| FTBL UPDATE 6/1: Tony Mitchell has been reinstated

For me it's more than that. It's the speeding along with the drugs. It's the blatant disregard for anyone else around them or where they were traveling. How would you feel if you were the father of the girl Ruggs killed? The guy that had a red dot laser from a gun pointed by Ja Morant's crew? What if Mitchell and his buddy drove 141 mph on a road you live on and where your kids play? This is the one time they were caught, not necessarily the only time they've done it. Has drug violence not caused enough heartache and issues in society that you see it as "only pot"? If he's willing to be selfish enough to commit these types of crimes, how do you think he would be as a teammate and ambassador of the University of Alabama? I don't want my money going to pay for someone like that to attend school and not care and live his life like that, something I disagree with and even more that the law disagrees with.

As I initially said, make him earn it back with a year at community college in East Mississippi instead of making him run some bullshit sprints and taking a pointless class that isn't designed to change who you are or your character. No difference than making Wells Fargo pay fines for screwing over their customers with overdraft fees for years and making tons of money. They get fined, and then get popped for predatory lending. Get popped there and get caught racially discriminating with mortgages. Fines are clearly not working, and I see a correlation here where the punishment will never deter a future kid. Simply look at Georgia's receiver that just got popped for excessive speeding and reckless endangerment. What, six months after fellow teammate and staff died, and all the issues dealing with Jalen Carter. Make a statement and a real difference in their lives, not just enough to keep them playing ball for you so no one else can have them.

On point...exactly

Let's assume for a minute that Tony needs to go through a good amount of counseling and direction to move from his high school life into that of a college student. Hey, maybe he's got an issue that lies deeper.

We know Alabama's athletic department offers more support for these guys than 95%, or more, of the schools in the NCAA. Just pushing him off to somewhere else isn't helping him, at all. In fact, it's cutting his legs out from under him just when he needs to find his footing in life.

What sense does that make?

Let's assume for a minute that Tony needs to go through a good amount of counseling and direction to move from his high school life into that of a college student. Hey, maybe he's got an issue that lies deeper.

We know Alabama's athletic department offers more support for these guys than 95%, or more, of the schools in the NCAA. Just pushing him off to somewhere else isn't helping him, at all. In fact, it's cutting his legs out from under him just when he needs to find his footing in life.

Sounds like he needs a lesson in humility. He knew what he was doing was highly illegal. If he didn't, then tgere is a major issue where that lack of intelligence or awareness won't allow him to survive the spotlight at Alabama. Dropping him to DII was a simple suggestion many players are forced to do with grafes and they learn humility realky quick after getting sucked off by every coach in America while they were recruits. Wonder if any of our employers would retain us if we got popped for these instances. It all makes sense to me. He still gets college classes and to play ball. That is not punishment, just a lesson being given.

This is why I’d never be a successful college/nfl coach. My teams would suck because, I would run to many of them off. On another note these guys know what they’re doing is wrong/illegal don’t say they don’t know because they do. Just glad I’m not the one making these decisions. I’ve given up on the nfl about 6-7 years ago. I don’t watch nearly as much college football as I used to. I’m not big on second chances, especially if someone calls illegal actions “mistakes” that’s enabling them. Now I do not make rash/emotional decisions either, I let the courts/institutions do their “investigations”. If they do wrong they’d be gone

Exactly! so he should get a chance to show that he can learn from it and move forward.

Back
Top Bottom