| FTBL Transfer Portal Entrants And News—

There's a million more, I literally could post one of these people for every hour of the day today. Free agency is upon us.

And a lot of them are getting bad advice or acting on poor instincts/emotion. The more that enter, the more that are going to get left standing when the musical chairs game concludes in the summer...

And a lot of them are getting bad advice or acting on poor instincts/emotion. The more that enter, the more that are going to get left standing when the musical chairs game concludes in the summer...
I have no problem with a guy wanting a better opportunity for himself, especially when it comes to an Fcs guy wanting to transfer to a big time FBS program. But it's clear that pretty soon, it's just going to absolute madness if it's not contained. Especially when it comes to just straight up buying a player out, I'm for Nil.... but that shit is ridiculous. Especially to smaller schools.

I have no problem with a guy wanting a better opportunity for himself, especially when it comes to an Fcs guy wanting to transfer to a big time FBS program. But it's clear that pretty soon, it's just going to absolute madness if it's not contained. Especially when it comes to just straight up buying a player out, I'm for Nil.... but that shit is ridiculous. Especially to smaller schools.
It's already madness...I absolutely hate this shit...

The biggest problem so far is lack of enforcement of the existing rules. Pay to play is against NCAA rules and the laws of many states. Enticement prior to a player entering the portal is against NCAA rules. The list goes on and on.

@rocknthefreeworld this years no one is enforce anything! It won't be long before college will be a semi pro teams.
And that is the problem. NIL and the transfer portal can work OK after an adjustment period, but not when the few rules in place are not even considered suggestions by most schools and players and the NCAA doesn't care at all. Letting the player unionize would have lead to better enforcement than this.

And that is the problem. NIL and the transfer portal can work OK after an adjustment period, but not when the few rules in place are not even considered suggestions by most schools and players and the NCAA doesn't care at all. Letting the player unionize would have lead to better enforcement than this.
Player unionization would eliminate everything but the P5 teams. G5, D2 and D3 schools won’t be able to compensate the players.

The other issue is, once you're in the portal, I don't think schools have to honor the scholarship anymore. IF they give it to someone else, you could be told there's nowhere left to come back to now. Lot of these guys think they can shop around and get a better deal at their school if they return.

So many of these kids are getting some bad advice as @Brandon Van de Graaff said earlier. We’ll have thousands enter the portal only to not find a landing spot at a “better fit” like they think is in the cards.

I should add, for many of them that bad advice is coming in the form of bad faith advice from their own coaches.

The other issue is, once you're in the portal, I don't think schools have to honor the scholarship anymore. IF they give it to someone else, you could be told there's nowhere left to come back to now. Lot of these guys think they can shop around and get a better deal at their school if they return.

One interesting dynamic in play, and it pairs some with what I said above, at some schools these coaches need the players to transfer if they think they may quit. There's a lot more 4 year scholarships out there these days... if a guy quits 1 year in and stays enrolled, he eats up a spot on the 85 (and the money). If he is talked into transferring... problem solved.

One interesting dynamic in play, and it pairs some with what I said above, at some schools these coaches need the players to transfer if they think they may quit. There's a lot more 4 year scholarships out there these days... if a guy quits 1 year in and stays enrolled, he eats up a spot on the 85 (and the money). If he is talked into transferring... problem solved.
I don't think it works that way. If you stop playing due to a medical, you stay on scholarship (or it may be converted to an academic scholarship). If you quit to quit, you're not fulfilling your commitment and you don't keep the scholarship.

I don't think it works that way. If you stop playing due to a medical, you stay on scholarship (or it may be converted to an academic scholarship). If you quit to quit, you're not fulfilling your commitment and you don't keep the scholarship.

Thought so as well. And maybe it’s semantics in the way they “quit” but people who should know are saying it happens.

This is correct, you can either medical and convert to academic. If you're not honoring your scholarship whether it be because of academic reasons, quitting, or entering the portal the school is not obligated to keep your scholarship going. I did some research on it, and as soon as you enter your scholarship is forfeited with your current school.

Back
Top Bottom