| BSB/SB WCWS Thread: Bama falls to LSU—Finishes 2015-16 season at 51-14

Considering how well both pitchers did in the first meeting this year. I'm not surprised they were cautious (which might be considered lack of emotion.)

I wonder if Murphy had the chance to do it all again if he'd have changed out Lexi for one of the other two pitchers in the 7th or 8th. After those two walks, I thought Lexi looked tired. I don't mean physically, though I'm sure that was there, but more mentally.

Hate the loss. Still, a good ball game.

Just as a note here ... and part of this is me thinking out loud.

The way the tournament has gone so far...

The Tide will have to beat LSU and then the Auburn/UGA loser to get to the final four teams and then they are looking at having to beat the winner of the OU vs Michigan game—and beat them twice.

Tough, tough series of games for these ladies.

First WCWS in history where the PAC12 didn't win a single game.

Is that the same for us?

Terry, you posted a couple of weeks ago that you really wanted to see Madi Moore on the mound. You're getting your wish. It's not going too terribly well for her, but then again, the damage was done before she came in the game. Glad she's in there in this situation. She needs the experience.

Is that the same for us?

Terry, you posted a couple of weeks ago that you really wanted to see Madi Moore on the mound. You're getting your wish. It's not going too terribly well for her, but then again, the damage was done before she came in the game. Glad she's in there in this situation. She needs the experience.
Bama went winless in 2006, IIRC.

I did want Madi to see more action at the end of the regular season, and especially in the SECT. You're spot on—experience.

Anyone who did not see this coming was either not paying attention, or didn't know what to look for, or their crimson glasses were dark burgundy and they could not see.

Last edited:
Anyone who did not see this coming was either not paying attention, or didn't know what to look for, or their crimson glasses were dark burgundy and they could not see.
Welp, you and I are going to be on different sides of this fence. Pardon the analogy, but "dark burgundy glasses" fits if we're taking about thinking a QB like Avalos was going to lead Bama to ATL despite he was a fourth stringer. The idea that one should have seen a loss coming doesn't fit with what we've seen this season (with the exception of one team/game, OU, the only team to have shut Bama out this season.)

Consider:

•Going into the season Demi Turner was our starter at second base. We didn't see her until the post season after her elbow injury.
•Lexi started the season on what's basically an injured list. She was hurt last season and was still dealing with it at the beginning of this season as evidence by not having starts in the pre-season (coming out of the bullpen with limited action.)
•Littlejohn was dealing with a bad ankle coming into the season. Nowhere near 100% last year, nowhere near that this year. But, like Lexi, was able to get healthier as the season progressed.

There's one other girl that was lost for the season, pretty good bat, but for the life of me I can't recall her name. (Been that kind of night ... hell, couldn't remember where I parked ... google has its advantages.)

Murphy went with a speed, small ball approach this year. With everything these girls dealt with it didn't bother me in the slightest. Still doesn't.

What's my point? Despite all of of that look where this team found itself this past weekend. One of eight teams—out of right at 300 D1 softball programs—playing in OKC. They demonstrated that they had the ability to get it done.

I knew they could have had a good run in OKC. I still believe they could have. It just wasn't in the cards this year.

The quick exit certainly is disappointing. The season as a whole? A good one.

All I look for is a program that is competing on a national level; competing or national titles. Once again, this Tide softball team did just that. They will once again next season considering how few seniors we have on the team.

Welp, you and I are going to be on different sides of this fence. Pardon the analogy, but "dark burgundy glasses" fits if we're taking about thinking a QB like Avalos was going to lead Bama to ATL despite he was a fourth stringer. The idea that one should have seen a loss coming doesn't fit with what we've seen this season (with the exception of one team/game, OU, the only team to have shut Bama out this season.)

Consider:

•Going into the season Demi Turner was our starter at second base. We didn't see her until the post season after her elbow injury.
•Lexi started the season on what's basically an injured list. She was hurt last season and was still dealing with it at the beginning of this season as evidence by not having starts in the pre-season (coming out of the bullpen with limited action.)
•Littlejohn was dealing with a bad ankle coming into the season. Nowhere near 100% last year, nowhere near that this year. But, like Lexi, was able to get healthier as the season progressed.

There's one other girl that was lost for the season, pretty good bat, but for the life of me I can't recall her name. (Been that kind of night ... hell, couldn't remember where I parked ... google has its advantages.)

Murphy went with a speed, small ball approach this year. With everything these girls dealt with it didn't bother me in the slightest. Still doesn't.

What's my point? Despite all of of that look where this team found itself this past weekend. One of eight teams—out of right at 300 D1 softball programs—playing in OKC. They demonstrated that they had the ability to get it done.

I knew they could have had a good run in OKC. I still believe they could have. It just wasn't in the cards this year.

The quick exit certainly is disappointing. The season as a whole? A good one.

All I look for is a program that is competing on a national level; competing or national titles. Once again, this Tide softball team did just that. They will once again next season considering how few seniors we have on the team.

Agree with everything you said. I was speaking to the ones who were expecting Bama to play in the final round. They were not at that level this year because of the reasons you gave and at least one other huge reason which I will not name because it requires naming a name.

at least one other huge reason which I will not name because it requires naming a name.
That's your call. Every critique I've seen from you has been honest, well reasoned, and respectful.

There's really only one thing that pissed me off yesterday; the blooper just over 2nd that Dare didn't show much effort to field. I was glad to see Murph "get in her face" about that. By all appearances it worked considering her diving catch an inning or two later.

Back
Top Bottom