurels and the Bama name the last few years.

I'll pass.
What are things Auburn's quarterback will have a hard time saying this year?

Ya gotta admit it's funny that the same day you're talking about Auburn, cautioning us to be wary about the portal and NIL, we see a guy that committed to Auburn decommit.

I'll dive into teams a little deeper after spring camp to see what rosters look like for the fall. Off the top of my head ... when I consider their recruiting class along with last year's roster they are in the same position Bama was a few weeks ago: they need to trim the numbers. With the news kids coming in I'm pretty damn sure they are over 85: thinking they are closer to 95-100.

You should entertain the possibility that Freeze fired Cadillac and Ethridge thinking he was clearing up scholarship room.

What are things Auburn's quarterback will have a hard time saying this year?

Ya gotta admit it's funny that the same day you're talking about Auburn, cautioning us to be wary about the portal and NIL, we see a guy that committed to Auburn decommit.

I'll dive into teams a little deeper after spring camp to see what rosters look like for the fall. Off the top of my head ... when I consider their recruiting class along with last year's roster they are in the same position Bama was a few weeks ago: they need to trim the numbers. With the news kids coming in I'm pretty damn sure they are over 85: thinking they are closer to 95-100.

You should entertain the possibility that Freeze fired Cadillac and Ethridge thinking he was clearing up scholarship room.
I absolutely think 2 reasons he fired Cadillac n Ethridge

1.....gonna clear some room...and some leaving that they had committed to
2.....aint but one head boss man...look up to me or look for door
Often when change boss and keep some that wanted different boss...

Lets see how dice look after spring portal...( damn i hate portal...fall..winter..spring...anytime)....
Portal n nil ran off maybe the GOAT...of CF....

Look forward to ur analysis ....of rosters

Roach lost him in the first place. He took a lazy ass approach to his recruitment and lost what he thought was a sure thing.

The "Peter Woods" chapter has a different context. But it's in the same book as the Coleman story.

I pointed this out, specifically, before either of these two guys committed to Auburn and Clemson. I like Freddie. Great memories. But there is no denying the fact he started resting on his laurels and the Bama name the last few years.
No clue as to if thats true. He got him back, that's all that matters to me. Just need to keep him now until signing day.

No clue as to if thats true. He got him back, that's all that matters to me. Just need to keep him now until signing day.
Ok.

Freddie didn't have anything to do with Coleman coming back to the Tide. DeBoer? Yes. CKD did a good job explaining his goal for the program and where he can see Antonio fitting in with the program.

The main guy that flipped him? Wommack. Not DeBoer. Not Roach. Wommack.

Coleman was camping with Wommack when he was in ninth grade. Saraland may be, MAY BE, a 15 minute drive from South Alabama. That relationship between Kane and Antonio...going on four years.

Now. When you combine the point that AC has been a Bama fan growing up, he knows CKW really well ... things just fell into place.

I hope we see growth and development with Freddie under Wommack.

Ok.

Freddie didn't have anything to do with Coleman coming back to the Tide. DeBoer? Yes. CKD did a good job explaining his goal for the program and where he can see Antonio fitting in with the program.

The main guy that flipped him? Wommack. Not DeBoer. Not Roach. Wommack.

Coleman was camping with Wommack when he was in ninth grade. Saraland may be, MAY BE, a 15 minute drive from South Alabama. That relationship between Kane and Antonio...going on four years.

Now. When you combine the point that AC has been a Bama fan growing up, he knows CKW really well ... things just fell into place.

I hope we see growth and development with Freddie under Wommack.
I have no knowledge of the relationship between Wommack, and Coleman. Wommack deserves credit if that's the case. But to say Roach had nothing to do with it, I find hard to believe. I've been critical of Roach before, but that was usually on the field production and development stuff.... but his recruiting has never been a complaint with me. I'm with you on the development part, though. We need consistent play from that front this season.

Going back to Wommack.... him being in that Mobile area for the time he was there is going to help in recruiting these next few years. Like said in the last post, didn't know him and Coleman had known each other that long, that's great.... and hopefully it'll help with a player like Anthony Jones in the 2026 class. Already have built a strong relationship with him, and I hope it pays off.... kid is a monster of a linebacker.

I make it a practice to make things up and post them.

I pointed to this two years ago.
And I'm sure you did. But what you're saying isn't matching up to what Im seeing in his recruiting ability. He's gotten us numerous top rated players, and has/had us in the running for more. Maybe there is something going on behind the scenes with him, but to me.... it hasn't really showed that much. But, hey.....
07f88a02-2d41-4686-942e-945d56f70242_text.gif

Going back to Wommack.... him being in that Mobile area for the time he was there is going to help in recruiting these next few years. Like said in the last post, didn't know him and Coleman had known each other that long, that's great.... and hopefully it'll help with a player like Anthony Jones in the 2026 class. Already have built a strong relationship with him, and I hope it pays off.... kid is a monster of a linebacker.
Underreported part of the story here: good observation.

This reminds me of 2008 and 2009. Jeremy Pruitt was still wet behind the ears in recruiting and he was getting his ass handed to him in Mobile. Saban changed territories and put Thompson down there.

At the time Auburn, Rev Chette, and a few others had a strangle hold on the Mobile area. It ended that day until ...

Saban resigns.

After Saban announced his retirement Freeze made it a point of emphasis with the boosters, et. al., that Auburn would now take over and RULE Mobile recruiting.

And then Kane Wommack is hired.

It's important to note that while Saban divided areas up with his recruiting staff, I understand DeBoer takes a different approach. His is more about a single coach targeting a single individual. IE: Wommack may recruit a kid in Mobile and at the same time is after a kid in Wisconsin.

I don't have the full picture. But I understand it to be a lot like ESPN's recruiting model where they focus as much on need as talent. DeBoer and Morgan like the idea of having coaches focused on players versus focused on regions.

Underreported part of the story here: good observation.

This reminds me of 2008 and 2009. Jeremy Pruitt was still wet behind the ears in recruiting and he was getting his ass handed to him in Mobile. Saban changed territories and put Thompson down there.

At the time Auburn, Rev Chette, and a few others had a strangle hold on the Mobile area. It ended that day until ...

Saban resigns.

After Saban announced his retirement Freeze made it a point of emphasis with the boosters, et. al., that Auburn would now take over and RULE Mobile recruiting.

And then Kane Wommack is hired.

It's important to note that while Saban divided areas up with his recruiting staff, I understand DeBoer takes a different approach. His is more about a single coach targeting a single individual. IE: Wommack may recruit a kid in Mobile and at the same time is after a kid in Wisconsin.

I don't have the full picture. But I understand it to be a lot like ESPN's recruiting model where they focus as much on need as talent. DeBoer and Morgan like the idea of having coaches focused on players versus focused on regions.
But didnt Saban do that.....because...
His approach to recruiting...was start eary...recruit high school coaches along with POTENTIAL players.....and bring them along...

Thats what I understood...but may no be

Back
Top Bottom