| FTBL Transfer Portal Entrants And News—

I heard a rumor (they are flying around like bees this week) on the radio that Miami is trying to put together an NIL deal for Dallas Turner. I don't doubt at all that teams are recruiting players that haven't entered the portal yet, but still I think that is dirty tactics. It's one thing if you let the kid make up his own mind about transferring, but trying to influence a kid is low down. That's just my opinion.

I heard a rumor (they are flying around like bees this week) on the radio that Miami is trying to put together an NIL deal for Dallas Turner. I don't doubt at all that teams are recruiting players that haven't entered the portal yet, but still I think that is dirty tactics. It's one thing if you let the kid make up his own mind about transferring, but trying to influence a kid is low down. That's just my opinion.

They gotta find a way to fund that $100M wishlist facility as well. Miami must have some massive pockets for everything they fork out, the NIL deals they are/have working, and how their coaching carousel has been.

I'm hoping it's a rumor. The purpose of the portal is to let schools know that a player is interested in transfering and it gives a school permission to contact. Contacting players who aren't in the portal is "supposed" to be against NCAA rules. I'm not saying schools follow the rules, but if discovered, they could be in for some hefty penalties.

Neuheisel reported it on his show. Wouldn't shock me if the Justin Flowe kid ended up at Miami with a deal too. There's all sorts of tampering going on... it's a no rules/no laws enforced situation that is spiraling out of control. Even some assistant coaches that are on the move (or looking to move) are wanting NIL fund assurances to work with at potential landing spots. This stuff is ridiculous and way out of hand.

Neuheisel reported it on his show. Wouldn't shock me if the Justin Flowe kid ended up at Miami with a deal too. There's all sorts of tampering going on... it's a no rules/no laws enforced situation that is spiraling out of control. Even some assistant coaches that are on the move (or looking to move) are wanting NIL fund assurances to work with at potential landing spots. This stuff is ridiculous and way out of hand.

Correction. He supposedly said it was a rumor, assuming this is true, not sure.

How does the portal affect the annual signing limit? Do the players recruited in the portal count against the 25 allowed? What happens if a team loses 19 players in the portal like the Aggies apparently will? If they turn around and sign 10 players from the portal are they limited to signing 15 more regular high school recruits (ignoring the blue shirt, gray shirt and any other kind of shirt rules)? Seems kind of unfair if so because a team could lose 20 to the portal and 15 more to graduation/draft and be down 10 scholarship players if they are only allowed to sign 25. Just got to wondering about it as I keep reading about the number of guys entering the portal.

How does the portal affect the annual signing limit? Do the players recruited in the portal count against the 25 allowed? What happens if a team loses 19 players in the portal like the Aggies apparently will? If they turn around and sign 10 players from the portal are they limited to signing 15 more regular high school recruits (ignoring the blue shirt, gray shirt and any other kind of shirt rules)? Seems kind of unfair if so because a team could lose 20 to the portal and 15 more to graduation/draft and be down 10 scholarship players if they are only allowed to sign 25. Just got to wondering about it as I keep reading about the number of guys entering the portal.
Sign as many as you want as long as you don't exceed the 85 total scholarships

The transfer portal is about to get even wilder when the NCAA allows players to transfer multiple times.

Tampering with players is against NCAA rules. They need to do something about it and nail a few teams to the wall. Just because players can make money doesn't mean there are not rules around it at all.
There are rules...and then there are enforcement rules...
Win now...let the rulers figure it out later...

Its gonna get worse...

Just imagine all great players that developed in G-5 conferences....
Will be just a practice squad for money boys

Back
Top Bottom