| FTBL UA Coordinator/coaching changesā€” SPLIT into offensive and defensive threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should I pinch myself now or later? Golding AND BoB are a thing of the past now. Thank you Ole Miss and New England šŸ™šŸ™

There are people in FCS that could do a good jobā€¦ Kirby began at. Valdosta Stateā€¦ Go get North Dakota St. OCā€¦A hungry aggressive Good developer and teacher with the talent we haveā€¦ we would have limitless potential.

PG had a top defense at UTSA but he was never able to duplicate that at BAMA and people started clamoring for his job. in 2017 BAMA was #1 defense and UTSA was 8th.

Last edited:
PG had a top defense at UTSA but he was never able to duplicate that at BAMA and people started clamoring for his job. in 2017 BAMA was #1 defense and UTSA was 8th.
Golding ran the secondary everywhere he had coached until Bama.. Saban forced him to coach ilbs.. Saban shouldve adjusted that mistake soonerā€¦Golding shouldā€™ve never agreed to coach that position ā€¦IMO a coach should coach the position he played and excelled atā€¦

Iā€™m not a Mullen fan, but he did light our ass up in that SEC CG in 2020 with Trask throwing the ball. We had no answers when he was focused. Problem is, heā€™s seldom focused on the right things.
Dowsntl
This has to be a trollā€¦please tell me itā€™s a trollā€¦

Here's the thing... @TerryP @Brandon Van de Graaff will drop a hint before the news catches a wind.... and they will give us a hint.... They have been consistent with what they have been saying compared to twitters and other board.

It will w interesting to see what he can do @ Ole Miss running his offense instead of someone else's.

Golding ran the secondary everywhere he had coached until Bama.. Saban forced him to coach ilbs.. Saban shouldve adjusted that mistake soonerā€¦Golding shouldā€™ve never agreed to coach that position ā€¦IMO a coach should coach the position he played and excelled atā€¦
So you're saying they weren't "in phase", as coaching goes?
;)

What about someone who has never played ? Should they be able to coach at all ?

Edit : I think if a person has an understanding of the defense and what every persons responsibility is on the defense it doesnā€™t matter that much. But everyone must coach the same thing or people are out if position. A coach can only teach a player where to be , its up to the player at some point to execute the defense.

Last edited:
Golding ran the secondary everywhere he had coached until Bama.. Saban forced him to coach ilbs.. Saban shouldve adjusted that mistake soonerā€¦Golding shouldā€™ve never agreed to coach that position ā€¦IMO

a coach should coach the position he played and excelled atā€¦
A coach should coach the position he played and excelled at? <---------

A coach should coach the position he played and excelled at? <---------
Yes.. Golding was a secondary player.. Then he coached secondary or D backs all of his career before bamaā€¦. he was just not keen to coaching important techniques to linebackersā€¦ The proof was in the productā€¦ Insidesā€™ production went downā€¦ A position coach should have CRED in the position he coachesā€¦Then his players will take his lead betterā€¦.I wide out should NOT coach oline (ect).. thatā€™s just my feelings..

Last edited:
So you're saying they weren't "in phase", as coaching goes?
;)
Iā€™ll take your wordšŸ˜‰ā€¦I think Golding was not in his area of expertiseā€¦A linebacker wants to be coached by a linebackerā€¦because then that coach has CRED in his players mindsā€¦

Yes.. Golding was a secondary player.. Then he coached secondary or D backs all of his career before bamaā€¦. he was just not keen to coaching important techniques to linebackersā€¦ The proof was in the productā€¦ Insidesā€™ production went downā€¦ A position coach should have CRED in the position he coachesā€¦Then his players will take his lead betterā€¦.I wide out should NOT coach oline (ect).. thatā€™s just my feelings..
Saban played defensive back as well though.

You know Pruitt coached secondary until his last year with Bama before he left, and he coached ILB.

To be OC or DC, you have to get an experience understanding how each position works. DC should be able to coach LBs/Secondary. OC should be able to coach QB. IMO, WR, OL, TE requires a dedicated coach . Defense requires a dedicated coach, but DC if he knows the scheme is based on his LB, then they should be able to coach LB and get them to see things from coaching perspective.

However, whoever the DC is this time... I get a feeling the DC will be coaching secondary... We'll have dedicated coaches at ILB/OLB.

What about someone who has never played ? Should they be able to coach at all ?

Edit : I think if a person has an understanding of the defense and what every persons responsibility is on the defense it doesnā€™t matter that much. But everyone must coach the same thing or people are out if position. A coach can only teach a player where to be , its up to the player at some point to execute the defense.
It is possibleā€¦I guess a peace activist could teach spec ops guys some thingsā€¦ would rather have someone thatā€™s been in those trenches teaching me the ins and outs..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom