| NEWS UPDTATE: Jeremy Pruitt fired assistant coach Jimmy Brumbaugh DURING loss to Kentucky

Lord I clicked on that link an up pops all the hideous orange. Can't unsee that crap on a Monday morning!!!!

Interesting move in the middle of a season. Must be much more to this story.

When I see Brumbaugh's name, it always reminds me of his career at auburn... felt like that dude played on their D-Line for 8 seasons. As for the firing, sure feels like there is more to this than his coaching performance, but that's just a guess (think recruiting upgrade). One thing this has made me realize though is how pissed Vol fans are with former Bama offensive analyst, and current Vol QB coach, Chris Weinke. They want him hopping on that bus out of town with Brumbaugh, even if Brumbaugh has to give up his seat.

That's "sort of" what I'm hearing but it has more to do with Pruitt and some potential hires. A few big names floating around Knoxville to start this week.

This is kind of along the lines of what I was alluding to earlier with there being more to this than Brumbaugh's on field coaching... Pruitt really wanted Tosh previously, and would love the recruiting upgrade he brings. Also, would he try and beat Bama to the punch on Bo Davis?

Also, would he try and beat Bama to the punch on Bo Davis?
I started to mention that but Amazon, for some reason, insisted I open the door so they could give me something.

And yes, that thought crossed my mind. I know Pruitt, as well as Kirbs and Fisher, tried to get 'approval' to hire Bo but Sankey squashed the move on all three.

It would be a great hire by Jeremy if he could get Bo in Knoxville.

Saban tried to get Bo back in T-Town, but after what we've saw out of D-line, would Saban be willing to hire Bo? I don't think it'll work because Sankey wouldn't approve.

I'm very confident that it would happen now if Saban/UA pushed for it. Maybe something changed since last winter, but I was told that the long term plan wasn't necessarily for Freddie Roach to stay with the DL room, but maybe shift to the LB room.

I started to mention that but Amazon, for some reason, insisted I open the door so they could give me something.

Had an Amazon package delivered Friday. USPS dropped it at my door, then 1 minute later picked up and took it back to the truck (saw on door camera). Redelivered it on Saturday. Appeared to be the same box. I'm sure there was a valid reason for it, but left me scratching my head.

Had an Amazon package delivered Friday. USPS dropped it at my door, then 1 minute later picked up and took it back to the truck (saw on door camera). Redelivered it on Saturday. Appeared to be the same box. I'm sure there was a valid reason for it, but left me scratching my head.
I ordered a set of wind deflectors for my 'sisters' Jeep last week. Amazon delivered them Thursday and they were exactly what I wanted to get her (early Christmas, new Jeep, etc.) Friday, Amazon delivered a second set that was a different brand name than I ordered.

Now what am I supposed to do? Buy a Jeep?

I don't know how many of their vehicles you see around town but good lord...if I see one per day, I see a 100. It's almost as if they're in fleets; 15-20 at a time leaving the Weapons Station area. I know a girl that's one of their managers. Good bartender as long as she had a cash register to tell her the amount of change...otherwise, pay as you go.

I think they start at $16 per here now.

I've shared how I'm non-prime, strive to avoid Amazon, and Chinese-made goods when I can, but I had to order window blinds through Amazon because they are odd sized and tough to find. They said I'd have to wait about a week to get them to get free shipping, and they came in two days just like prime. Three of the blinds each came in its own box that was big enough to hold a dozen blinds, all shipped from the fulfillment center in Hebron, KY.

They have hired away a good number of Fedex Ground execs to run their delivery system, utilizing contractors to do deliveries just like Fedex Ground, but they remain a far cry from an efficient shipper. UPS used to have a corner on cross-border warehousing, but it's been a few years since I looked at that, wondering how the Amazon warehouse network has affected that.

Back
Top Bottom