| FTBL Weird tweet. "Takes some unique self awareness to allow the standard to be defined by players." 6-7 last year.

Bama defined the standard and the Barn has always wanted to be that but the cow patty cutlure is clueless on how to achieve it. They had a chance to snag Smart but their egos and lack of self awareness would not let them pull the trigger.

Now relative to the real Barn standard, they achieve that routinely.

We've heard "live up to the standard."
Now you are reading "they are defining the standard."

Should I conclude, there was no standard?

Just strange ...

The weird part to me is saying he is letting the players set the standard. Terrible leadership. A man making millions and set to run the football program outta be the one setting the standard for young men to learn from and grow into. If they were born knowing everything then no one would ever need to be taught anything and it would all be figured out.

The weird part to me is saying he is letting the players set the standard.
That was the point.

After a losing season, the decision is to allow those on the field to decide the standard of play. Based upon what? Their experience in high school? IF it isn't the six win season in '23, is it the five win season in '22? The six in '21? The six in '20?

The standard is set: it's a six win program with this group of players.
They have no identity.
Which would be the responsibility of Freeze, right? And he's passing the buck (pun intended.)

It doesn’t make sense to give them a list of goals and objectives from Freeze.
Is that a typo? Or are you saying it doesn't make sense to give them a list of goals and objectives?

He says he did but he's leaving it up to the players to establish the standard of what he suggested.

Hey, maybe I'm wrong. Given the location this looks like a different chapter of the same book. A coach saying something in the spring and by week five that's changed. (See Gus and play calling duties.)

Is that a typo? Or are you saying it doesn't make sense to give them a list of goals and objectives?

He says he did but he's leaving it up to the players to establish the standard of what he suggested.

Hey, maybe I'm wrong. Given the location this looks like a different chapter of the same book. A coach saying something in the spring and by week five that's changed. (See Gus and play calling duties.)
I’m saying that if the goals are given, there’s no buy in. They’re Freeze’s goals, not the team’s. The players need to be involved in setting up who they want to be. I’m sure there would be a lot of common goals, but they need to be “our” (the players) goals. This may be why there’s been so much inconsistency there.

I’m saying that if the goals are given, there’s no buy in. They’re Freeze’s goals, not the team’s. The players need to be involved in setting up who they want to be. I’m sure there would be a lot of common goals, but they need to be “our” (the players) goals. This may be why there’s been so much inconsistency there.
Okay. I can see that side; murkily. 🙃

It strikes me about like this...

Here's a gallon of milk.
Here's a dozen eggs.
Here's quart of vegetable oil.
Here's the cake mix.
Go.

The goal is the cake. Without the recipe ... 🤷‍♂️

Okay. I can see that side; murkily. 🙃

It strikes me about like this...

Here's a gallon of milk.
Here's a dozen eggs.
Here's quart of vegetable oil.
Here's the cake mix.
Go.

The goal is the cake. Without the recipe ... 🤷‍♂️
Versus:

Let’s make a cake. What kind of a cake should we make? Chocolate? Is chocolate the preferred flavor for everybody? How much cake should we make? Just for the players or should we make enough for the football organization (coaches, trainers, managers, support staff), the athletic department or the entire school? What kind of frosting? Do any of you have a favorite recipe? Who’s going to be responsible for mixing? Baking? Frosting? Serving? When we make this cake, I’m going to insist on a few things. 1. It needs to be at least three layers. 2. The frosting needs to be drizzled, not spread. 3. There won’t be any ornamentation - no extra decoration - cake and frosting, that’s it.

AU can now go out and buy any n all players they want. With that i see a different AU in the future. Yes they did that in past under "cloke n dagger"

We can laugh. But AU doesn't look at sustainability like we do. They are happy with short runs of success Beating Bama goes a long way.

This HC fits much like Pearl does their bball program. He is good and will get them their 1-2 years of success.

Letting inmates run prison. Ok if he thinks that will get them the added values

Back
Top Bottom