| FTBL UPDATE 6/1: Tony Mitchell has been reinstated

In the end, it’s Coach Saban’s decision and whether or not you agree with it, it’s been done. It’s on the kid now to figure out if he wants to make the best of that reprieve.
I agree. The dude needs Alabama & CNS a lot more than they need him. I’m sure Coach is more worried about the kid than he is about his secondary, or what some of the fans think.

It's sad that an old man set in his own way won't give a black kid a second chance... Tony's dad is located here in Huntsville, from what I've heard His son is actually a good kid. Don't do stupid stuff. I think he'll be alright going forward.
I don't think it's about the color of his skin. I do think that compounds what we're seeing. I think it's about the weed.

I don't think it's about the color of his skin. I do think that compounds what we're seeing. I think it's about the weed.
I think it is about Bama having a high standard. More about the Bama program in general and it is a privilege to play at Bama so if you want to come to Bama you should act accordingly. Hold yourself to the same high standard. Not taking side one way or the other but that is what I think poeple like 50+ are trying to say.

I think it is about Bama having a high standard. More about the Bama program in general and it is a privilege to play at Bama so if you want to come to Bama you should act accordingly. Hold yourself to the same high standard. Not taking side one way or the other but that is what I think poeple like 50+ are trying to say.

There we go.

It's sad that an old man set in his own way won't give a black kid a second chance... Tony's dad is located here in Huntsville, from what I've heard His son is actually a good kid. Don't do stupid stuff. I think he'll be alright going forward.

Keep race out of this. You've been setting that comment up for a while.

"Doesn't do stupid stuff"??? Now that simply isn't factual after what we saw here. Wasn't he the one that set up the Auburn reporter to meet him and he never showed up? It's Auburn, but even then that was just dumb and immature as well.

I also laugh because Saban demands perfection, but is not getting it here when Tony already knew the expectation. It's ok in your eyes for him to be in Saban's doghouse and not see the field because of it, yet us fans don't like it and don't want him on the field and it's because he's a black kid that messed up. You're just so far off base it makes zero sense.

Last edited:
A couple years ago Saban was giving a player a second chance and was taking heat from the media. He proceeded to tell the story of a player he had at Mich St that was in trouble, but Saban afforded him an opportunity to get back in good graces with the team. Guy went on to become an NFL player for a stint and then became something like a stock broker.........of something to that affect. (Going off memory). Either way, this players daughter had just graduated HS and was getting ready to go to either Harvard or Princeton. He said, that guy was thankful for his second chance and it created a legacy that otherwise would most likely would not have happened.

It is not just coach-speak when Saban says it. I have heard him numerous time say, he wants men to be better individuals because they came through our program. Some kids take a little more work than others to get them there, but he does it.

Keep race out of this. You've been setting that comment up for a while.

"Doesn't do stupid stuff"??? Now that simply isn't factual after what we saw here. Wasn't he the one that set up the Auburn reporter to meet him and he never showed up? It's Auburn, but even then that was just dumb and immature as well.

I also laugh because Saban demands perfection, but is not getting it here when Tony already knew the expectation. It's ok in your eyes for him to be in Saban's doghouse and not see the field because of it, yet us fans don't like it and don't want him on the field and it's because he's a black kid that messed up. You're just so far off base it makes zero sense.
I don't see how you guys see this as a racist comment or it's about a race, whatever you guys call it. I stated what was a fact. Tony Mitchell is a black kid. There is nothing racist or anything like that. All I pointed out how it was perceived from the general audience, not just in this group, but in the news and elsewhere.

The last part right there, Ehhh.. I have to disagree with you. He is a black kid that messed up by making bad decisions. Guys, you failed to see what I was trying to say... most of you took what I said and ran with it and It was never about the race but more of what people see when it's in the news.

It's interesting how many of you said he doen't deserve 2nd chance at Alabama, when There is history of Saban giving players 2nd chance, and then I see the comment about Bama standard...

There we go.
That's the part I was referring to... I found it funny when I see ppl making a statement like that and then I list all of the players in the last few years who has been in trouble and most of them has been given 2nd chances and turned out to be okay.... The main point: The perspective of Bama standard from the fans are quite different than Nick Saban and his football program.

@terry, That's not how I took here based on the comments.... It feel like it was more about " He doesn't deserve to be at Alabama, because of dumb mistake he made..." if It was DUI, Weed, DV, speeding, fighting, etc... they want them off the team. That's the main point I"m having issue with some of comments on here.

The main point: The perspective of Bama standard from the fans are quite different than Nick Saban and his football program.
I agree with this point also. I believe us older fans see Bama as a privilege and would have done anything to play at bama. We hold the program at a very high level and to play there you should be special in talent and character. Now CNS does indeed looks at talent but I also think he gives 2nd chances in almost all cases where he sees doing so will have the biggest impact to the kid from a bigger picther perspective.

I don't see how you guys see this as a racist comment or it's about a race, whatever you guys call it. I stated what was a fact. Tony Mitchell is a black kid. There is nothing racist or anything like that. All I pointed out how it was perceived from the general audience, not just in this group, but in the news and elsewhere.

The last part right there, Ehhh.. I have to disagree with you. He is a black kid that messed up by making bad decisions. Guys, you failed to see what I was trying to say... most of you took what I said and ran with it and It was never about the race but more of what people see when it's in the news.

It's interesting how many of you said he doen't deserve 2nd chance at Alabama, when There is history of Saban giving players 2nd chance, and then I see the comment about Bama standard...
Just curious as to why he must be continually identified as a black kid instead of a 18-year-old, freshman or early enrollee.

It was the intent. Would you have said he was a white kid if he was? You have implied because he's a black kid he's being treated different by the people on this forum and why they want him off the team. I don't care if he's purple, he made a bad mistake and should have more consequences than running or some bullshit therapy that ain't stopping him from smoking pot or being around it. Society is too soft today and that's why things are the way they are and things continue to get worse. People aren't scared of 25 to life anymore, so more murders, rape, and molestation are happening. You admitting you have a drug dealer friend you associate with questions me on your decision making. He's dealing drugs, he's not a good guy, no matter what you or anyone wants to think. I wouldn't want to knowingly being around a person that is killing off our society. I say all of that to push the point that people that are around drugs, dealing drugs, doing drugs, will ultimately pay a price. Very few you wver hear about get away from it and not pay a price. Look atMiles and the company he continued to keep, now he's looking at life in prison. Pretty sure you were saying no doubt he was getting bail, andit was denied. Decisions, right?

Your Bama Standard comments ring hollow vecause not all of us blindly follow Saban and are ok with the decisions he makes. He's not perfect or God, so he makes mistakes all the time. If you want me tk be clear I felt Golding should have been gone for being a dumbass grown man and getting a DUI. The rest of those players??? Make them earn their way back as well. JUCO for a year and then back.

Last edited:
That's the part I was referring to... I found it funny when I see ppl making a statement like that and then I list all of the players in the last few years who has been in trouble and most of them has been given 2nd chances and turned out to be okay.... The main point: The perspective of Bama standard from the fans are quite different than Nick Saban and his football program.
I know my perspective is much different than Saban's. I don't believe any of them should have been allowed to remain/come back to the program.

Back
Top Bottom