| FTBL This is one of the things that "kill" me about the realignments. But hey, the driver is getting paid!

For football maybe the money is worth it. Other sports it's just dumb
In my opinion, they have to figure out how to combine these things.

IE: Have a weekend when several sports programs play. Softball at noon, baseball at four. How many teams can you combine in one trip, for a weekend?

Now, think about the fans. Would you spend three days in Tuscaloosa to watch multiple teams? Been there, done that. The answer is yes.

In my opinion, they have to figure out how to combine these things.

IE: Have a weekend when several sports programs play. Softball at noon, baseball at four. How many teams can you combine in one trip, for a weekend?

Now, think about the fans. Would you spend three days in Tuscaloosa to watch multiple teams? Been there, done that. The answer is yes.
Answer was simple to me, realign in football and keep conferences the same in every other sport but since it's the way it is, what your saying makes the most sense.

Other sports don’t require the amount of game equipment that football does
This comment goes back to the the thought I had earlier. I'll use Bama as an example and their partnership with Delta. How many different teams, and staff's, could be put on one of those planes? Baseball, softball, gymnastics, maybe even track and field.

Just spitballin' ... seems cost efficient.

This comment goes back to the the thought I had earlier. I'll use Bama as an example and their partnership with Delta. How many different teams, and staff's, could be put on one of those planes? Baseball, softball, gymnastics, maybe even track and field.

Just spitballin' ... seems cost efficient.
Except . . . the time frames for games/matches will vary. Baseball and softball usually have a series of 3-4 games. Gymnastics and track and field are usually one-day events and at different times in the day and the length of the events vary. In theory it works but in practically it doesn’t.

Except . . . the time frames for games/matches will vary. Baseball and softball usually have a series of 3-4 games. Gymnastics and track and field are usually one-day events and at different times in the day and the length of the events vary. In theory it works but in practically it doesn’t.
Is it more cost efficient to "lodge" the gym and track team for three days than to fly them?

Softball at noon, baseball at four, gym at eight...hell of a Friday.

Weather leads to double headers. So, "Let's play two."

Despite NIL, these are still students that need to attend class.
I get what you are driving at even though I don't see it as applicable. One, we're talking about Saturday and Sunday. Two, how many actually have Friday classes they can't take online? I can't help but think about a kid who is flying from CA to the east coast...I'm thinking they'll have time to keep up with their classes.

I get what you are driving at even though I don't see it as applicable. One, we're talking about Saturday and Sunday. Two, how many actually have Friday classes they can't take online? I can't help but think about a kid who is flying from CA to the east coast...I'm thinking they'll have time to keep up with their classes.
How many games (besides football) are held on weekends? Have you ever taken a red eye flight from California to the East Coast? It’s tough to be functional for a couple of days.

How many games (besides football) are held on weekends? Have you ever taken a red eye flight from California to the East Coast? It’s tough to be functional for a couple of days.
What games aren't held on the weekends outside of the OOC, mid-week games?

Basketball, with their mid-week schedule, is the outlier, right? I'm looking at this through these parameters.

Screenshot 2024-09-25 7.57.50 AM.png

Back
Top Bottom