| FTBL UA Coordinator/coaching changes— SPLIT into offensive and defensive threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sankey called the Barn President and spoke with him regarding the NCAA rules that Hugh broke. The AU President gets to make the call on whether to hire or not. Not Sankey.

A side note:

I'd heard UT and UGA were voicing their disapproval to the SEC offices (Pruitt.) I saw that come up again Sunday night. I understand Rodney pretty well confirmed it with his board today.
That should be all you need to know that this is a good hire. They know he can put a product on the field that will challenge them.

He's not an insider. He follows other board and take info from there.

I don't know what some of these folks are trying to say for sure. If they are saying Pruitt can't be hired with a guarantee that he will be "cleared" then they are correct, as he won't be. He will be punished to some extent for the infractions (possibly severely), no way around that. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt by going with that interpretation though, because their wording with these statements often leads me to think they (wrongly) believe it is completely out of Alabama's hands.

I don't know what some of these folks are trying to say for sure. If they are saying Pruitt can't be hired with a guarantee that he will be "cleared" then they are correct, as he won't be. He will be punished to some extent for the infractions (possibly severely), no way around that. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt by going with that interpretation though, because their wording with these statements often leads me to think they (wrongly) believe it is completely out of Alabama's hands.
Think it be wise to try and get Schumann still? Since we don't know for certain if he'll be punished or not? He's cleared, so we could bring him in to coach a position group at least. I'm down for either. Seems like Saban wants him to be the DC outright though, I'm completely fine with that.

Think it be wise to try and get Schumann still? Since we don't know for certain if he'll be punished or not? He's cleared, so we could bring him in to coach a position group at least. I'm down for either. Seems like Saban wants him to be the DC outright though, I'm completely fine with that.

Just having him as an analyst for now would be a tremendous help... position coach even better, but he just needs to be in the building IMO. More than likely he will get hit with recruiting restrictions for a period of time, but I understand Saban isn't too concerned over that part. Schumann has a lot of loyalty to Kirby, and Kirby is promising him a path up the ladder. I haven't heard this, but I'd imagine he's also telling him it would be detrimental to work with Pruitt at Alabama.

Just having him as an analyst for now would be a tremendous help... position coach even better, but he just needs to be in the building IMO. More than likely he will get hit with recruiting restrictions for a period of time, but I understand Saban isn't too concerned over that part. Schumann has a lot of loyalty to Kirby, and Kirby is promising him a path up the ladder. I haven't heard this, but I'd imagine he's also telling him it would be detrimental to work with Pruitt at Alabama.
Feel the same way. And it wouldn't hurt to throw a substantial amount of cash at him, tell him he'd be the head man, and see what he does. If he says no, then so be it. Doesn't hurt to try. And it would be detrimental to work with him because of the looming bullshit from the NCAA, however working with Nick Saban is not. Hard to say no to him. Totally understand if he wants to stay with Kirby.

Feel the same way. And it wouldn't hurt to throw a substantial amount of cash at him, tell him he'd be the head man, and see what he does. If he says no, then so be it. Doesn't hurt to try. And it would be detrimental to work with him because of the looming bullshit from the NCAA, however working with Nick Saban is not. Hard to say no to him. Totally understand if he wants to stay with Kirby.

Would imagine he'd be in his ear about being undermined, not being the real DC, etc... Not saying any of that would happen, but Kirby isn't above doing shit like that. A couple years ago, he gave one of his own players outdated NFL feedback paperwork to try and convince him that he wasn't going to be a top pick so that he'd stick around for another season.

Would imagine he'd be in his ear about being undermined, not being the real DC, etc... Not saying any of that would happen, but Kirby isn't above doing shit like that. A couple years ago, he gave one of his own players outdated NFL feedback paperwork to try and convince him that he wasn't going to be a top pick so that he'd stick around for another season.
No doubt he would, but he better start actively convincing him.... like paying him what he's worth. Or it may not matter what he says. And really? I haven't heard that before, remember who the player was by chance?

No doubt he would, but he better start actively convincing him.... like paying him what he's worth. Or it may not matter what he says. And really? I haven't heard that before, remember who the player was by chance?

The player was Azeez Ojulari, there never was a story out there publicly that I'm aware of. Check the end of this post for more context.

Maybe it's the wording, but that is making it sound like the SEC can stop Bama from hiring Pruitt... they can't. So there's really nothing to clear or not clear from their end... they can't stop it. Sankey can give his recommendation and even some warnings.... maybe he gave his blessing to a degree, but if Bama wants to hire him and deal with any consequences that follow, they can.
A side note:

I'd heard UT and UGA were voicing their disapproval to the SEC offices (Pruitt.) I saw that come up again Sunday night. I understand Rodney pretty well confirmed it with his board today.
This is all very accurate, been out of it last few days with some seasonal allergies or some type of cold. But, in Teneessee the hornets nest is stirring wanting some type of perceived "justice" against Pruitt. They are beyond senile if they think UT can affect Alabama's staff hiring, but it is funny to hear them all complain up here right now as the information comes out on Pruitt. Gave me a good laugh.

The player was Azeez Ojulari, there never was a story out there publicly that I'm aware of. Check the end of this post for more context.
Wow. I believe he went pretty high in the draft as well. He could have came back and been a first rounder, but Kirby shouldn't have tried to trick the kid into coming back. Sit down with him and tell him that, don't trick him. It's his choice, come back and possibly be a higher grade, or go ahead and get the money... while also being a projected 2nd rounder, which is still life changing money.

Feel it’s going to be Leonard, but hell I’ve got no clue

I know that. I like the fact that Lebby uses a pretty good dose of downhill runs. If you look at his past year at OU, they were within 500 yards rushing to passing. Only 3 yards less a game than us offensively. Brady’s year at LSU saw 2500+ yards on the ground and 6000+ thru the air!!!
I would take into consideration the fact that much of Oklahoma’s offensive talent was lost to the transfer portal…either to Lincoln Riley or other schools. Lebby did a really good job considering what they had left on the roster. The 2019 LSU offensive talent was incredible so I don’t think it is fair to compare the yards per game with 2022 Oklahoma.

N Alabama guy who golfs a lot. I believe his original Twitter account "BamaGooseTV" received a perma-ban on Twitter though I can't recall why (EDIT: it's been deleted.) I followed his old account on Twitter because he posted pictures of the golf courses he was playing on the weekends. He's not been one to break news.
Maybe a better question is are you hearing anything like this @TerryP ?

I would take into consideration the fact that much of Oklahoma’s offensive talent was lost to the transfer portal…either to Lincoln Riley or other schools. Lebby did a really good job considering what they had left on the roster. The 2019 LSU offensive talent was incredible so I don’t think it is fair to compare the yards per game with 2022 Oklahoma.
Wasn’t making a comparison between OU ‘22 and LSwho ‘19. Only showing that both Lebby and Brady DID use the run game effectively. Damn! LSwho had over 8,000 yards of offense that year!! Extremely talented bunch! OU wasn’t no where near that, and I agree that Lebby did a great job considering the hand he had been dealt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom