| FTBL Transfer Portal Entrants And News—

The JoJo one hurts me. I thought he was going to be a special player here... Nagging injuries and maybe some incoming talent has been tough I suppose. The other's don't surprise me as much... Except, just 1 Brockermeyer?!

Brockermeyer twins are not able to compete, it's been discussed numerous times. They were both complete busts, them moving on just opens up more room for recruiting.

JoJo earle leaving is a bit odd, he was due to have a lot of playing time next year as a returning Junior. Maybe they're worried Milroe will be the QB and the O'brien offense will still be around.

Fellas, we had to lose some. It wasn't an option, it was math.

The JoJo one hurts me. I thought he was going to be a special player here... Nagging injuries and maybe some incoming talent has been tough I suppose. The other's don't surprise me as much... Except, just 1 Brockermeyer?!

All of these guys have had sit downs with their position coaches and some with Saban in the last week. They are told where they stand, basically their season evaluations, the path ahead, etc. In this case, even bothers make different choices on what is best for them.

Fellas, we had to lose some. It wasn't an option, it was math.

All of these guys have had sit downs with their position coaches and some with Saban in the last week. They are told where they stand, basically their season evaluations, the path ahead, etc. In this case, even bothers make different choices on what is best for them.
People tend to freak out over these things, but Alabama is going to be fine. We've got most of our starting receivers coming back, bringing in some good recruiter at the position as well, same for RB's, OL, and any other position on the field. Only thing I'm concerned with is the coaching staff.

We are going to see several more hit the portal. This is CNS’s MO. You never hear that a coach has been fired but has left for another opportunity. Same with players. I’m sure he has met with some and suggested they seek other opportunities because you can bet CNS is already looking at other players in the portal from other teams.

I’m curious about the one that so far remains. I’m betting he doesn’t have as many suitors because he wasn’t rated as high coming out of high school. Just my guess though. Maybe he stays because it’s Bama or no offers.

He wants to stay for now and staff wants him to stay.

Someone who is better with scholarship numbers break it down to me, what's our situation? After the signing class, will we be full again? Or still a bunch of spots?

I don't even try to keep up with it. Lots of others do, much more often than not they're still off (at least on specifics). I'd guess the 247 or On3 team sites have a running total guestimate somewhere on their pages.... Bottom line, it'll be at 85 links in August, but Saban makes the sausage.

I'm not so sure we couldn't stand to lose quite a few more, encourage a lot of them, even. Surely we can pull some winners out of the portal this year, though. I've been pretty disappointed with who we have gotten, other than Jamesis Williams. To'O To'O was ok, but never lived up to his hype IMO, and Harris was a huge disappointment.

I'm not so sure we couldn't stand to lose quite a few more, encourage a lot of them, even. Surely we can pull some winners out of the portal this year, though. I've been pretty disappointed with who we have gotten, other than Jamesis Williams. To'O To'O was ok, but never lived up to his hype IMO, and Harris was a huge disappointment.
Gibbs would've been amazing, if we had the OL to block for him.

Gibbs would've been amazing, if we had the OL to block for him.

Gibbs is a super slick runner, very good receiver, and has great feet and acceleration.

But make no mistake, a reason the offense seemed (and was) way less physical was because of the personnel at the skill positions. Bryce included, but Gibbs for sure. He was a small back. He wasn't afraid to finish runs, but he was not physical. He didn't punish tacklers or knock the pile backwards. He just didn't have the size for it - it wasn't his skill set. You can't run as many zone blocked RPOs and not have a back who can finish. There was no Damien Harris or Najee or Jacobs or Scarbrough to complement a finesse runner like Gibbs.

Back
Top Bottom