| FTBL UPDATE 6/1: Tony Mitchell has been reinstated

A kid gets in trouble.
He's given a path, a second chance, which he has fulfilled.
Part of that included therapy which he completed.

And @SnakeDoc you down voted that?

Truly, a what the fuck move.

View attachment 24473
View attachment 24474
It's sad that an old man set in his own way won't give a black kid a second chance... Tony's dad is located here in Huntsville, from what I've heard His son is actually a good kid. Don't do stupid stuff. I think he'll be alright going forward.

I believe in second chances. Of course, it depends on the infraction. But the rules to get the second chance must be clearly communicated and strictly enforced, including a rule that says there is no third chance.

A kid gets in trouble.
He's given a path, a second chance, which he has fulfilled.
Part of that included therapy which he completed.

And @SnakeDoc you down voted that?

Truly, a what the fuck move.

View attachment 24473
View attachment 24474
Yep. He can have a second chance somewhere else.

I've seen kids get similar plea deals get kicked out of school because they weren't football players.

Last edited:
It's sad that an old man set in his own way won't give a black kid a second chance... Tony's dad is located here in Huntsville, from what I've heard His son is actually a good kid. Don't do stupid stuff. I think he'll be alright going forward.
It's a guy at the least choosing to associate with a drug dealer.

No its sad that someone makes it racial when there is absolutely no such indication

And whether you are referring to me or @SnakeDoc
YOU are infact making it racial. Shame

No its sad that someone makes it racial when there is absolutely no such indication

And whether you are referring to me or @SnakeDoc
YOU are infact making it racial. Shame
There is nothing to suggest that this was a racial situation, but it's funny how you went there. Is Tony Mitchell a black kid? Let me go and look. Oh he is in fact a black kid... so I guessed correctly. roll my eyes Did I name anyone on a forum by name in my statement? No. How do I know if you're old or not, I don't. I don't know you outside life. I'm not sure why you got defensive about this, or went there.

I can go on and on and on about this and that, but at end of the day, I'm seeing comments by SnakeDoc and others that I'm interpreting as "Oh he can get 2nd chance somewhere, just not at Alabama..."

Am I wrong? Did I not get that right?

Now the question is why? The reasons provided by the members that didn't want him back at Alabama, didn't make sense at all. you don't want an immature kid to get a 2nd chance at life? Especially at Alabama? all because of one dumb mistake? The best place for Tony Mitchell is at Alabama. When it comes to situation like this, Bama is very good at developing players on and off the field. Saban prepares those men for life outside football, and they do it very well. There are not many football programs outside Alabama that does this.

If Alabama feels like they can't help those players.. they will kick them off the team. If kicked off the team and they transferred elsewhere, and I remember seeing that most players who transfer from Alabama for different reasons, tend to struggle.

Eddie Williams, D.J. Pettway, Tyler Hayes and Brent Calloway - all were kicked off, but DJ Pettway got a 2nd chance and made most of it.

Rolando McClain, Cam Robinson, Hootie Jones, Geno Smith, Jonathan Taylor, Tyren Jones, Gunnar Raborn, Cyrus Jones, Da'Shawn Hands, Hunter Brannon, Major Tennison, Jerry Jeudy, Eli Ricks.

Taylor got bad hand.. probably should've never got kicked off the team that quick. Most of the guys I listed, all were arrested for either weed or DUI or speeding, etc. Tell me did they deserve 2nd chance? they were young and stupid. Did they learn from it? Did they get in trouble again? The players who didn't learn from it, those who left Alabama.... did they turn around their life after that?

I've heard former players over the years that have said that if it had not been Saban's involving in their life, they would either be dead or on street dealing drugs.

Another comment I'm seeing here that he's associated with a drug dealer? I'm 42 years old and I know plenty of people who's a drug dealer, young and old and I speak to them at gas stations, mall, restaurant, or when one of us is in the area. That doesn't mean I'm associated with him. I have a childhood friend who sells drugs. We grew up together. we did sports together. he was at my wedding.

We'll never will know the full story behind what happened with Mitchell and his friend in the car... what he did was wrong, and he panicked...and it was stupid as hell.. But he's 18 .... He's still young. There is time to teach him how to do things the right way. What we can do instead of bitching about whether he deserve 2nd chances or not, is to continue to support him as a player and as a player while he is affiliated with Alabama. That's the best thing we can do as a fan, just support and wish him well and hope for best.

@SnakeDoc I’m guessing you refused to watch BAMA play when Saban allowed DJ Pettway back into the program after his run in as a freshman. How did you react when Coach signed Jonathan Taylor, the DL that had been dismissed from UGA due to a domestic violence charge? I bet you sang like a canary when Saban booted him off the team when a 2nd charge of DV was given to him. What was your reaction when it was a false charge and the GF was then charged?
Kids make stupid decisions! He chose to hang around someone with questionable character. Problem is, Tony probably knew the guy smoked a little weed but may have had no clue that the dude had a bag packed to make some cash on a trip to the beach. When the cops fell in behind him, his buddy may have said, “I’ve got more than a joint or two, outrun them!” Can’t outrun the radio though.

its sad that an old man set in his own way wont give a BLACK kid a second chance

Buddy thats what you said. Period. Plain English

And to believe you didn't intend it for someone specific... thats a reach
When 2 specifically were in discussion
Ummmmmm

Ok.

I will take u at ur word. Not intended for me
Awesome

I do believe in second maybe third chances.
But like i said. To wear bama crimson is a preveldge .... nick has been generous woth second chsnces. He knows boy's character
I trust him to do the right thing

I hope the young man works his butt off and becomes a model citizen

@SnakeDoc I’m guessing you refused to watch BAMA play when Saban allowed DJ Pettway back into the program after his run in as a freshman. How did you react when Coach signed Jonathan Taylor, the DL that had been dismissed from UGA due to a domestic violence charge? I bet you sang like a canary when Saban booted him off the team when a 2nd charge of DV was given to him. What was your reaction when it was a false charge and the GF was then charged?
Kids make stupid decisions! He chose to hang around someone with questionable character. Problem is, Tony probably knew the guy smoked a little weed but may have had no clue that the dude had a bag packed to make some cash on a trip to the beach. When the cops fell in behind him, his buddy may have said, “I’ve got more than a joint or two, outrun them!” Can’t outrun the radio though.
I don't remember when they played, but I was no fan of signing Taylor. Don't remember Pettway.

Buddy thats what you said. Period. Plain English

And to believe you didn't intend it for someone specific... thats a reach
When 2 specifically were in discussion
Ummmmmm

Ok.

I will take u at ur word. Not intended for me
Awesome

I do believe in second maybe third chances.
But like i said. To wear bama crimson is a preveldge .... nick has been generous woth second chsnces. He knows boy's character
I trust him to do the right thing

I hope the young man works his butt off and becomes a model citizen
Believe it all you want, but if i want to tag someone specifically, I will, but I didnt. The only thing I will agree with you is highlighted in bold.

Roll Tide.

I just find it extremely difficult to question anything CNS says or does when it comes to how he's running this program. If he thinks it is worthwhile to help this youngster find some direction, I'm all for it.

ROLL TIDE!

Back
Top Bottom