| FTBL Tragic story over the Memorial Day weekend

Sad stuff there. It was said that the last things he spoke were words of encouragement to his girlfriend. He was trying to keep her calm as the strong currents swept them apart.

I hate to be the safety curmudgeon here people...but please wear life vests.

Terrible news. Marquise was always a fan favorite for his pregame/post game comments.

-When playing Heisman winner, Jason White in title game:
He’s Mr. Heisman, and we wanted to go at him all night,” Hill said after the game. “That’s a big award, and if you win it, you’re going to pay for it.

“I said to him, ‘Excuse me, Mr. Heisman, I’m going to be coming at you all night.’ He just nodded his head at me.”

"Hill was just as candid when reporters asked about USC, the AP national champion that season, and its celebrated quarterback, Matt Leinart. LSU players resented talk of “sharing” a national championship with the Trojans.

“Hey, we’ll play them in a phone booth,” Hill said. “We’re tired of hearing this talk. We knocked out Jason White, and we’d knock out Matt Leinart.”

Marquise was in N.O. helping rebuild homes wrecked by Hurricane Katrina. Great kid, terrible news. I know his family appreciates your prayers.

reger60 said:
I hate jet skis. Very sad news.

i was riding my jet ski this sunday out on the lake and fliped off of it and broke my foot and JACKED UP my neck...i know that they can be very bad if you dont pay attention...he aslo wasnt wearing a life jacket...please...my one advice...wear any thing that is going to help you...

the_rolltide said:
reger60 said:

i was riding my jet ski this sunday out on the lake and fliped off of it and broke my foot and JACKED UP my neck...i know that they can be very bad if you dont pay attention...he aslo wasnt wearing a life jacket...please...my one advice...wear any thing that is going to help you...

As a fisherman that regularly goes out to the lake in a boat, I can honestly say that it's a friggin' miracle that I haven't had a collision with a jet ski. Many of the people that operate them are completely unaware of how dangerous the speed they can acheive can be so deadly, so quickly.

Jet skis have sworn us off two popular waterways in the last year. I'm really sorry that the guy died, but frankly I'm not at all surprised. These things are very dangerous.

reger60 said:
the_rolltide said:
reger60 said:

As a fisherman that regularly goes out to the lake in a boat, I can honestly say that it's a friggin' miracle that I haven't had a collision with a jet ski. Many of the people that operate them are completely unaware of how dangerous the speed they can acheive can be so deadly, so quickly.

Jet skis have sworn us off two popular waterways in the last year. I'm really sorry that the guy died, but frankly I'm not at all surprised. These things are very dangerous.

Yeah they are...trust me..i now know first hand!!!!

Back
Top Bottom