| FTBL UA Coordinator/coaching changes— SPLIT into offensive and defensive threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet today, we're hearing Alabama interviewing and being turned down by an OC who would have been a homerun hire.
At what point do you think his interview fell apart? At what stage of his interview do you think he "turned the job down?" How did his meetings go with Coach Wolf, or Byrne, or Ballou?

If he didn't mesh with Coach Wolf, or any of the staff, it's a strike out.

More importantly. If Saban has interviews scheduled following Grubbs and had interviews scheduled today, at what point was the offer extended? Why would it be?

FWIW, I understand Grubb was looking for Bama to match the two million per year. It wasn't in Saban's plans. Is that an offer, or rejection?

Six weeks ago Grubbs was making a little over a million per year. He received a contract extension and raise pushing him to 1.45 million. When A&M came knocking, UW responded by giving him another raise, this time to 2 million.

Anyone willing to share who the other candidates were that had interviews yesterday and today? 😏

I know the answer is “no” even before I ask…but gotta ask anyway

😁

Two things are certain regarding the DC search:
1. Saban wants Pruitt
2. Pruitt needs Saban

Given the uncertainty of the timeline involved and the uncertainty of potential NCAA penalties, the only thing that makes sense is to hire Pruitt as an analyst now, as well as a DC on a one year contract, and then reevaluate after the season.
Only problem with that is nobody very good is going to come knowing full well after this year he’s out of a job then everybody will be whining about the defense again

A thought crossed my mind earlier tonight so I'm going to change the subject a bit while rambling on a bit. What do you think happens when Saban interviews a coach?

To side step a second here ...

Have you ever thought about what happens with a recruit takes an unofficial visit?

It's different, not because they're paying, but their routine. Yes, they'll meet with Saban and their coordinator. They'll meet with their position coaches. Most importantly, they're meeting with the team and the others that make up their day, their life as a player.

These interviews we're talking about aren't two guys sitting across from each other. There's X's and O's talk with Saban—Golding nailed that. But, like the recruit, there's a whole lot of other people they have to "mesh" with.

What's a little ironic is these interviews are a lot like summer camps and scholarship offers. An offer is out there, but it's contingent on how the kid does in camp. Take Grubb now. Everyone knew the offer was out there, but it was contingent on what happened on his visit.

To me, it seems so easy to see.

"Coach _____ turned them down" is just, lazy.

Contract dates with buyouts....
Always seems.l...February 1 is some magic date
Do you now see what we meant by saying the goal was to get things worked out by Feb 1st?

They've been in a dead period for a few days now and tomorrow is National Signing Day. Saban doesn't have anything going on except the searches. Saban isn't holding a presser tomorrow to discuss recruits.

Do you now see what we meant by saying the goal was to get things worked out by Feb 1st?

They've been in a dead period for a few days now and tomorrow is National Signing Day. Saban doesn't have anything going on except the searches. Saban isn't holding a presser tomorrow to discuss recruits.
Basically he used the dead period to interview coaches and ... It make sense.

Is he holding a press conference tomorrow at all?

The ink isn’t dry on Rush Probst new high school job yet…Like him or not he is a great coach..He can probably run the Saban offense… He hired JP on his Hoover staff (before he came to UA)… Just build him a compound for his families…

The ink isn’t dry on Rush Probst new high school job yet…Like him or not he is a great coach..He can probably run the Saban offense… He hired JP on his Hoover staff (before he came to UA)… Just build him a compound for his families…
No need. Just give him one floor in one of the dorms.

So, with Ryan's getting the job. Think he'll pursue Freddie Roach for anything? Don't know if it'll be for the DC job, but maybe as a positions coach? If he does leave, that could potentially open the door for Bo Davis to come back. I wish we could get Coach Dunbar back, but that's not likely not happening. I like Roach, he's been a fantastic recruiter for Bama, D-line was inconsistent, but they played very well at times. Just a few suggestions if he were to leave.

So, with Ryan's getting the job. Think he'll pursue Freddie Roach for anything? Don't know if it'll be for the DC job, but maybe as a positions coach? If he does leave, that could potentially open the door for Bo Davis to come back. I wish we could get Coach Dunbar back, but that's not likely not happening. I like Roach, he's been a fantastic recruiter for Bama, D-line was inconsistent, but they played very well at times. Just a few suggestions if he were to leave.
Davis won't be back. He lied to Saban.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom