| FTBL UA Coordinator/coaching changes— SPLIT into offensive and defensive threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw where he (allegedly) interviewed Kendall Briles for the job. I wouldn't mind that hire at all.
Kendall Briles would be just as good as Lebby to me. Going into the search they were my top two choices but Kendall went to TCU so I thought he was out. I’m a big fan of being able to spread it out, throwing it vertically and having a down hill power run game. Coach letting him mix in his principals into pro set to be multiple to do anything…you would think it would look similar to what Kiffin liked to do.

Last edited:
Not doubting you, but who/when? I don't remember. Also, I freely admit that this type of thing doesn't stick in my memory, either.
Let's see Kiffin, Golding, Locksley, Sark, BOB- Jan
Brian Daboll- Feb 17th
OC- Kiffin, Locksley, Sark all were fired and were out of work coach. Locksley, Sark were promoted within staff. Kiffin was hired outside. Daboll is only one who was hired in Feb.... and he came straight from BOB.
Saban tend to like to promote people within staff for DC. Kirby, Pruitt, Tosh, then he went outside and hired Golding.

And this isn't first time Saban had to replace both of the OC and DC position before.

Now here's something : Saban: 'Ongoing process' to find new Bama OC

This was when Sark left, and he made a comment..... and how BOB was linked to the Bama job... This time... Grubb was only one we know of....

So my point: We won't know nothing until we start to hear consistent name for a candidate and this might be the weekend or next week before we'll know.

Let's see Kiffin, Golding, Locksley, Sark, BOB- Jan
Brian Daboll- Feb 17th
OC- Kiffin, Locksley, Sark all were fired and were out of work coach. Locksley, Sark were promoted within staff. Kiffin was hired outside. Daboll is only one who was hired in Feb.... and he came straight from BOB.
Saban tend to like to promote people within staff for DC. Kirby, Pruitt, Tosh, then he went outside and hired Golding.

And this isn't first time Saban had to replace both of the OC and DC position before.

Now here's something : Saban: 'Ongoing process' to find new Bama OC

This was when Sark left, and he made a comment..... and how BOB was linked to the Bama job... This time... Grubb was only one we know of....

So my point: We won't know nothing until we start to hear consistent name for a candidate and this might be the weekend or next week before we'll know.
So only one of those were hired after NSD…the rest before the end of January…that’s kinda my point…this is unusual for both coordinator roles to be vacant this late.

I believe he's still in the mix (personally, and not that it matters, but I'm not as high on him as most). In fact, I'd prefer Kitchens over him if given the choice (I'm sure I'm in the minority there).
I'd love to have Kitchens as OC. Has he expressed any interest in wanting to coach in college?

Mentioned Klein (KSU OC) the other day... he is heavily in the mix.

I believe he's still in the mix (personally, and not that it matters, but I'm not as high on him as most). In fact, I'd prefer Kitchens over him if given the choice (I'm sure I'm in the minority there).
Kitchens wouldn't be a bad hire at all, he's just like a lot of these other coaches. Great coordinators, but just can't figure out how to be the head man.

Kitchen is real good, but His offense can be little stale at time. But he can get creative with play calling. It won't be fancy, but it'll get the job done.

Klein is a good one, Definitely will scheme to get someone open, but i think sometime he has bonehead plays on 3rd down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom