| FTBL Vandy game upset!

remember, we beat Vandy last year by 3 in our own yard and they have most of their starters returning, we have some displinary problems, and an unproven defense in the second game of the season under a new coaching staff, we are in a very difficult situation.

bamarama007 said:
remember, we beat Vandy last year by 3 in our own yard and they have most of their starters returning, we have some displinary problems, and an unproven defense in the second game of the season under a new coaching staff, we are in a very difficult situation.
Remember we got beat by Mississippi State , went to the wire with Duke damn near, and remember after all that we went out and got us a coach.

We don't have an unproven defense we have a problem with depth at defense we have several proven players at defense. We have an Oline that is intact and much more experienced. I'm not buying into the hype from the talking heads we aren't a bottom teir team of the SEC this year. We'll beat who we are suppose to beat and have some good games with most others.

we are not a bottom tier team and I never said otherwise, but, Vandy has a very good chance of going bowling this year and they always played us tough, and the expectations are high at Vandy this year and I think they are going to give us fits, I just hope we leave Nashville with a win. It would be good ground work for a fantastic season

i think we need to stop looking at what other teams have, (like vandy, arkansas, etc. etc.) and start looking at what BAMA has.

offense:
i personally have no worries here. o-line is in tact and ready to wip some arce, solid qb, great core of recievers, and a nice little stable of running backs. oh yeah, a new off. coordinator who is going to be fun to watch. i think we will be ok here.

defense:
maybe a little thin, but like it was stated above, we have some talent on defense. i really think that if we can get some quality guys behind the ones, we will be ok. but i look for gilberry, p. hall (when he gets back) and simeon to really shine this year on the defensive side of the ball. plus saban is a defensive mastermind.

special teams:
one word.........ARENAS!! :lol:

i really just think the bama faithful needs to relax just a little bit. its always fun to predict the seasons wins and loses, but nobody really knows. like it was stated above, dont listen to all the talking heads out there. lets just not start chalking up loses before the first kickoff.

relax and have some faith in that expensive coach we've got. :D and lets play some damn football already!! RTR

Kinda feel bad for posting anything about Vandy, I thought this forum was to discuss our Bama football program and its trials and errors, accomplishments and letdowns , whats wrong with that?

reger60 said:
tidenumber1 said:
How close to Nashville is Smyrna, TN? :roll:

Very close. I work in LaVergne, which is the town between Nashville and Smyrna. Smyrna HS was Class 5A State Champions last season and based on the preview I read the other day, they are expected to repeat.

Do you think Smyrna HS could beat Vandy?

bamafan said:
i think we need to stop looking at what other teams have, (like vandy, arkansas, etc. etc.) and start looking at what BAMA has.

offense:
i personally have no worries here. o-line is in tact and ready to wip some arce, solid qb, great core of recievers, and a nice little stable of running backs. oh yeah, a new off. coordinator who is going to be fun to watch. i think we will be ok here.

defense:
maybe a little thin, but like it was stated above, we have some talent on defense. i really think that if we can get some quality guys behind the ones, we will be ok. but i look for gilberry, p. hall (when he gets back) and simeon to really shine this year on the defensive side of the ball. plus saban is a defensive mastermind.

special teams:
one word.........ARENAS!! :lol:

i really just think the bama faithful needs to relax just a little bit. its always fun to predict the seasons wins and loses, but nobody really knows. like it was stated above, dont listen to all the talking heads out there. lets just not start chalking up loses before the first kickoff.

relax and have some faith in that expensive coach we've got. :D and lets play some damn football already!! RTR

Nice post, Bamafan, and I really like your optimism, but after listening to Barry Krauss talk about the team after he had had an opportunity to observe practice, I am now trying to keep my expectations for this season in check.

It sounded like BK was calling for patience from the BamaNation this season. It may take a little longer than we like to get this program back to where the Bama faithful wants it to be.

BK did have nothing but praise for Coach Saban, though.

Back
Top Bottom