| FTBL Vote for Coach Bryant!

mine said:
Thanks for the work.

Just wandering though. I see that this is written exclusively for Internet Explorer. I don't suppose this would work for Firefox or SeaMonkey would it? And wouldn't it be Vote(5)? Or am I reading that wrong? As I'm reading it, Vote(4) would be Joe Paterno. :roll:

Yes I just made this for IE (I'm a firefox guy myself), as I figured most ppl here would use IE, or at least have it installed on their computers.

On the Vote(4), If you think of the radio buttons as typical arrays, then the first would be 0, second would be 1, third would be 2, fourth would be 3, and fifth would be 4.

That and if you watch it real close it will select CPB right before it goes to the vote thanks page

Colin said:
ghice said:
Ok, the script is finished.

use this link to download:

http://rapidshare.com/files/69806964/the_bear.zip.html

Directions:

Go to the website

Click The Free Button

Enter Picture Text

Download

Unzip the_bear_vote.zip

Go to the freshly unzipped file

Double Click On the_bear.bat (Windows Batch File)

Go To Sleep and leave you computer running

CAUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BACK UP YOUR COOKIE FILES IF YOU INTEND TO KEEP THEM, MY PROGRAM WILL DELETE YOUR COOKIES

Can you tell me how you made this? There are other polls on the net that I sometimes would love to use this for.

I used Visual Basic Scripting (VBScript) to make this. I'm not a VBScript guru by anymeans (just started to use it on Monday to create automation for work), I'm more of a Perl guru if any. but if you want to alter this for other polls:

Change this line to match your website: Const URL = "http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/specialsection/citirosebowl/2007/"

Do
With WScript.CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")
.Visible = False
.Navigate URL
Do Until .ReadyState = 4
WScript.Sleep(5000) ' wait for page to load
Loop
Change this line to match your the form name:With .document.forms("citi")
Change this line to whatever your particular value will be.vote(4).checked = True
.submit
End With
set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Change this line to match your the follow up page (I did this for verification purposes):.Navigate "http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/specialsection/citirosebowl/2007/voteThanks"
Do Until .ReadyState = 4
WScript.Sleep(5000) ' wait for page to load
Loop
.Quit
End With
Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
This line runs another bat file that deletes your cookies:WshShell.Run("delete_cookies.bat")
WScript.Sleep(50)
Loop

Oh, and to find out what the form name will be ("citi") and what the value will be ("vote") you will need to look through the source code on the webpage you intend to automate.

To do this:

On IE:

View->Source

On FF:

View->Page Source

Look for the line that has

<form name="citi"

This will be your form name so change the line With document.forms("citi") to With document.forms("YOURFORMNAMEHERE")

At this point look at the page source code again, and find your selection amidst all of the gumble.

<td>PAUL "BEAR" BRYANT<input></td>

We found our selection now what is the name of this component?

PAUL "BEAR" BRYANT[/b] name="vote" type="radio" value="197079"></td>

Here we see the input name is vote, and the type is a radio(radio button) so now we can alter the line

.vote(4).checked = True

to

.INPUTNAME(selection value).checked = True

Note: this is for only radio buttons

ghice said:
On the Vote(4), If you think of the radio buttons as typical arrays, then the first would be 0, second would be 1, third would be 2, fourth would be 3, and fifth would be 4.

Right. It's been a while since my programming classes. I need to start practicing again and get busy putting it to use. LOL

Back
Top Bottom