| FTBL Vandy game upset!

bamarama007 said:
Lets be honest, we are un proven with the changes we have made, and Vandy has a good shot at being th orite tis game...........what IF they upset us?

Then they do, and we move on. Vandy, Ole Miss, and Houston are all teams that could beat us this season, and it wouldn't totally shock me (not all 3, but one of them).

Not that I want to lose to Vandy, but I'd rather lose early, learn and grow than stay stagnant or decline as the year progresses. Our best game last year was probably the Hawaii game. :?

I want to be a different team come late October/ November, and I feel pretty sure Coach Saban would concur.

I'm sick of this Vandy crap! Why does everybody think we're gonna get upset? Lets have some faith in the Bama boys. Lets at least watch them play Saturday before we start adding losses to our record.

Our problem in the SEC is that from top to bottom we really have mostly great teams and we may end up knocking each other off, sooooo, if any SEC team goes undefeated they deserve a shot at the national title

tidenumber1 said:
How close to Nashville is Smyrna, TN? :roll:

Very close. I work in LaVergne, which is the town between Nashville and Smyrna. Smyrna HS was Class 5A State Champions last season and based on the preview I read the other day, they are expected to repeat.

What in the hell does Vandy have that scares all of you? Nicson? Goff? oh yeah thats right they have 1 decent reciever. Vandy has no rushing attack, they have a horrible O-line, defense got little pressure on QBs last season, and their QB is a mirror image of Chris "I'm scared" Leak.

CALM DOWN! It is still Vanderbilt and I do wish them well I just don't see them beating us or any other mediocre SEC team.

Hero said:
What in the hell does Vandy have that scares all of you? Nicson? Goff? oh yeah thats right they have 1 decent reciever. Vandy has no rushing attack, they have a horrible O-line, defense got little pressure on QBs last season, and their QB is a mirror image of Chris "I'm scared" Leak.

CALM DOWN! It is still Vanderbilt and I do wish them well I just don't see them beating us or any other mediocre SEC team.

I think everyone is scared that the team will overlook Vandy because it's Vandy, and let them pull the upset. While they are still Vandy, they are not the historic Vandy that was always an automatic win. They have got some talent, and a good coach IMO. They are the type of team that , if overlooked and allowed to pick up some momentum, could pull off an upset. However, I have been a fan of Coach Saban's since he was at Michigan State, and it's hard for me to believe that he is going to allow the team to overlook any opponent from Western Carolina to LSU. While I see why people worry about Vandy, I have a feeling that Coach Saban and his staff will take them as seriously when it comes to preparation as he would if we were playing USC. JMO

Wiseace615 said:
Hero said:

I think everyone is scared that the team will overlook Vandy because it's Vandy, and let them pull the upset. While they are still Vandy, they are not the historic Vandy that was always an automatic win. They have got some talent, and a good coach IMO. They are the type of team that , if overlooked and allowed to pick up some momentum, could pull off an upset. However, I have been a fan of Coach Saban's since he was at Michigan State, and it's hard for me to believe that he is going to allow the team to overlook any opponent from Western Carolina to LSU. While I see why people worry about Vandy, I have a feeling that Coach Saban and his staff will take them as seriously when it comes to preparation as he would if we were playing USC. JMO

I agree, too. No one needs to take Vandy for granted this year.

I think 9/8 will be an important day for both teams. The first true test, if you will. I live in Nashville so I root for Vandy most of the time - 'cept against Bama, of course. I'm hoping this will be a 6-5 year for them.

We'll see. I do think they have it in them to pull an upset on someone - remember they managed to beat Tennessee in '05. Just as long as they don't beat UA!

RTR

:shock: they are everywhere :shock: gunning for us :shock: out the depths of a swamp :shock: to the plains :shock: lurking in the shadows as a bottom teir SEC team :shock: they want them some Tide :shock:

I reckon we'll givem all they want and them some :lol:

Back
Top Bottom