| FTBL UA Coordinator/coaching changes— SPLIT into offensive and defensive threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing for sure is no insider has any clue wtf they're talking about. Suttles hinted a few weeks ago that Saban already had his man and Alabama fans wouldn't be too thrilled about it. Yet today, we're hearing Alabama interviewing and being turned down by an OC who would have been a homerun hire.

So I'll just wait to hear when everything is official. Grantham probably would have already been hired as DC if he was going to be the man. Not saying he couldn't - it just seems like Saban would move quicker on hiring him if that was the case.
No outsider does either. Who said Grubb turned down Saban? Perhaps Saban turned down Grubb due to a personality conflict (we know Saban isn’t the easiest to work with).

You don't know Saban very well, do you?

There have been multiple times Davis could've come back. Won't happen while Saban is still in charge. Davis violated his trust, and nothing fixes that.
He did it with Sarkisian whenever he bolted to the NFL the first time. Gave him a second chance, so why not Davis?

So, with Ryan's getting the job. Think he'll pursue Freddie Roach for anything? Don't know if it'll be for the DC job, but maybe as a positions coach? If he does leave, that could potentially open the door for Bo Davis to come back. I wish we could get Coach Dunbar back, but that's not likely not happening. I like Roach, he's been a fantastic recruiter for Bama, D-line was inconsistent, but they played very well at times. Just a few suggestions if he were to leave.
What made you think Roach would join Davis based on Bama history?

The Ryans hiring Roach rumor has been going around... Terry alluded to it in the DeMeco thread earlier. Personally, I'd be surprised, but... his position is in a bit of flux right now, so it could make sense for both sides. Still, I would think Ryans would be targeting from a different pool.

You don't know Saban very well, do you?

There have been multiple times Davis could've come back. Won't happen while Saban is still in charge. Davis violated his trust, and nothing fixes that.

Would disagree with this... not saying Davis will ever be back, but... he wants to come back. Saban would 100% accept him back, all things being equal. Davis and Pruitt have some stuff in common... both love UA, both loved working for Saban, both are top notch coaches/teachers/motivators, and both are elite evaluators. Of course, both dug themselves into some deep holes too... but I would not be one bit surprised to see Bo Davis back at Alabama sooner or later.

The Ryans hiring Roach rumor has been going around... Terry alluded to it in the DeMeco thread earlier. Personally, I'd be surprised, but... his position is in a bit of flux right now, so it could make sense for both sides. Still, I would think Ryans would be targeting from a different pool.

Would disagree with this... not saying Davis will ever be back, but... he wants to come back. Saban would 100% accept him back, all things being equal. Davis and Pruitt have some stuff in common... both love UA, both loved working for Saban, both are top notch coaches/teachers/motivators, and both are elite evaluators. Of course, both dug themselves into some deep holes too... but I would not be one bit surprised to see Bo Davis back at Alabama sooner or later.

Didn't all Davis do was give a player some money for a car repair? He just lied about it?

Saw it was rumored Lake was interested…Those guys that work or worked in the Pacific NW 😂…at this point let’s roll with Pruitt as analyst and Geoff Collins as DC if Pruitt as DC isn’t happening based on what people out of Mobile are saying Coach said at a dinner.

If Lebby isn’t in the mix at OC, I like Kevin Johns…also like Joe Moorhead. Should be an interesting next week or so.

Didn't all Davis do was give a player some money for a car repair? He just lied about it?

The bad part was lying to compliance and attorneys about the situation when they already knew the truth. As usual, the coverup was worse than the crime. Story is, he sorta panicked and didn't want to get Alabama in trouble, Saban was out of town, and he received some poor advice on how to handle it.

Saw it was rumored Lake was interested…Those guys that work or worked in the Pacific NW 😂…at this point let’s roll with Pruitt as analyst and Geoff Collins as DC if Pruitt as DC isn’t happening based on what people out of Mobile are saying Coach said at a dinner.

If Lebby isn’t in the mix at OC, I like Kevin Johns…also like Joe Moorhead. Should be an interesting next week or so.
At this point, trust nothing anyone says. Everyone damn person has an "inside" source, or heard something. download (23).jpeg

The bad part was lying to compliance and attorneys about the situation when they already knew the truth. As usual, the coverup was worse than the crime. Story is, he sorta panicked and didn't want to get Alabama in trouble, Saban was out of town, and he received some poor advice on how to handle it.

I hear you. In the scheme of things, that's tiddlywinks compared to other situations around the country. As you stated, Saban is all about second chances, so I don't think this is blackball material.

Wait a second guys. Corey Harris was put on leave because he loaned money to HaHa. Davis got in trouble because of improper visits which he lied about (to Saban, and more importantly, compliance.)

No outsider does either. Who said Grubb turned down Saban? Perhaps Saban turned down Grubb due to a personality conflict (we know Saban isn’t the easiest to work with).
FWIW, I understand Grubb was looking for Bama to match the two million per year. It wasn't in Saban's plans. Is that an offer, or rejection?

Six weeks ago Grubbs was making a little over a million per year. He received a contract extension and raise pushing him to 1.45 million. When A&M came knocking, UW responded by giving him another raise, this time to 2 million.

Wait a second guys. Corey Harris was put on leave because he loaned money to HaHa. Davis got in trouble because of improper visits which he lied about (to Saban, and more importantly, compliance.)

Should have been more clear but I was pointing out that his issue was the lying part, not the actual rule breaking. Difference ended up being slap on the wrist // getting put under the compliance jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom