| FTBL Two UA players plead not quilty

I'm sorry, but both of those guys need to be removed from the team.

Especially Upchurch:
The officer told Upchurch that he would call UA head football coach Nick Saban, to which Upchurch replied “F--- him and f—y’all, he didn’t care,” the officer wrote. When another officer asked him to calm down, he said “UAPD officers don’t mean s--- to him”, the officer wrote.

This is a total disregard for authority, and I would prefer elements like this not be associated with Alabama Athletics.

The officer told Upchurch that he would call UA head football coach Nick Saban, to which Upchurch replied “F--- him and f—y’all, he didn’t care,” the officer wrote. When another officer asked him to calm down, he said “UAPD officers don’t mean s--- to him”, the officer wrote.

LOL! :lol: Yeah, we'll see.

This has to stop, and do they have to keep using the f-word when responding to officers?! That to me is just as troubling as anything else. Can we have some respect for authority and talk in a decent manner?

I don't know that I'd go so far to kick them off the team (except for Upchurch), but if I were Saban I would sit them out a few...seriously. :x

I just hope this rash of arrests comes to an end for awhile, what are these guys thinking how can we talk smack about Tennessee if they are getting arrested.

But really such a disregard or respect for authority can't be overlooked so lightly as was SC's offense. Be interesting to see what Sabans corrective measures were come this season. These are the type of attitudes we definitely don't have a use for no matter what the talent level is.

I hadn't read that stuff before. If Upchurch really had the audacity to say those things and act the way he did, he has no business on the team. AND, if he really did do all those things, how could he even begin to think of pleading not guilty?!?!?

:evil: :?

That steams me a little. I thought all this stuff would be over with Saban. I imagine some of these trouble makers will be weeded out as time progresses; I just wish time would progress a little quicker.

Hmm.... thats some of that Florida attitude that gets these Nole, Gator and Canes kids in trouble. I might make all of them sit for an undisclosed amount of time. Make them go through practice like everyone else, but you can kiss playing goodbye until its Oct. But, everything with Saban is undisclosed. I'm sure there were some heavy conversation behind closed doors in the football building and then some.

We will see.

Looks like it's time to:

knotts.gif

Nip it in the bud!

Bamadrill said:
Lock down the whole team and that will solve the problem. Mass punishment works wonders.
Sound like my old drill. If one of us screw up,then we all pay for it. That way the guy that screw up well let just say blanket party.

When you compare what those 3 did compared to what SC did, there is no comparison.

I think Upchurch should be off the team. We don't need that kind of disregard for authority.

rick4bama said:
Bamadrill said:
Lock down the whole team and that will solve the problem. Mass punishment works wonders.
Sound like my old drill. If one of us screw up,then we all pay for it. That way the guy that screw up well let just say blanket party.

Blanket Party - always reminds me of "Full Metal Jacket". That's such an intense movie.

It's Mike Shula's fault. No, wait, it's George Bush's fault. No, I'm sorry, this happened because of global warming or it may be the Miami media's fault. It can't be Logan Young's fault so maybe Mike Dubose? Oh that's right, it is the TPD's fault!

I am sorry, I know all of that sounded ridiculous but I bet there are all kinds of "excuses" floating around but I am glad they are not being used on this forum. It's time that these guys grow the heck up! There are guys over in Iraq that are the same ages as these clowns putting their life on the line every day for their country. It's time that someone reminded these guys that, at some point in life, you have to take accountability for your actions. I hope that whatever happens, the punishment is swift and severe.

Wasn't this incident caught on video? If so, how in the world can they claim "not guilty"?

Please kick these idiots off the team. They are absolute thugs according to what I have read. These kids are a disgrace. Upchurch had to be pepper sprayed because he was being such a "hard ass". I would make an example out of them.

Back
Top Bottom