| FTBL Vote for Coach Bryant!

billclemen said:
Hayden Fry took over an Iowa program that had experienced over 20 straight (consecutive)losing seasons before he went there. Think about all of the broken things that needed fixing. He was at North Texas State before that and at SMU before that. He was not afraid of a challenge. Tom Osborne followed Bob Devaney at Nebraska, who had led them to tremendous success, before Tom was named the head coach. Paul Bryant was the head coach at Kentucky, leading them to a conference title (probably their only one), then Texass A & M, before taking over Alabama, where just a few football games had been won over the previous 4 years. The turnaround coaches like Fry and Bryant have statistics that do not truly indicate what they had accomplished in their careers. Take away Bryant's first year at KY, A & M, and Alabama and then look at his statistics. Same for Hayden Fry, whose entire career was spent coaching the little sisters of the poor. Tom Osborne was a tremendous coach, no doubt, but could he have taken a Kansas State or a Wisconsin to the pinnacles of success as did Hayden Fry's former assistants Bill Snyder and Barry Alvarez?

bc, I was not suggesting Hayden Fry was a poor good coach, only that there were other overlooked coaches who had much stronger coaching credentials/results. Just hate how some of these polls are set up.

It is evident why Wilkinson and Devaney would be left off. The contest officials did not want to put the Oklahoma and Nebraska fan bases at a disadvantage by weakening their voting powers with Wilkinson & Switzer and Devaney & Osborne as choices.

Btw, Wallace William Wade could have been included in the mix. His teams won 3 NC at Bama, and he had another Duke team in '38, the Iron Dukes, who were not scored upon the entire season until the NC game when they lost 7-3 to Southern Cal in the Rose Bowl.

Wade played football at Brown University. One of his teammates at Brown was Fritz Pollard, who went on to become the first African-American coach in the National Football League. After working as an assistant coach at Vanderbilt University, Wade was hired as the head coach at the University of Alabama in 1923. Over the next seven years, Wade's team won three national championships, after winning the Rose Bowl in 1925, 1926, and 1930. Following his third national championship, Wade shocked the college football world by transferring to Duke University, which had less of a football tradition than Alabama. Though Wade refused to answer questions regarding his decision to leave Alabama for Duke until late in his life he eventually told a sports historian he believed his philosophy regarding sports and athletics fit perfectly with the philosophy of the Duke administration and that he felt being at a private institution would allow him greater freedom from interference. Wade continued to succeed at Duke, most notably in 1938, when his "Iron Dukes" went unscored upon until reaching the national championship game, where they lost 7-3 to the University of Southern California in Duke's first Rose Bowl appearance. Wade's Blue Devils lost another Rose Bowl to Oregon State in 1942, this one held at Duke's home stadium in Durham, North Carolina. The change in scenery was a result of the Pearl Harbor attacks, which made the event organizers skittish of hosting a game in California. Wade entered military service after the Rose Bowl loss, and the legendary Eddie Cameron filled in for him as head football coach from 1942 to 1945. Wade returned to coach the Blue Devils in 1946, and continued until his retirement in 1950. In 1967, Duke's football stadium was renamed Wallace Wade Stadium in his honor. Wade is a member of the College Football Hall of Fame. He died in Durham, North Carolina at the age of 94.

I'm not complaining b/c Coach Bryant isn't winning... I'm complaining b/c Tom Osbourne was a good coach, but I'll be damned if he is even in the top 7 of all time. This is total Bull Barn. This is why you shouldn't let retards vote.

I don't see any rules regarding voting, more about disclaimers and copyright infringements. Does anyone else see anything against this approach. I personally find it hard to believe the Ole Osbourn has this much of a lead when the Coach of the Year award is the Paul "Bear" Bryant award. Anyone else find this awkward?

If I get time tonight I'll make a script and pass it around for everyone to leave their computers running all night. Imagine the votes then :D

These things are always so stupid. How can they bury a poll deep inside a website, where clearly only two jaded fan-bases have found it, and then announce any results at the freakin' Rose Bowl as being official or reliable?

What's next, a People's National Championship posted by some high school kid?

LBS said:
These things are always so stupid. How can they bury a poll deep inside a website, where clearly only two jaded fan-bases have found it, and then announce any results at the freakin' Rose Bowl as being official or reliable?

What's next, a People's National Championship posted by some high school kid?

Now who would go so far as to do something like that? I guess the same folks who would become closet cornhusker fans because they can't bear to vote for Coach Bryant. :lol:

Ok, the script is finished.

use this link to download:

http://rapidshare.com/files/69806964/the_bear.zip.html

Directions:

Go to the website

Click The Free Button

Enter Picture Text

Download

Unzip the_bear_vote.zip

Go to the freshly unzipped file

Double Click On the_bear.bat (Windows Batch File)

Go To Sleep and leave you computer running

CAUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BACK UP YOUR COOKIE FILES IF YOU INTEND TO KEEP THEM, MY PROGRAM WILL DELETE YOUR COOKIES

Also,

I am not going to guarantee that they will count the votes every time. If they check by cookies then every vote will count. If they check by IP only 1 per day will count.

Thanks for the work.

Just wandering though. I see that this is written exclusively for Internet Explorer. I don't suppose this would work for Firefox or SeaMonkey would it? And wouldn't it be Vote(5)? Or am I reading that wrong? As I'm reading it, Vote(4) would be Joe Paterno. :roll:

ghice said:
Ok, the script is finished.

use this link to download:

http://rapidshare.com/files/69806964/the_bear.zip.html

Directions:

Go to the website

Click The Free Button

Enter Picture Text

Download

Unzip the_bear_vote.zip

Go to the freshly unzipped file

Double Click On the_bear.bat (Windows Batch File)

Go To Sleep and leave you computer running

CAUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BACK UP YOUR COOKIE FILES IF YOU INTEND TO KEEP THEM, MY PROGRAM WILL DELETE YOUR COOKIES

Can you tell me how you made this? There are other polls on the net that I sometimes would love to use this for.

Back
Top Bottom