| BSB/SB WCWS Thread: Bama falls to LSU—Finishes 2015-16 season at 51-14

I don't mind the SEC game being played in Atlanta because of the dome, just seems every year Oklahoma has bad weather
I got what you were saying and happened to be thinking about the same thing last night. Along with that thought I remembered hearing so many SEC fans complain about Hoover and the supposed Bama advantage with it being in state (and our supposed control over the SEC.)

I've laughed at different fan bases, LSU as one example, asking where the advantage has been for Bama. Then it dawned on me ... complaining about one while defending another?!?! Maybe moving out of Hoover isn't a bad idea ... as long as the conference doesn't make the mistakes we saw the ACC do with their football championship.

All of the fans seem to love it in Hoover from what they tell me, I have heard Nashville is in the lead but who knows until later today. I guess it will add about 5 hours drive to most everyone if Nashville does get it.

Even with the SEC being in Hoover the Mississippi State fans and LSU fans had the most in attendance during the tournament it seemed

All of the fans seem to love it in Hoover from what they tell me, I have heard Nashville is in the lead but who knows until later today. I guess it will add about 5 hours drive to most everyone if Nashville does get it.
Nashville makes sense to me as long as it isn't at Vandy. I don't know anything about other faciities in the area. I'm sure there are some.

Not to be outdone ...

By my count, UCLA has hit four batters, given up five free passes to first base, and has left Auburn with five runs scored off of one hit.

Meyers has taught them how to get away with turning or leaning into the ball. I thought in the Super Regional, the Arizona pitcher, O'Toole, was going to stick one in an ear. She was pissed!

Meyers has taught them how to get away with turning or leaning into the ball. I thought in the Super Regional, the Arizona pitcher, O'Toole, was going to stick one in an ear. She was pissed!

I've seen that suggested but no one saying it wasn't with how the umps call the game. While I had the game on TV, most of my attention for following the action was on a daisy chained monitor with Tweetdeck.

Only complaints I heard came from USCe fans!! Parking would probably have been my biggest concern with the others cities that were up for consideration. I love having the opportunity to drive an hour up the road to catch a good college game.

I've seen that suggested but no one saying it wasn't with how the umps call the game. While I had the game on TV, most of my attention for following the action was on a daisy chained monitor with Tweetdeck.

I did not see the first inning of the UCLA game, but assumed that was the case because I did watch the final two games in the barn-AZ Super Regional. No question they were moving into the ball in those two games. It appeared that O'Toole finally plunked one of them intentionally because the barn brat threw her bat down and glared out at O'Toole while going to first base.

I came away with the feeling I'd watched a good game last night. It's a personal preference that I love small ball. But, it'll certainly rip your heart out seeing so, so many kids left on base.

That's been coming back to bite this team throughout the later part of this season.

It should be a pretty closely fought game against LSU today.

Our hitting is not good

Observation. Don't know whether to blame the coach or the players but I see a lot of going through the motions at the plate. No intensity. Business instead of a game. Oh, they want to hit the ball, just as you want to do your job when you go to work.

The only time I saw a Bama player go to the plate with their eyes saying, "let me up there, I'm going to hit this damn ball, I'm going to get a hit!" was Andrea Hawkins in the seventh. She doubled down the right field line. One of only four Bama hits.

Likewise, Oklahoma seems to have the same problem with many of their players, which is probably why the game was scoreless for 7 1/2 innings. The only OU player I saw with the above intensity was Knighten. When she singled in the sixth and homered in the eighth. Went to the plate with fire in her eyes both times. Got TWO of ONLY three OU hits.

Back
Top Bottom