| FTBL This normally means one of two things

One thing that I find amusing with coaching searches is the line "removed his name from consideration" when there isn't anything for him to consider. If you aren't offered a job, what is there to consider? Brohm, in a nutshell, wasn't offered the job.

Don't get me wrong here...I've been told he did have an interview. But, when you interview, and you don't get an offer, it's not "removing my name" as much as it is "my name has been removed."

GoodScotch said:
Is it that far-fetched that Brohm pulled his name out?

I just find it funny that these statements are made by coaches GoodScotch. There always seems there's more to it than that. It's all part of the coaching game. Like someone in this thread mentioned Jack Del Rio and how he made an announcement pulling his name out of the running. Funny thing was, no BAMA fan actually knew he was in the running (this was a while back). There was nothing to indicate that he was a candidate at the time. But maybe it makes him look better to be percieved as a candidate for an opening, or maybe he scores loyalty points with the boss to make a statement? I don't know, but you know how these guys are always playing up an angle for a raise. There's no telling what all goes on with these guys and their agents behind the scenes.

Talking about the coaching game though, just like when Parcells was mentioned in connection with BAMA. No one actually believed he wanted to coach at BAMA. People were laughing their collective a$$es off. It's just his agent making calls and putting his name out there and inquiring about available jobs. That's what they do.

porkchop said:
GoodScotch said:
Is it that far-fetched that Brohm pulled his name out?

I just find it funny that these statements are made by coaches GoodScotch. There always seems there's more to it than that. It's all part of the coaching game. Like someone in this thread mentioned Jack Del Rio and how he made an announcement pulling his name out of the running. Funny thing was, no BAMA fan actually knew he was in the running (this was a while back). There was nothing to indicate that he was a candidate at the time. But maybe it makes him look better to be percieved as a candidate for an opening, or maybe he scores loyalty points with the boss to make a statement? I don't know, but you know how these guys are always playing up an angle for a raise. There's no telling what all goes on with these guys and their agents behind the scenes.

Talking about the coaching game though, just like when Parcells was mentioned in connection with BAMA. No one actually believed he wanted to coach at BAMA. People were laughing their collective a$$es off. It's just his agent making calls and putting his name out there and inquiring about available jobs. That's what they do.

I gotcha. Agents will always pimp their clients.

"Breaking News: Michael Jackson has pulled his name out of the running for the OC position at Alabama. Sources close to Jackson say that while Alabama had not contacted him, nor mentioned him as a potential candidate for the position, Jackson felt it appropriate to inform Coach Saban that he was not interested.

One source quoting Jackson said the following,

'Mr Jackson has clearly stated that he knows nothing about football except the players look good in tights, and that he (Jackson) wants to make it clear that he is not interested in filling the OC position at Alabama.' "

-Bill Curry, ESPN

I hear a 23 year old who resides in Florence is interested in the job...

His experience: Coached a toy bowl team to an undefeated season and squad champions.

Pretty impressive. 8)

Outlaw said:
I hear a 23 year old who resides in Florence is interested in the job...

His experience: Coached a toy bowl team to an undefeated season and squad champions.

Pretty impressive. 8)

Impressive indeed, to your parents maybe. :D

Back
Top Bottom