| FTBL UA Coordinator/coaching changes— SPLIT into offensive and defensive threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know Pruitt coached secondary until his last year with Bama before he left, and he coached ILB.

To be OC or DC, you have to get an experience understanding how each position works. DC should be able to coach LBs/Secondary. OC should be able to coach QB. IMO, WR, OL, TE requires a dedicated coach . Defense requires a dedicated coach, but DC if he knows the scheme is based on his LB, then they should be able to coach LB and get them to see things from coaching perspective.

However, whoever the DC is this time... I get a feeling the DC will be coaching secondary... We'll have dedicated coaches at ILB/OLB.
I think that is why Saban got a hardcore linebacker to coach them up…

Ok. Not really in disagreement
But
Did the Dolphins HC play nfl or collegiatey
It happens sometimes..I didnt say it was impossible…but his position coaches should get most of the credit… like Gene Stallings said “I’ve stood on the shoulders of giants” ..

This was from OU board... Some of the info was recycled.....

OP on TFB regarding Lebby:

***Last week, I noted that Lebby’s name began to resurface as a candidate for the Alabama job.

***I’ve continued to talk to folks about this and the latest I’ve heard is that Lebby is a “prominent candidate.” One source went as far to say he is at or near the top of the list.

***If Lebby were to be offered, I’m still unable to get a sense of how interested he would be but I did speak to someone close to him who said, “it’s Nick Saban. You have to hear him out.”

***I did ask someone on the OU side about what might happen with Jackson Arnold, in case Lebby was offered the Alabama job and decided to take it. As I expected, source was confident that Arnold would remain at OU.

***Also, a bit of a Twitter note but it was brought to my attention that Lebby recently followed the Alabama quarterback commit, Julian Sayin. I did call someone close to Sayin who said, if Lebby decides to recruit Sayin to OU, it’s not likely to have any impact. Source said Sayin and his camp have known for a while that O’Brien may be leaving and their commitment to Alabama was made to and because of Saban. So, as long as Saban is there then, he’s not likely to look anywhere else.

***Lastly, I want to reiterate that we have been told Joe Brady is also a candidate and I am told he is interested in the job. Another name I previously mentioned was that of Dan Mullens. And, this morning I was told that last week Saban had a quiet meeting with another candidate but source could not name the candidate.

***With O’Brien gone, I imagine this shouldn’t take too terribly long.

Ok. Not really in disagreement
But
Did the Dolphins HC play nfl or collegiatey

@24and7
@BamaFan334

Dont look lime a big time player
No, but he sounds like a straight up psychopath in his interviews. The dude has no emotion, or voice inflection whatsoever.

I heard him talking about one of Tua's concussions on a SportsCenter clip. If you didn't know who he was, you could never have guessed that he had heard of Tua beforehand, much less actually know him. Dude is weird.

No stats, but he was a Yale graduate. More of a Moneyball type mind. Very smart and uses analytics to create his gameplans.
You know this is a random thought, but with all this AI/machine learing/simulation technology, I've often thought it would be a worthwhile investment for a coaching staff to hire a bunch of autistic nerds/professors to develop some type of football AI system that analyzes the probability of future plays based on certain variables.

It's like wargame technology but for football.

No, but he sounds like a straight up psychopath in his interviews. The dude has no emotion, or voice inflection whatsoever.

I heard him talking about one of Tua's concussions on a SportsCenter clip. If you didn't know who he was, you could never have guessed that he had heard of Tua beforehand, much less actually know him. Dude is weird.
Dude looks like a weirdo too.

Here's the thing... @TerryP @Brandon Van de Graaff will drop a hint before the news catches a wind.... and they will give us a hint.... They have been consistent with what they have been saying compared to twitters and other board.

The Mullen stuff never had the traction that many assumed (or hoped for in some cases maybe?). Talked about it a month ago in this thread, but coaches are very transparent and honest when speaking with their peers about jobs and similar stuff... Mullen was pretty open multiple times that he had zero desire to be on Bama's staff. You don't go spreading that type of stuff around behind doors unless you really don't want to be on Bama's staff.

The flip side of that is, when a guy does want a spot elsewhere, they will often times let that be known too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom