| CURRENT EVENTS Wall to Wall: Russia, Russia, Russia. This Ukraine mess, what's your feelings on the matter?

We are headed to a peaceful resolution now that #BoycottMcDonalds is getting its legs. :ROFLMAO:

FNFzNBLX0AIZClz

Important to the "white, Anglo-Saxon, pro-European part of the world" seems more apropos. I find "border security" and the "natural resources" argument hollow, at best, considering its limited scope.
Perhaps, hard not to see the value in keeping Ukraine under Russian power.

I'm not a fan of these yatchs being seized at all. I don't think the sanctions are going to help. BP writing off a significant loss was probably due to something else, but they sure seized the moment.

Gas prices are up 40 cents in a week. Glad the administration is focused on transgender bullshit. Fuck Biden.

I'm hesitant to criticize those elected in other states because I had nothing to do with putting them in office. Graham I have to claim because it was a vote for him or Jaime Harrison.
I am an equal opportunity complainer. They all suck right now, the ones I voted for or against and the ones I couldn't. The primary concern for the vast majority is lining their own pockets and getting reelected.

Cancel culture in full swing.
I can't call it cancel culture. I'd call it hiding the truth. While I haven't watched that doc I'd assume it's based on the release of the CIA docs covering 2014 and Ukraine.

"We don't want people to know that in 2014 it was the goal of the US government to destabilize the region and leave different factions fighting each other in the hopes it weakens Russia."

From what I see it's that script all over again.

Important to the "white, Anglo-Saxon, pro-European part of the world" seems more apropos. I find "border security" and the "natural resources" argument hollow, at best, considering its limited scope.
So do you think if China invades Taiwan it will only matter to the “yellow asiatic pro-Asian part of the world”? You could have just easily said the parts of the world that care about democracy and freedom. I simply don’t understand why you had to make it an issue of race and heritage.

So do you think if China invades Taiwan it will only matter to the “yellow asiatic pro-Asian part of the world”? You could have just easily said the parts of the world that care about democracy and freedom. I simply don’t understand why you had to make it an issue of race and heritage.
Let's talk Saudi Arabia and Yemen. Where's the outrage there? It's the middle east versus a European country. Where's the distinction between "invading a border, killing innocent civilians?"

Let's talk Saudi Arabia and Yemen. Where's the outrage there? It's the middle east versus a European country. Where's the distinction between "invading a border, killing innocent civilians?"
Why is there a difference? Because Americans like me have finally conceded we can’t make a difference in the Middle East. The culture and religious differences proved too much to overcome in a few years without having total control of just about every aspect of government and civilian life for an extended period of time. It would have taken a very long occupation on the order of Japan following WWII to see long term results. So, we know our government and at least half of our people are not willing to do what it would take in making a difference in that part of the world. And due to that fact, the other half of us refuse to lose our young warriors in hopeless causes anymore. It has zero to do with race or ethnicity or anything like it. To say otherwise is just plain wrong. My heart was broken over how Sadam on the one hand and the Taliban on the other treated the citizens of Iraq and Afghanistan. I supported our involvement wholeheartedly until I saw how weak of a resolve our nation’s government and half of its people were showing. Once I saw we haven’t changed since abandoning South Vietnam, I wanted our warriors out. Victory in that war was certainly close at hand (the Tet Offensive had effectively destroyed the Viet Cong and the unrestricted bombings of the North had shown its effectiveness but only if we had the resolve to finish the job. Of course, like Japan, it would require a long term commitment to occupation for true change to take root.

Gas in a few days has increased 3.71 to 3.99 for 87 octane.

I love that we're ok buying gas from other countries while sitting on a massive amount of oil. But hey, let's build other countries...

Same for solar power, China gets to pollute the world while making money on solar panel sales. They're doubledipping.

Unbelievable. The media has protected this dipshit POTUS.

Last edited:
Unbelievable. The media has protected this dipshit POTUS.
According to them this is the Putin Gas Hike and Biden can't do anything about it. These are the same folks who told us that electric cars are better for poor people, as if poor folks can afford $30k+ cars and $1000 or more charger installations (assuming they don't live in rentals and can actually get it installed).

Were a Republican in office the media would be screaming about how gas prices and overall inflation was hurting poor black families the most.

Yup, California has been influencing gas prices via electic vehicles for a decade.

Gas went from 3.38 to 3.99 in a little over 7 days here. What's not being discussed is the increase from 2.19 to 3.38 in 2021. But yeah, blame that on Russia.

I log every gas fill-up, have for over a decade.

Voters need to wake up.

What's not being discussed is the increase from 2.19 to 3.38 in 2021.
All in the plan to force everyone to stop using gasoline. Funny enough, Tesla and I think GM electrics no longer qualify for the tax benefits and those benefits are only useful if you actually pay taxes since they are not refundable. Up to $7500 but to get all of it means you must be making north of $100K a year (of course dependant on how many you claim and your deductions).

Why is there a difference? Because Americans like me have finally conceded we can’t make a difference in the Middle East. The culture and religious differences proved too much to overcome in a few years without having total control of just about every aspect of government and civilian life for an extended period of time. It would have taken a very long occupation on the order of Japan following WWII to see long term results. So, we know our government and at least half of our people are not willing to do what it would take in making a difference in that part of the world. And due to that fact, the other half of us refuse to lose our young warriors in hopeless causes anymore. It has zero to do with race or ethnicity or anything like it. To say otherwise is just plain wrong. My heart was broken over how Sadam on the one hand and the Taliban on the other treated the citizens of Iraq and Afghanistan. I supported our involvement wholeheartedly until I saw how weak of a resolve our nation’s government and half of its people were showing. Once I saw we haven’t changed since abandoning South Vietnam, I wanted our warriors out. Victory in that war was certainly close at hand (the Tet Offensive had effectively destroyed the Viet Cong and the unrestricted bombings of the North had shown its effectiveness but only if we had the resolve to finish the job. Of course, like Japan, it would require a long term commitment to occupation for true change to take root.
None of our business. That is the only acceptable answer on every action after WW2.

We are not the world's police. On the other hand, our economy relies on other countries so much that we have to decide at times what we will and will not get involved in. It is too late to close up shop and take everything in house now without giving the feds control of everything so the America First ship has sailed. That being said, getting involved in this militarily is a mistake. The Cold War is back on. We can arm and train the rebels but we can't go in directly. As the father of a son in the military right now who has already served a tour in FOB Fenty, I definitely want us to stay out directly.

What idiots are in power now. Charge your Tesla and the power is produced most of the time with natural gas or coal. Drive 350 miles and do it again. ICE vehicles are here for a long time. Just the availability of gas vs electric means more.

Back
Top Bottom