| RECRUIT Us vs Uga

Kirby hasn't dealt with as much ANTI-Recruiting as Bama has in recent years. That will change, people will make it more an emphasis to recruit against UGA and start swirling rumors that will cause issues for their recruiting in the next few years. Also, as more success comes, more staff turnover is likely and as we've seen it's not always possible to reload on the staff.

Kirby hasn't dealt with as much ANTI-Recruiting as Bama has in recent years. That will change, people will make it more an emphasis to recruit against UGA and start swirling rumors that will cause issues for their recruiting in the next few years. Also, as more success comes, more staff turnover is likely and as we've seen it's not always possible to reload on the staff.
All of this will happen but Smart learned from the GOAT. He will sustain. Bama will have to bring them down. No one else will be able to do it.

All of this will happen but Smart learned from the GOAT. He will sustain. Bama will have to bring them down. No one else will be able to do it.

Come on, you have to be The Man, not learn from The Man. It is not something you learn, you have to be born with it. Kirby ain't Nick, and Georgia ain't Alabama. You buy into mystique way too much.

Anyone else think our '24 class appears lacking so far?

And ... anyone else notice how Georgia's '24 OL class includes three at 6'8", one at 6'7", and two at 6'6"? đź‘€

I did notice the size of their O-line recruits and their recruiting class. Smart can flat out recruit. He recruited the son of a business friend of mine a couple of years ago. That young man and his family were all diehard Tennessee fans .. both parents were alumni. When he signed with the pups over the vile’s I figured his dad might have blown a gasket. He was very upset in one way but very proud in all the other ways … the important ones. Now, they’re all UT fans and it cracks me up. Seeing them in all that orange and white on FB has to kill his frat brothers!

Now, back to recruiting … to me the butteye’s have the most impressive recruiting class at this point in time. It seems obvious Day can recruit too. Of course, Saban almost always pulls last minute recruits in the door and some of the players he’s already won over move way up the rankings after their HS seasons end. I will finish with this thought … it’s one I’ve had this whole year. Maybe Saban should go back to targeting certain 3 Star players he can develop rather than going after so many 5 Star players who for whatever reason don’t play like it.

Come on, you have to be The Man, not learn from The Man. It is not something you learn, you have to be born with it. Kirby ain't Nick, and Georgia ain't Alabama. You buy into mystique way too much.
Smart certainly has a competitive fire in his core but saying he learned something from CNS is not mystique or a knock against Smart. I was simply pointing out he learned from being with CNS what it takes to build a program and sustain it. That is not some mystic stuff it is intelect, knowledge and hard work.

We do agree on this Kirby is not CNS and UGA is not Bama.

Smart certainly has a competitive fire in his core but saying he learned something from CNS is not mystique or a knock against Smart. I was simply pointing out he learned from being with CNS what it takes to build a program and sustain it. That is not some mystic stuff it is intelect, knowledge and hard work.

We do agree on this Kirby is not CNS and UGA is not Bama.

Of course he learned, but you said he has Georgia so high only Alabama can get them. Not true at all. Georgia and Kirby are still in that Dabo and Clemson stage. Clemson was beat my more than just Alabama to bring them back to reality.

Maybe Saban should go back to targeting certain 3 Star players he can develop rather than going after so many 5 Star players who for whatever reason don’t play like it.
That's crossed my mind too. Hell, you can't keep too many bluechips on your roster now days anyway. If they don't get enough playing time, they will just transfer. I'm not suggesting that coaches should turn away the best available recruit. But it does seem to make sense that you might begin to adjust your recruiting strategy to alternate each year seeking out impact players and then developmental players so that you can preserve a culture in your locker room. Maybe that's what Saban is doing this year with our OL recruits. We presently have some promising young OL talent on our roster. So maybe Saban is okay with signing 3 stars this recruiting season, and then back to pursuing 4-5 stars the following season. Obviously, Poe is an exception in this next class.

Always better to have the best athletes that we can at Bama. Give me 20 4-5 stars matched with CNS program and culture any day. Throw in 3 stars that the CNS sees something in them and go coach them up.

Back
Top Bottom