| FTBL Transfer Portal Entrants And News—

I should add, for many of them that bad advice is coming in the form of bad faith advice from their own coaches.
Along the same lines ... but gonna change the subject a little.

We've talked about the influence seen from star rankings out of the recruiting services. You, or anyone for that matter, can play devil's advocate and downplay how seeing "I'm a 5 star" can have a direct effect on expectations and commitment.

I mention that to say this ...

Now that On3 has ventured into the NIL era with their monetary evaluations on how much a player is worth, consider we're seeing part two of the influence these sites can have.

Where does the difference lie?

A kid, who needs two years to develop believes his 5-star ranking. That leads to discontent, the refusal to acknowledge "I'm not as good as I believe I am," and ultimately pursuing the "grass is greener" side of football.

Or, the kid who sees a site values him at 500K when he's getting 100k today. That leads to discontent, the refusal to acknowledge "I'm not as good as I believe I am," and ultimately pursuing the "I want more green" side of football.

I'll postulate sites like On3, 247, Rivals, and others have had as much of a heavy hand on where we're seeing CFB go as anyone.

Along the same lines ... but gonna change the subject a little.

We've talked about the influence seen from star rankings out of the recruiting services. You, or anyone for that matter, can play devil's advocate and downplay how seeing "I'm a 5 star" can have a direct effect on expectations and commitment.

I mention that to say this ...

Now that On3 has ventured into the NIL era with their monetary evaluations on how much a player is worth, consider we're seeing part two of the influence these sites can have.

Where does the difference lie?

A kid, who needs two years to develop believes his 5-star ranking. That leads to discontent, the refusal to acknowledge "I'm not as good as I believe I am," and ultimately pursuing the "grass is greener" side of football.

Or, the kid who sees a site values him at 500K when he's getting 100k today. That leads to discontent, the refusal to acknowledge "I'm not as good as I believe I am," and ultimately pursuing the "I want more green" side of football.

I'll postulate sites like On3, 247, Rivals, and others have had as much of a heavy hand on where we're seeing CFB go as anyone.

You ain't wrong. Read on Rivals yesterday where their guys were applauding the portal and NIL in that it's got college football at it's greatest point ever. Had one guy say college football as a whole feels down, but others stating it's better than it's ever been. Clearly they're onboard because it gives them more content. Recruiting interest has faded in my eyes over the years, then Early Signing Day came creating interest as it's around the holidays and something new. Now that Late Signing Day has become boring due to Early Signing Day and so many more big time early enrollees, the Portal and NIL are the new hottest things. So yes, they are all gonna plug the heck out of it because it keeps them employed.

And yes, sadly these fat ass arm chair quarterback guys opinion and website carries some weight with the self fulfilling nature of athletes and general society today.

College football died at the end of 2021. I hate it for all you young guys. I consider myself lucky to have seen it all. I didn't watch a play of Bama vs the Cow College and it didn't bother me at all. The incoming player recruiting pool is ruining the game but then again, they ruin everything they touch, and it is already documented for you.
Neither did I watch it. Trying to wean myself off of it because of the ruin imposed on the game through NIL and transfer portal. Hoping it will be less painful little by little...

Neither did I watch it. Trying to wean myself off of it because of the ruin imposed on the game through NIL and transfer portal. Hoping it will be less painful little by little...
I watched, but I have gone a different route in weaning myself from the game I have loved for so long. I didn’t bother to renew my season tickets. I went 6 years straight when I graduated, took a period of 7 years away and then had been a season ticket holder since ‘07. This isn’t the game I love.

I watched, but I have gone a different route in weaning myself from the game I have loved for so long. I didn’t bother to renew my season tickets. I went 6 years straight when I graduated, took a period of 7 years away and then had been a season ticket holder since ‘07. This isn’t the game I love.

Going through the decision in my head now about my tickets next year. The whole money grab that is college football really made me mad when we renovated our stadium. They may get one more year out of me so I can see us play Texas and LSU one more time at home, but it wouldn't take much in the next few months for me to let go either.

Please keep giving up your tickets. I know quite a few people who will pony up to take them.
Would only be A club members getting mine. I’ll be honest, the wife is a diabetic and where we park is almost a mile to the stadium. A brisk walk causes a massive drop in her blood sugar levels. It’s just easier to sit on the couch and watch on a big screen tv, pause the action, go to fridge or take a leak, or do both. The NIL stuff just adds to my frustration.

Would only be A club members getting mine. I’ll be honest, the wife is a diabetic and where we park is almost a mile to the stadium. A brisk walk causes a massive drop in her blood sugar levels. It’s just easier to sit on the couch and watch on a big screen tv, pause the action, go to fridge or take a leak, or do both. The NIL stuff just adds to my frustration.
We’ve had the same discussions about giving up our tickets. College football’s just not the same game and we’re getting long in the tooth. More importantly our kids are nowhere near as passionate about Bama football as we are and have been since the 60’s. For the first time in a very long time we had folks turn down some of the tickets we offered them this season. That’s not to say no one wanted them, just our old standby’s.

@Davestwin
@UAgrad93
@BamaFan334
@rocknthefreeworld

Well...every year we have same discussions about season tics...the going to games almost every weekend .....the cost ...(. $5000) ..the travel..(.4 hours from here to BD)...
The crap games ( chattanooga...mercers..utah states..etc)...rv getting old n needs replaced... the damn noise paraded as music blasting over loud speakers...the commercial breaks....
....we dont do away games anymore...they were fun..but expensive...
Our old crowd we partied and cookout and camped with have given it up...
But taken so many of my kids..g kids...ggkids to games...

But its still an awesome way to spend a beautiful fall afternoon...6-7 times a year...
After hundred plus games in Saban era alone... its still fun...exciting....the half mile walk to stadium...watching so many kids going to first game...or coeds trying to out-skin each other..or house's decorated up ... and Tuscaloosa and atmoshphere around BD is so well managed...( ms50+ still pissed they took all shopping away)...safe...clean

What a way to spend a day!!!!!!!! And 45 other weekends to do something else..

The time will come to give up tickets.... i guess.... but....
Not going to let nil...or portal...make that decision for me...its a great era...enjoy
Roll tide

Back
Top Bottom