| FTBL Tuberville --> TAMU discussion.

crimsontradition14 said:
This is going to have to affect the game this weekend. Hopefully this may be the break we needed.
I certainly hope we aren't depending on a coaching change that may not occur to help the team. We need to help ourselves.

And personally, if I were an Auburn fan I'd be wetting my britches about Tubby leaving. Any way you cut it, no matter who you like, he's a really good coach.

Proud Tiger said:
TerryP said:
PT, I'll add this one thought. I hope, IF Tubs ends up leaving you don't hire Petrino. It has nothing to do with his coaching ability. It has everything to do with the way he runs a program.

I know for a fact that offering cash for recruits happened at Louisville. Not through just one player, not through just one source. And, not just players that happened to be a player we pursued. (I'll let you put two and two together on that one.)

I know of two players, and know this directly from a couple of sources I have with a very well known school on the left coast, that those two players were offered 15K to sign with Louisville.

Bottom line, if you see a move towards Petrino you might want to hold your breath.

Terry, we are in 110% agreement on this one. I have no need for any "man" who is willing to stab a former friend in the back. I assure you I will use my whole ounce of influence to stop any move ever to get Petrino. In fact I have used every opportunity to express that opinion ever since Petrinogate.

PT, do you think Petrino learned how to spread the cash after arriving at Louisville, or does he have a track record of "keeping it down home, cuz"?

RTR,

Tim

It Takes Eleven said:
Proud Tiger said:
TerryP said:
PT, I'll add this one thought. I hope, IF Tubs ends up leaving you don't hire Petrino. It has nothing to do with his coaching ability. It has everything to do with the way he runs a program.

I know for a fact that offering cash for recruits happened at Louisville. Not through just one player, not through just one source. And, not just players that happened to be a player we pursued. (I'll let you put two and two together on that one.)

I know of two players, and know this directly from a couple of sources I have with a very well known school on the left coast, that those two players were offered 15K to sign with Louisville.

Bottom line, if you see a move towards Petrino you might want to hold your breath.

Terry, we are in 110% agreement on this one. I have no need for any "man" who is willing to stab a former friend in the back. I assure you I will use my whole ounce of influence to stop any move ever to get Petrino. In fact I have used every opportunity to express that opinion ever since Petrinogate.

PT, do you think Petrino learned how to spread the cash after arriving at Louisville, or does he have a track record of "keeping it down home, cuz"?

RTR,

Tim

Petrino did not just devise the idea...he had good on-the-job training at a previous stop.

Didn't he coach for an ex-Alabama coach?

I have no knowledge on the situations you two are referring to, but I am guessing it was either there or the other college?

So is Arkansas fires Nutt, and;
Ol' Miss first Oregano or Orangejello or however he spells his name, and;
Miles bolts to Michigan;
then might not LSU look at Tubberville and see a chance to get a guy who offers both success against Bama and the opportunity to make Auburn join the list of SEC west schools that are having to start over with a new coach?

Tubberville would inherit a program in good condition, be able to stick it to Auburn for years to come, and not have to recruit in state with Saban.

Just the rumor of that might force Texas A&M to pay more, for they don't want to play the cheep guy and end up having to recruit against Tubberville at LSU.

By the way, this would make Saban the second longest tenured coach in the west.

Proud Tiger said:
TerryP said:
You probably remember the delusional Bama fans thread over on tf early in November last year? The same source that told me about Saban is stating emphatically A&M's offer is in Sexton's hands. I hadn't spoken with him in several months until he called earlier this afternoon.

Is your source willing to bet $100? I still have no takers. :D

Considering it would be a conflict of interest and and considered an ethical violation, no. :D

Just like you've seen me mention here PT. When you hear "contract talks" that'll be the day, and not sooner, that it'll be worth watching. Hell, I didn't even bring up the matter yesterday...it came up in a round about way talking about one of our '08 class and his potential impact.

Back
Top Bottom