| TV/MOVIES/MUSIC Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets - 7/21/2017

I just saw the trailer in 3D last night when I went to see Guardians of the Galaxy vol.2. At first for a while I wasn't too sure if I wanted to see this. Now that I've seen it in 3D, it made must see list.

I just saw the trailer in 3D last night when I went to see Guardians of the Galaxy vol.2. At first for a while I wasn't too sure if I wanted to see this. Now that I've seen it in 3D, it made must see list.

Interesting, the director alone makes me want to watch it. With regards to 3D, I don't waste my money on fake 3D.

Very few movies use 3d well at all. Matter of fact, the only one I have seen that I really thought was done OK was The Force Awakens. It was a lot more subtle there than in most movies, so it fit pretty well. But even then it was a headache in high action scenes. Not worth it overall.

Interesting, the director alone makes me want to watch it. With regards to 3D, I don't waste my money on fake 3D.

The director is good,I agree. I like pretty much all of his movies. I think it was just the kind of movie that it initially looks like. I think I was kinda turned off that it looks like a cross between The Fifth Element and the Star Wars prequels (Corescant planet city for one). Plus the lead actors don't seem to impress me...so far.

The only director I can think of that I don't have to think twice about seeing his films is Spielberg.

From the looks of the trailer,so much of this is CGI. With that the 3D is pretty much native. Most of the 3D movies do tick me off as they were clearly filmed in 2D and converted as they have focusing issues in close up dialog scenes. I wish more films were shot entirely with 3D cameras.

Back
Top Bottom