| FTBL Two UA players plead not quilty

bamafan4ever said:
It's Mike Shula's fault. No, wait, it's George Bush's fault. No, I'm sorry, this happened because of global warming or it may be the Miami media's fault. It can't be Logan Young's fault so maybe Mike Dubose? Oh that's right, it is the TPD's fault!

I am sorry, I know all of that sounded ridiculous but I bet there are all kinds of "excuses" floating around but I am glad they are not being used on this forum. It's time that these guys grow the heck up! There are guys over in Iraq that are the same ages as these clowns putting their life on the line every day for their country. It's time that someone reminded these guys that, at some point in life, you have to take accountability for your actions. I hope that whatever happens, the punishment is swift and severe.

Wasn't this incident caught on video? If so, how in the world can they claim "not guilty"?

Great post G!

bamafan4ever said:
It's Mike Shula's fault. No, wait, it's George Bush's fault. No, I'm sorry, this happened because of global warming or it may be the Miami media's fault. It can't be Logan Young's fault so maybe Mike Dubose? Oh that's right, it is the TPD's fault!

I am sorry, I know all of that sounded ridiculous but I bet there are all kinds of "excuses" floating around but I am glad they are not being used on this forum. It's time that these guys grow the heck up! There are guys over in Iraq that are the same ages as these clowns putting their life on the line every day for their country. It's time that someone reminded these guys that, at some point in life, you have to take accountability for your actions. I hope that whatever happens, the punishment is swift and severe.

Wasn't this incident caught on video? If so, how in the world can they claim "not guilty"?

Actually I don't think that was ridiculous at all. There were probably some people thinking similar things that are now too embarrassed to post them :lol: .

Unfortunately, the weeding out process is not complete and there may be a few more instances before it is. Now, I don't include SC in this group, but there are still a lot of players who are used to the discipline tacticts of the previous coaching staff and are a little slow to learn. What they fail to realize is that they are not "Nick's Kids". He didn't recruit them, he had no previous bond with them, and if they give him reason I don't believe he will hesitate in cutting them loose. We may never know the details, but I believe there will be consequences for every player's actions. I for one am fine with that.

I don't know if any of you heard about it, but today a USC player left the team. Pete Carroll was quoted as saying,"He was asked to leave the team because it was for the best and that's it." I think Coach Saban will handle his discipline in a similar way. If someone has to go they will, and the details will be kept "in the family". I'm okay with that. JMO

Considering we're hearing only one side of the story, and considering that as of now, both these guys are still in practice (read: on the team), I suggest we reserve judgment until we know all the facts.

bamafan4ever said:

You left out the main culprit....Auburn. :wink:

BamaDelta said:
bamafan4ever said:

Well, he forgot to mention that the cop is probably an Aub! :D

BamaDelta said:
bamafan4ever said:

Well, if I am ever late for an appointment while on the road, I bet you can't guess who's fault it is?

You guessed it!

delta%20airlines.jpg

*The airline toward the back of the picture is the correct answer. :wink:

I completely agree with you guys. His actions were completely uncalled for. You do not speak to authority figures that way and show total disrespect for your coach and team mates by your actions.

From what I just read there and this is the first I have heard of it, I think he should be dismissed from the team.

Bama Bo said:
I'm sorry, but both of those guys need to be removed from the team.

Especially Upchurch:
The officer told Upchurch that he would call UA head football coach Nick Saban, to which Upchurch replied “F--- him and f—y’all, he didn’t care,” the officer wrote. When another officer asked him to calm down, he said “UAPD officers don’t mean s--- to him”, the officer wrote.

This is a total disregard for authority, and I would prefer elements like this not be associated with Alabama Athletics.

All I know is that if I were Nick Saban, and I found out that Upchurch said, "F--- him" about me, I'd have him doing bear crawls until he wanted to quit the team himself.

Have any of you seen upchurch's myspace page??? the f word is used more than any other word thats on there. no I don't have a link anymore, but its pretty easy to find.

Back
Top Bottom