| FTBL Tuberville --> TAMU discussion.

Proud Tiger said:
TerryP said:
You have to admit, freely and readily, obsession with another team's coach is defined on the "other" forum.

Sure I admit that but you have to admit that:
1. There are far more Bama posters on boards like WEN and LSU Tiger Forums than there are rival fans posting here and that makes for more inteplay. Heck your old friend BamaGrad03 is one of the most prolific posters on WEN and keeps the pot stirred.

2. Saban, like it or not, gets a lot more media attention (and hence the sometimes negative publicity that goes with it) than Tubs because of the high profile manner in which Saban was hired. You guys may have realistic expectations of Saban in his first yesr or two but much of the rest of the country expects him to win all the time because of all the publicity about his salary. There at lest 10 Bama posters on WEN who post on almost a daily basis.
In fact most of them post a lot more than I do on WEN. Even your friend Argo here posts more on WEN than I do lately.

3. I only teased about the obsession with Tub's leaving because many here say Auburn is obsessed with Bama when the truth is both sides are obsessed with news about the other and love the smack talk they can do annonymously on rival's boards.

I recall the username Bamagrad03 but haven't a clue who he is.

FWIW, I've never been over to this WEN that you speak of. I assume, based on the acronym, it's wareaglenation? I may not fit the bill when it comes to posting on rival forums. Thinking back, I can only recall a few rival forums I've participated on since sports forums birthed. Brett, over on Tigerforums, and I talked quite a bit when that site was started and even recently we've talked about different things he can do to improve the site. Besides that site, the only other one I've posted on this year is wearesc.com. Again, by one of the people that were the original planners of that format.

As to the media and its attention being more on Saban than Tubs, it has a lot more, a WHOLE lot more to do with just the way he was hired.

Alpha, surely you don't believe in Thanksgiving! :lol:

Alpha Male....That is truly masterful spin :D
Fact is there were so many threads started by Bama fans on WEN (or AUN if you like) that a seperate forum was created a few months ago called Rival's Forum. A quote from a Bama poster in the regular FB forum there this morning...."First off know that I enjoy posting on AUN. I know we have differing opinions, but it's good to have a place where this many Tigers and Tiders can co-exist, huh?" To bad all posters can't share that attitude.

Terry....I guess I erroneously assumed WEN was the "other" board you referred to. Some of your comrades can tell you more about BamaGrad03 and his background than I can.

Proud Tiger said:
Fact is there were so many threads started by Bama fans on WEN that a seperate forum was created a few months ago called Rival's Forum.

If that were true I'd be a liar, not a spinster. Go to AUN's rival board right now. Not one topic out of the 25 on the first page were started by a BAMA fan.

Alpha Male... I don't think I said a lot of posts were started by Bama posters although typically a fair number are (most are not dumb like you and me and posting on boards today :D ). But you will agree , I hope, that there a a heck of a lot more posts over there by Bama fans than there are by Auburn fans here. That was the point I intended to make.

Proud Tiger said:
Alpha Male... I don't think I said a lot of posts were started by Bama posters although typically a fair number are (most are not dumb like you and me and posting on boards today :D ). But you will agree , I hope, that there a a heck of a lot more posts over there by Bama fans than there are by Auburn fans here. That was the point I intended to make.

Un uh...who is the spinster now?

Proud Tiger said:
Fact is there were so many threads started by Bama fans on WEN that a seperate forum was created a few months ago called Rival's Forum.

Quite the bold spinster too.

I conceded the point that there are more BAMA posters there. The reason there are more BAMA posters is a direct result of the inordinate amount of BAMA topics started by barners.

AlaphaMale said:
Proud Tiger said:

Un uh...who is the spinster now?

Proud Tiger said:

Quite the bold spinster too.

I conceded the point that there are more BAMA posters there. The reason there are more BAMA posters is a direct result of the inordinate amount of BAMA topics.

I learn fast. You are a good teacher :D
I hereby nominate you for Sports Illustrated's Turkey of the Year list (you have company there). :D :D

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0711/2007.turkey/content.2.html

Now this is beyond spin. This is diversion.

It's obvious you're not at all obsessed with CNS. This is only the second time you've brought him up in threads having nothing to do with him.

AlaphaMale said:
Now this is beyond spin. This is diversion.

It's obvious you're not at all obsessed with CNS. This is only the second time you've brought him up in threads having nothing to do with him.

Yeah you're right. It did start out as a thread about Tubs didn't it?

Enough my friend, I'm outta here and hope you find something better to do also. Have a great rest of the day!!!!!

Proud Tiger said:
porkchop said:
Tuberville wants out and Auburn is not going to try to stop him.

That's been my thought for a while now, given what we hear regarding Tubby's situation at AU. There seems to be this tug of war going on with him at AU. Half the fanbase loves him, the other half would rather see him gone. Half the money people have tried to replace him already (see Petrino-Gate) and half of them want him there. The whole relationship seems to be a love/hate type of thing almost to the point where one is trying to do the best they can to spite the other.

