| FTBL UA Coordinator/coaching changes— SPLIT into offensive and defensive threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not advocating for him, but I think it's safe to say he'd be working within Saban's parameters, so I don't believe he'd be nearly as aggressive as he has been in the past. For a related example, now that Golding is gone, I expect him to be more aggressive than he was while under Saban. Also, as it pertains to Grantham (or whoever else gets it), getting the defensive line back to the Bama standard will go a long way in helping cover some shortcomings.
Speaking on that. I've seen a good bit of Bama people wanting Bo Davis back, I'd love to get him back.... but we're not getting rid of Roach. I want to see more consistency out of the D-line as a whole, instead of one guy making plays the whole game. We've got an abundance of talent in the trenches, time to get back to being dominant.

Speaking on that. I've seen a good bit of Bama people wanting Bo Davis back, I'd love to get him back.... but we're not getting rid of Roach. I want to see more consistency out of the D-line as a whole, instead of one guy making plays the whole game. We've got an abundance of talent in the trenches, time to get back to being dominant.
I’ve heard if Davis was to come back, Roach would coach linebackers. Dunno how true that is (think I heard Tim Watts say it)

When Saban brought Roach back, the long term plan was for him to shift to LB's. That obviously hasn't happened yet, but I'd think it is still on the table if/when Saban needs to slide to pieces around.

When Saban brought Roach back, the long term plan was for him to shift to LB's. That obviously hasn't happened yet, but I'd think it is still on the table if/when Saban needs to slide to pieces around.
That's what I'm still thinking about by the way. If Pruitt does come, I assume he'll either be the Safeties coach, or ILB coach. Same with Armstrong, he could be either one. I'd like to shift him somewhere else, and get Davis back. Hope Roach takes a step forward this year with his group.

That's what I'm still thinking about by the way. If Pruitt does come, I assume he'll either be the Safeties coach, or ILB coach. Same with Armstrong, he could be either one. I'd like to shift him somewhere else, and get Davis back. Hope Roach takes a step forward this year with his group.

Uncle Sal is a possible puzzle piece too.

The longer this takes without any information about Leonhard or Shuman or any of the other big names people want us in on. The more I believe Saban just wants JP back in the position. Like Terry said before, that may not work out this year, but I know he's been in the building and picked up some Alabama merch. I don't know for sure, if they'll be officially hiring him, and if they can, will it be for an analyst job to avoid problems right away or as an on-field coach or straight up as the DC.

As far as OC, I haven't heard anything concrete yet outside of speculation on who they are interviewing for the position.

The longer this takes without any information about Leonhard or Shuman or any of the other big names people want us in on. The more I believe Saban just wants JP back in the position. Like Terry said before, that may not work out this year, but I know he's been in the building and picked up some Alabama merch. I don't know for sure, if they'll be officially hiring him, and if they can, will it be for an analyst job to avoid problems right away or as an on-field coach or straight up as the DC.

As far as OC, I haven't heard anything concrete yet outside of speculation on who they are interviewing for the position.
Nice recap

He 100% wants Pruitt (wanted him on staff last year), but figuring out if the positives outweigh the negatives of him being DC has always been the issue. On OC, agent chatter says he's spoken to a lot of people, but not all of them are targets for the position. The Lebby stuff is well known, but he's casting a wide net on the offensive side, unlike the defensive side. He has reached out to people to get opinions and info on Collin Klein and Jim Svoboda for example.

He 100% wants Pruitt (wanted him on staff last year), but figuring out if the positives outweigh the negatives of him being DC has always been the issue. On OC, agent chatter says he's spoken to a lot of people, but not all of them are targets for the position. The Lebby stuff is well known, but he's casting a wide net on the offensive side, unlike the defensive side. He has reached out to people to get opinions and info on Collin Klein and Jim Svoboda for example.
Yeah, no doubt Pruitt is the guy. I hope we can land Lebby, or Brady. There's a few others Id like Bama to look at if we can't land either one. Not familiar with Klein as a coach, Svoboda has done a great job at Tulane. Wouldn't mind him at all.

Yeah, no doubt Pruitt is the guy. I hope we can land Lebby, or Brady. There's a few others Id like Bama to look at if we can't land either one. Not familiar with Klein as a coach, Svoboda has done a great job at Tulane. Wouldn't mind him at all.
Wasn't Svoboda on staff at one point?

I don't see Davis ever coming back, given how he left.

We can't wait too long on Pruitt, or we'll wind up with a contingency worse than Golding.
I'm pretty confident right now I'm saying that he'll our DC. Things can change, but it's looking like it's going to happen. If not, we have other options. Now if they all turn us down, then I'm worried.

You're probably right, but I wish you weren't.
I get the concern of the NCAA stuff, but why? He's a fantastic DC. Guys an excellent play caller, can adjust and change to what an offense is doing in real time, and develops talent. With him, they're be consistency, and discipline.... something I want very badly. Maybe I'm misreading, and the only hangup for you is the NCAA stuff. But, in my opinion.... he's worth it.

I get the concern of the NCAA stuff, but why? He's a fantastic DC. Guys an excellent play caller, can adjust and change to what an offense is doing in real time, and develops talent. With him, they're be consistency, and discipline.... something I want very badly. Maybe I'm misreading, and the only hangup for you is the NCAA stuff. But, in my opinion.... he's worth it.
I just don't like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom