| BSB/SB WCWS Thread: Bama falls to LSU—Finishes 2015-16 season at 51-14

THIS WEEK
2016 WOMEN'S COLLEGE WORLD SERIES
  • Oklahoma City, Okla. - ASA Hall of Fame Stadium
  • Thursday, June 2 vs. Oklahoma - 6 p.m. CT (ESPN2)
*winner will play the winner of Thursday’s LSU/Michigan game on Friday, June 3 at 8:30 p.m. CT*

FOLLOWING THE TIDE
  • Video: ESPN2*
  • Radio: 95.3 FM / 953thebear.com
  • Live Stats: rolltide.com
  • Twitter: @AlabamaSB
* = games past Thursday TBD

SCOUTING ALABAMA (51-12)
  • Alabama will head to its 11th Women’s College World Series this week, including a streak of three straight appearances and five over the last six seasons. The 11 appearances are the most for any SEC team.
  • The Crimson Tide has now won nine of the 12 Super Regional rounds it has appeared in, including eight of the nine played in Tuscaloosa. The series sweep over Washington is the seventh for Alabama in Super Regional play.
  • Alabama now owns an 86-36 (.705) all-time record in NCAA Tournament play, including a 19-8 (.704) record in Super Regionals.
  • Friday’s win marked the 50th of the season for Alabama. This year is the 12th 50-win season for the Crimson Tide and its 10th in the last 12 seasons.
  • In five games at the NCAA Tournament, Alabama pitching has allowed just four runs, three earned, over 36.0 innings with 52 strikeouts (1.44 K/IP). No opponent has scored more than two runs, including two shutouts.
  • The Alabama offense sports a .326 postseason batting average, with opponents hitting .197. Alabama also holds significant advantages in runs (21-4), hits (42-25) home runs (5-0) and RBIs (19-3).

ALABAMA VS. THE OPPONENTS
41-18 vs. Georgia
  • Current Streak: Georgia 1
  • First Meeting: April 27, 1997 - W, 4-0 - Athens, Ga.
  • Last Meeting: May 8, 2016 - L, 5-9 - Tuscaloosa, Ala.

6-10 vs. Michigan
  • Current Streak: Michigan 3
  • First Meeting: March 4, 1997 - L, 3-4 - Tuscaloosa, Ala.
  • Last Meeting: May 28, 2015 - L, 0-5 - Oklahoma City, Okla. (WCWS)

9-5 vs. Oklahoma
  • Current Streak: Oklahoma 1
  • First Meeting: Feb. 15, 1997 - L, 12-0 (6) - Oklahoma City, Okla.
  • Last Meeting: March 19, 2016 - L, 0-2 - Fullerton, Calif.

45-18 vs. Auburn
  • Current Streak: Auburn 3
  • First Meeting: April 2, 1997 - L, 0-1 (9) - Tuscaloosa, Ala.
  • Last Meeting: May 13, 2016 - L, 4-6 - Starkville, Miss.

0-9 vs. UCLA
  • Current Streak: UCLA 9
  • First Meeting: March 12, 1999 - L, 0-1 - Chattanooga, Tenn.
  • Last Meeting: Feb. 20, 2009 - L, 1-4 - Palm Springs, Calif.

33-41 vs. LSU
  • Current Streak: LSU 1
  • First Meeting: March 9, 1997 - W, 4-1 - Atlanta, Ga.
  • Last Meeting: March 13, 2016 - L, 1-8 - Baton Rouge, La.

5-3 vs. Florida State
  • Current Streak: Florida State 1
  • First Meeting: May 1, 1997 - L, 0-2 - Tuscaloosa, Ala.
  • Last Meeting: March 2, 2014 - L, 1-5 - Tuscaloosa, Ala.

LAST TIME OUT: NCAA SUPER REGIONAL
  • Game One: Alabama 2, Washington 1 (8 Inn.) - Alabama needed eight innings to finish its opening game at the 2016 NCAA Super Regional round against Washington, with Demi Turner hitting a walk-off RBI single to cap the 2-1 win. Turner drove in both of the team’s runs with a bases-loaded walk in the fourth and the infield RBI single in the eighth. Tide starter Alexis Osorio threw a career-high 156 pitches in the eight-inning victory, fanning 13 batters with just one unearned run allowed on four hits.
  • Game Two: Alabama 5, Washington 2 - Three of Alabama’s five runs came off the bat of Reagan Dykes, who it a three-run home run in the third inning to give the Tide the first lead of the game. Demi Turner and Andrea Hawkins each went 2-3 batting back-to-back in sixth and seventh, scoring one run each. Alabama starter Sydney Littlejohn pitched 2.1 innings in the start while reliever Alexis Osorio threw 4.2 shutout relief innings behind her to earn the win, her fourth of the NCAA Tournament.

ALABAMA AT THE WOMEN'S COLLEGE WORLD SERIES
  • This season marks Alabama’s 11th trip to the Women’s College World Series. The Crimson Tide have made more appearances than any other SEC team, with Florida and Tennessee in second place with seven each.
  • This marks the third trip to Oklahoma City for Alabama’s senior and junior classes. The three appearances equals or surpasses the entire program totals for eight other SEC teams, including 2016 participants Georgia (3) and Auburn (2).
  • Alabama’s first appearance came in 1999, just its third season in existence. The Tide would earn two wins for the first time in 2008 and have since won at least two games in five of the last six appearances, including a national title in 2012.
  • Alabama has made 11 WCWS appearances in 20 seasons of softball, a total of 55 percent of its program history. Since the NCAA began the WCWS in 1982, only two other schools have qualified for a higher percentage: UCLA (76.5 percent, 26/34) and Arizona (64.7 percent, 22/34).

INDIVIDUAL NOTES
  • Alexis Osorio went 2-0 in the circle against Washington, allowing just one unearned run over 12.2 innings with 21 strikeouts. She has yet to allow an earned run in the NCAA Tournament, owning a 4-0 record over 29.1 innings with 49 strikeouts.
  • Demi Turner went 3-5 over two starts, including a pair of key RBIs in Friday’s walk-off win. A bases-loaded walk in the fourth inning tied the game and an RBI single in the eighth scored the game-winning run in the 2-1 victory. Over Alabama’s five NCAA Tournament games, Turner is hitting a team-leading .545 (6-11) with three runs scored, two RBIs and two stolen bases.
  • Reagan Dykes got the scoring started in game two with a three-run home run, her first long ball since April 24 and her 12th of the year. She is now tied with former player and current pitching coach Stephanie VanBrakle for the third-most home runs by a Tide freshman and is one away from tying Jaclyn Traina for second place on that list.

Maybe we get lucky and don't have to deal with seeing that freakin' box every pitch. But, I doubt it.

Pisses me off because I don't want all that BS on the screen.

2.PNG

UGA with a 5-4 win over FSU puts the 'dawgs in the winners bracket, the 'noles fall to the elimination bracket.

Seven errors on FSU today. Seven. :smh:

UCLA looked terrible earlier.

We're getting slammed with rain today in Dallas. Looks like that line of storms is almost east of OKC, so should be starting up soon. Gonna be watching some NBA finals too.

Maybe we get lucky and don't have to deal with seeing that freakin' box every pitch. But, I doubt it.

Pisses me off because I don't want all that BS on the screen.

View attachment 5760

Going back to this little bitch-fest of mine. I couldn't tell you how many times that little box was just wrong last night. That setting aside the times I thought the call from 'blue' was questionable, at best.

Back
Top Bottom