If either backed out in the end it wouldn't come as a shock to a lot of people I think. I think Tubberville would love nothing more than to stick it to Lowder and company while at the same time, Lowder and company would love nothing more than to be rid of Tubberville. But each wants to have the last laugh in the matter.

If you really had any insight into Auburn matters you would know that there isn't any lasting friction between Lowder and Tubs. As I have posted here before, McWhorter is the BOT that is the problem. If you remember he was the BOT on the plane to Louisville. You can point out all day long that it was Lowder's plane but I can counter that the plane was used regularly for lots of reasons just like PB Jr.'s plane is. So take it or leave as truth, but Lowder is not the problem. Fortunately McWhorter goes off the BOT in February so he is currently a lame duck.

I would also ask if you have a poll or some shred of evidence that Auburn fans are split 50/50 in their like of Tubs or are you just pulling numbers out of the air.

First of all, I don't have any real insight into the Au program, nor do I care to. I'm just basing my comments off of perception. Sometimes perception is reality though and if you're going to sit here and say that Tubs/Au don't have problems you're living in a dream world. Tubberville wouldn't even be there right now had your boys had not *****ed up the Petrino thing so royally. I guess you'll spin that too though.

As far as my numbers and the 50/50 thing goes, don't try and play cute. You know what I mean. Like it or not Tubbs isn't universally loved by your people and if he could be gotten rid of I would wager that a good number of AU fans would be lining up offering to help in the process. As far as my "evidence" for this all a person has to do is listen to AU fans talk about the guy. And one of the best places to witness it is on your own forums.

PT, I'll add this one thought. I hope, IF Tubs ends up leaving you don't hire Petrino. It has nothing to do with his coaching ability. It has everything to do with the way he runs a program.

I know for a fact that offering cash for recruits happened at Louisville. Not through just one player, not through just one source. And, not just players that happened to be a player we pursued. (I'll let you put two and two together on that one.)

I know of two players, and know this directly from a couple of sources I have with a very well known school on the left coast, that those two players were offered 15K to sign with Louisville.

Bottom line, if you see a move towards Petrino you might want to hold your breath.

TerryP said:
PT, I'll add this one thought. I hope, IF Tubs ends up leaving you don't hire Petrino. It has nothing to do with his coaching ability. It has everything to do with the way he runs a program.

I know for a fact that offering cash for recruits happened at Louisville. Not through just one player, not through just one source. And, not just players that happened to be a player we pursued. (I'll let you put two and two together on that one.)

I know of two players, and know this directly from a couple of sources I have with a very well known school on the left coast, that those two players were offered 15K to sign with Louisville.

Bottom line, if you see a move towards Petrino you might want to hold your breath.

Terry, we are in 110% agreement on this one. I have no need for any "man" who is willing to stab a former friend in the back. I assure you I will use my whole ounce of influence to stop any move ever to get Petrino. In fact I have used every opportunity to express that opinion ever since Petrinogate.

Proud Tiger said:
TerryP said:

Terry, we are in 110% agreement on this one. I have no need for any "man" who is willing to stab a former friend in the back. I assure you I will use my whole ounce of influence to stop any move ever to get Petrino. In fact I have used every opportunity to express that opinion ever since Petrinogate.

You probably remember the delusional Bama fans thread over on tf early in November last year? The same source that told me about Saban is stating emphatically A&M's offer is in Sexton's hands. I hadn't spoken with him in several months until he called earlier this afternoon.

TerryP said:
Proud Tiger said:
TerryP said:

You probably remember the delusional Bama fans thread over on tf early in November last year? The same source that told me about Saban is stating emphatically A&M's offer is in Sexton's hands. I hadn't spoken with him in several months until he called earlier this afternoon.

The souse is loose.

Corroborated.

TerryP said:

Is your source willing to bet $100? I still have no takers. :D

Proud Tiger said:
TerryP said:

Nobody knows what is going to happen.

There is a 100% chance that Tuberville is interested and has received an initial offer from TAMU. That does not mean he IS leaving, only that there is ongoing dialog. The result of the Georgia game was a side effect of the TAMU situation - just like the IB game was for us in 2002. Reports of Tuberville being disinterested in the game this week are interesting. He really looks to be pulling a Fran. I mean...you have players watching youtube videos to get celebratory dances, and bragging about it to the media.

If we beat you this weekend, the writing is on the wall.

Proud Tiger said:
TerryP said:

I'll back Big Fans "souse" if they don't want to themselves. Payable to Big Fans church right?

Your call..... :D

billfish said:
Proud Tiger said:
TerryP said:

I'll back Big Fans "souse" if they don't want to themselves. Payable to Big Fans church right?

Your call..... :D

Maybe you missed it but I have already indicated I would do that. Are you agreeing to do the same? If so we are on.

Back
Top Bottom