| CURRENT EVENTS Weather tomorrow...

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Staff
Alabama had (last I saw counted) 25 tornados a week ago today, though only 2 were EF-2. Tomorrow's forecast parameters are worse. Should make for an interesting afternoon... Stay safe my friends...

STP-23z.png

163383456_282514549913242_391996962356974068_n.jpg

Beautiful. Rolled into the lake a bit ago, heading to Sylacauga to get my high mileage Camry first thing tomorrow after it got a new clutch and passenger axle, and then I'm headed to Tuscaloosa to pick up my buddy and then on to Little Rock, via Memphis, to have a 50-mile hike.

I should have good downforce.

See that light pink part of Jefferson county? Yep.....that's where I am.

Thankfully I don't have to work, tomorrow. So if I get blowed away, at least it'll be from home. :geek:

A rather large, long track tornado has gone through B'ham (started in Greene County)... tracked through Helena, Pelham, Double Oak Mountain/Shoal Creek area of 280, Pell City, etc... Sounds like it has caused extensive damage. Spann reported on air that his home was hit.

Yeah, it got above I-20 starting at Moody and missed us at the lake. James Spann is the consummate professional to continue broadcasting - I'd be hightailing it home to check things out.

Spann showed a picture of his backyard. Didn't look good.

We in Alabaster/Maylene were very lucky today. The first tornado hit Helena, about five miles north of us. The second tornado is going just south of us in the Montevallo/Calera area.

Some really early reports that Brent and Centerville got hammered. Hoping those are a bit exaggerated, but if that tornado was on the ground, hard to be too optimistic. Went almost right through both towns (just a tad south of direct hits).

Some really early reports that Brent and Centerville got hammered. Hoping those are a bit exaggerated, but if that tornado was on the ground, hard to be too optimistic. Went almost right through both towns (just a tad south of direct hits).

Sounds like it was just south enough to avoid direct hits. From what I’ve seen though, still a LOT of damage.

Sorry to read this. Anything they need?

As of now, insurance has not been out to look at any of the damage. They were told over the phone that their insurance would probably not cover anything. Friends and their church life group have been coming over to help them clean up and take things to the dump. They have photos, video and the news story for evidence. As of now, they could really use gift card to Lowe's or Home Depot to be 100% transparent. Son number 1 and myself are headed down early Friday morning to help start repairs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom