| FTBL UA Coordinator/coaching changes— SPLIT into offensive and defensive threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saban wouldn't match the two million.

This is one of the reasons I mentioned his money progression over the last six weeks. What's he actually worth? The bump to two million looks like a knee jerk reaction to A&M's interest.
I would most definitely say “knee jerk” reaction much like the Barners did with Gus when they thought Arkansas was going to come scoop him up.

I'd like to do a film breakdown sometime this weekend of a few plays of when Pruitt was the DC here, and maybe some of when he was at Florida St as well. Might use some clips of the Tennessee game in 2016, they ran a modern style offense that were pretty efficient that season, they also had some NFL talent offensively as well, so they weren't slouches. Pruitt, and that defense shut them down.... so it was a pretty big accomplishment. It also be fitting, because fuck Tennessee, and the NCAA.
Cupace20230201161115374.png

Saban wouldn't match the two million.

This is one of the reasons I mentioned his money progression over the last six weeks. What's he actually worth? The bump to two million looks like a knee jerk reaction to A&M's interest.
A&M would have paid (see Jimbo Fisher contract)

Does anyone know the buyout for Grubb? Maybe that was the sticking point. Saban wouldn't commit to his buyout because there were others to interview?

Concerning Pruitt, is there a threatened or pending law suit from Pruitt vs uT? If so, here's to hoping that Pruitt will choose coaching vs filing a suit. Just beat their a$$ on the field..

Does anyone know the buyout for Grubb? Maybe that was the sticking point. Saban wouldn't commit to his buyout because there were others to interview?

Not sure on the buyout (but Saban should have had that info before the interview), but there were definitely other interviews.

Concerning Pruitt, is there a threatened or pending law suit from Pruitt vs uT? If so, here's to hoping that Pruitt will choose coaching vs filing a suit. Just beat their a$$ on the field..

@TerryP has mentioned the lawsuit earlier in this thread, but yes, there is one. Up to this point, Pruitt isn't willing to drop it.. and it isn't just from spite. His attorneys firmly believe they have a case (i.e. the evidence needed), to get Pruitt every dollar owed to him. More than likely, it'll get settled out of court.... but it doesn't sound like dropping it is an option.

Not sure on the buyout (but Saban should have had that info before the interview), but there were definitely other interviews.

@TerryP has mentioned the lawsuit earlier in this thread, but yes, there is one. Up to this point, Pruitt isn't willing to drop it.. and it isn't just from spite. His attorneys firmly believe they have a case (i.e. the evidence needed), to get Pruitt every dollar owed to him. More than likely, it'll get settled out of court.... but it doesn't sound like dropping it is an option.
How about we hire him so he can kick their ass on, and off the field. I'd love nothing more than for him to come back, beat them, and then make them pay him his money.

Could it be that the SEC is asking for it to be dropped before giving their blessing on his hiring?

Could it be that the SEC is asking for it to be dropped before giving their blessing on his hiring?

Yes, here's where Terry mentioned it FWIW. Saban, Byrne, and the UA admin have always been reluctant to go against Sankey's wishes (not demands, wishes). Even though it has cost Bama, and even though others do what they want, UA still plays the good soldier and falls in line.

It’s weird this time. Every other time we’ve lost a coach or asked a coach to leave there was one in the hopper. It also seems strange that it wasn’t done before NSD. I know…I know…trust Saban and the process…but this doesn’t seem like the process of the past. Sloppy is not the right word…maybe a little haphazard. Have we ever not had EITHER coordinator in place by this time?

It’s weird this time. Every other time we’ve lost a coach or asked a coach to leave there was one in the hopper. It also seems strange that it wasn’t done before NSD. I know…I know…trust Saban and the process…but this doesn’t seem like the process of the past. Sloppy is not the right word…maybe a little haphazard. Have we ever not had EITHER coordinator in place by this time?
Could be he's just wanting to make sure he's getting the best for each position that he sees fit. These are important hires, especially right now. Not sure who's the top candidate right now for the OC position, but like a lot of us have discussed on this thread is that he wants Pruitt, and is going through all these hurdles to try and get him. If he can, he's hiring him no doubt. We just have to wait.

Could be he's just wanting to make sure he's getting the best for each position that he sees fit. These are important hires, especially right now. Not sure who's the top candidate right now for the OC position, but like a lot of us have discussed on this thread is that he wants Pruitt, and is going through all these hurdles to try and get him. If he can, he's hiring him no doubt. We just have to wait.

And he just started with the formal interviews this week... on some guys who he gathered info on. Seems like a smart, thorough way to go about it.

I agree, it does feel haphazard on the outside looking in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom